Hallelujah, Lock and Load

Chapter 61 - The Grand Finale.

“Wake up, Vixxen,” someone said softly beside me. I rose a brow at Shane’s face next to mine.

“What?” I asked.

Jared came into the room, dressed in a black tux with a cape and child size top hat, “Morning mommy,” he said softly.

I was getting married today!

I sat up and smiled, “Happy Halloween!”

“Happy Halloween Mrs. Almost Way,” Shane smirked, wearing a top hat of his own. We were in New Jersey in a house next to Gerard’s mom--- Donna’s--- house. We’d purchased the house when we came back to Jersey two months ago.

Gee was at his mom’s house, getting ready. I could hear my Bridesmaids squealing downstairs as I rubbed my tummy before getting into my dress.

The dress I was wearing covered the pregnant swell nicely. It was a black and purple corset dress, halter style, with an empress-styled waistline. The bottom was a very flowy. Instead of a veil I was wearing a black and purple tiara and black feathered wings with a bouquet of black roses. My bridesmaids were wearing black flowing gowns with gold hems that tied over the left shoulder. They had smaller black wings with purple lilies.

Since it was Halloween, if you couldn’t have guessed, we were dressing up. The girls and I were ‘fallen angels’ while the Gerard had his ushers dressed as vampires.

“I need to call Frankie!” I said suddenly before rushing to the phone. Mikey and Lisa got married last month, Frankie and Merce were now engaged as were Ray and Carmella. Bert was proposing to Nessa tonight, and I guess Bob planned on proposing in a few weeks to Ro on their eight month anniversary. Ro’s favorite number is eight, apparently, so he thought it would be cute.

Shane and Jared had just left for Gee’s house, so they could finish getting ready and we could do the same.

“What if Gerard picks up?!” Mercy squealed. “It’s bad luck.”

“Oh poo,” Lisa said shrugging. “Mikey and I had a quickie in the broom closet of the church before our ceremony, and we’re fine.

“Still,” Ro smirked.

“Figures you two fucked in the broom closet of a CHURCH!” Carmella giggled.

“Shh you,” Lisa grinned.

Nessa started to do my hair, she was really good with hairstyling and was giving me an up-do. “Why not have someone call over incase he picks up,” she suggested as Frank’s sister Julia, started to shade my eyes with black. She was in the wedding as well. I didn’t know her as much as the others, but we’d hung out a few times and I really liked her.

“I’ll do it!” Ro said, sounding overly excited to use the phone.

She called before handing me the phone, “Frankie!” I squealed.

“Vix!” he squealed back.

“I wanted to say Happy Birthday and sorry to steal your thunder!”

“You sound hyper, Vix, have you been eating Skittles too?!” he giggled.

“Uh… No…”

“Hey… Watch out…” Frank said suddenly.

“Me? Why?” I said before Bert ran into the room and ran at me.

“My baby’s getting married!” he squealed as I hung up the phone and hugged him tight.

He looked good as a vampire… Nessa’s expression confirmed this, “Does this church have a broom closet, too?” she asked me with a devious expression.

“Bert!” I squealed, “You showered.”

“I know! Isn’t fucking crazy?!” he asked.

You know what’s sad?

We were both being serious.

---*

We were at the old church, the architecture mimicking the gothic style of the 1200s. It was beautiful and dark, with dark cherry wood. It was perfect…

“Did you find out what you’re having?” My grandfather asked, as we waited for our cue to start walking down the aisle.

I nodded, “I’m having a girl,” I smiled. “Gerard wants to name her Meghan Francesca-Mikayla Way.”

“Beautiful,” he smiled as Frank played the wedding march on his guitar. We asked him to do so and being the best man, he couldn’t say no. “That’s us,” my grandfather smiled.

We began our walk, my eyes locking on Gerard’s. His smile was the brightest thing in the room. He mouthed a ‘hi’ while I was halfway down the aisle. I laughed slightly and mouth ‘hi baby’.

“I’m not ready to loose you hun, but I couldn’t be more proud,” my grandfather smiled. “You’re going to be great,” he whispered before kissing my cheek and placing my hand in Gerard’s.

He squeezed my hand gently.

“Who gives this woman to this man?” the priest asked.

“Me,” My grandfather answered.

This is the first day of my life… I’m glad I didn’t die before I met you.

—The End—