Oh Baby!

concert?

Like always, Jayme fell asleep on the way home, and Veronica carried her into the apartment. She sighed once she placed Jayme into her bed. She walked slowly into the living room, and fell into the couch. Tonight’s events filled her mind and she smiled. Joe was her new friend, and Jayme was totally smitten with the Jonas boys. Her life just got 100% more interesting.
---
The phone ringing woke Veronica up the next morning. She stared at the clock trying to read the fuzzy numbers: 11:07 AM.

She grabbed her phone.

“Ello?” She asked.

“Hey Ronnie!” A male voice sang.

“Joe?”

“Yup… did I wake you?” He asked.

“Yes.” Veronica said angrily.

“Well… good morning!” He yelled.

Veronica cringed. “Morning.” She grumbled. “What do you want, Stalker?”

“Actually, I was wondering if you and Jayme would like to come to a concert we’re having tonight… I forgot to ask you yesterday.”

Veronica thought about it. She still wasn’t that comfortable in her friendship with the Jonas Boys. Not because she didn’t want to be, but because she didn’t want to get emotionally involved with people who could leave without a second glance.

“You’re lucky I don’t work on Fridays.” She answered.

“You’ll come?” Joe asked eagerly.

“Sure Rockstar we’ll go.”

“Great! We’ll be there around one.”

“Okay I’m hanging up now.” Veronica said hanging up without hearing Joe’s response.

She slipped under her covers trying to get some more hours of sleep. Not gonna happen, she felt something jump on her.

“Was that O?” Jayme asked pulling at Veronica’s blankets.

“Yeah.” She answered sitting up. “We’re going to watch him and his brothers sing.”

“Really? Fun! I love him.” Jayme smiled clapping her hands together.

Veronica laughed. “Great… we better get ready Joe will be here in a couple hours.”
Jayme jumped off the bed, and stopped at the doorway. “Don’t follow me! I dress my-elf!” She demanded.

“Alright Jay-bear.” Her mother smiled.
---
Veronica was packing some snacks for Jayme a couple minutes before Joe was supposed to arrive.

“You know you should really lock your door.” Joe’s voice called out from behind her.

Veronica visibly jumped. “Joseph Adam Jonas!” She screamed and threw the dishtowel at him.

Joe laughed. “Did I scare you?”

“No duh Stalker.”

“O!” Jayme screamed running into the kitchen.

He turned and caught her in his arms. “Hey cutie.” He smiled at her.

“We watch you sing?”

“Yes, you are.”

“Come on Jay-bear lemme see what you picked out for yourself.” Veronica set her small daughter on the counter to display her outfit.

Jayme was decked out in her pink tutu with black tights, and a purple Camp Rock pajama shirt, and a small tiara.

“You look lovely.” Veronica smiled.

“Come on gang it’s time to hit the road.”

Jayme squealed and jumped into Joe’s arms again. Veronica quickly grabbed the stuff for Jayme, and a couple things for herself before following Joe and her daughter out of the house.

“Hello ladies.” Kevin greeted as they slipped into the limo.

“Wow!” Jayme breathed looking around.

“I’ve never been in a limo before.” Veronica stated sliding in next to Joe.

“Well… now you have.” Joe smiled.

“And I’ve never been to a concert before, or been backstage, or had friends that are famous…” She trailed off as Joe beamed.

“Now you have.”
---
The group entered the venue and Jayme ran around happily looking at everything. Veronica kept her in her sight, but walked next to the boys. Kevin ran up behind Jayme, and scooped her up; they ran off somewhere. Veronica shook her head and smiled.

“Kevin sure has a way with kids.” She smiled.

Joe nodded and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. “Now to your left is what we like to call the sound booth.” Joe said in a cheesy announcer voice. “Sit tight and soon we’ll be arriving at a very special place called the stage.” He continued and they walked onto the huge stage.

“Holy moley! This place is huge!” Veronica exclaimed.

Joe laughed and ran around the stage. Veronica watched him as he jumped around, and sang to himself. He was such a happy person. He was the kind of person that people just wanted to be around. Jayme came running from somewhere and jumped onto Joe. He smiled at her and placed her small feet on his. He started dancing moving his legs around in circles. Jayme laughed and held onto his hands.

It was so cute to see Joe and Jayme. Veronica wondered for a second what life would be like if Joe was Jayme’s father. She wondered what he would’ve done when she told him she was pregnant. Their home was so non-judgmental. Flashes of her and the Jonas’ slipped into her mind and she quickly shook these thoughts away. She’d barely met them.

“Dance mommy!” Jayme ordered tugging Joe to her.

“May I?” Joe asked swooping into a low bow.

Veronica blushed despite herself.

“You can stand on my feet if you like.” He smiled at her.

Veronica took his outstretched hand and gently placed her feet on his. Joe wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. She placed her hands on his shoulder. She was so much shorter than him, maybe reaching a little above his shoulder. She looked up into his face; it was so close to hers. He smiled again.

“Good thing I brushed my teeth huh?” He whispered.

Veronica laughed and nodded. “Totally a good thing.”

Joe started humming a little tune his mouth close to her ear, and continued to move their feet. Veronica closed her eyes and leaned her head on his chest and shoulder. She lost herself in the soft sound of his hum and the vibration of his vocal chords. Her arms tightened around his neck, and she smiled to herself.

“Okay are we ready for a sound-” Kevin trailed off as he walked on-stage.

Joe and Veronica pulled away, and Joe smiled. Kevin eyed him. “Did I interrupt anything?”

Veronica laughed. “Naw Joe and I were just fooling.” She smiled at him.

“We need to do a sound check.” Kevin stated.

“I’ll show Ronnie backstage.” Joe said placing his hand on the small of her back.

“Wait! Where’s my daughter, Kevin?” She stopped to turn to him.

“She’s already backstage mom, don’t worry.” Kevin said sarcastically.
♠ ♠ ♠
did you like?
sorry it took so long to up-date!