It's Not the Truth

One

Yana's POV

When I stepped out of the car, I took a look at my mothers house. It still looked worn down with a little hint of blue. I sighed, picked up my bag, and walked down the little concrete path. There was an eery feeling in my stomach. I heard the crash of thunder and I instantly sped of my pace, running towards the door. Before I got there, the door opened, and there stood my mother. She looked terrible! Her make-up was running down her face and her clothes were dirty. I walked up the steps and came face to face with. It took a while, but she finally smiled. "They told me you were coming today.." Her voice sounded soft, like it could break at any moment. "Mom..." I crashed into her arms, sobbing. We stood there, and in that one moment, it felt good to be home. The driver muttered a "Take care." and drove off. I, for the first time in awhile, stepped into my house. It was actually clean. I sat in the big red chair and sighed. It just didn't feel like home. My mother sat next to me. "Ayana, " she muttered, "When you left..I-I..got a new job straight after and..we're doing better now. We're gonna make it, baby." She grabbed a hold of my hand. "Where's Quinton?"

I stepped up the stairs and looked up. The same 13 steps awaited for me. They creaked insanely, but I just shrugged it off. I got into the hallway and looked at the door to my left. Quinton's room. I twisted the knob and walked in. He was laying down, facing the wall. "Tink?" He turned over and grinned widely. "Yana!" He stood and ran to me, hugging me, tightly. "I missed you so much!" he cried. "Tink, you're such fruitcake." I laughed, trying not to cry. He giggled and hugged me more. We finally sat down and talked. "What did they do to you?" He asked. "Nothing, Tink. I just sat in a room all day, every day." I answered."What else happened?" he asked, losing interest. "Ummm...I met a girl." I said, looking around. "Ooh..what was her name?" he asked. "Constance." I said. He nodded. "Did you like her?" Oh, he didn't know. I grinned and nodded. "Good." he said, laying his head on my lap. It was getting late and I could hear him snoring. I sighed and stood, kissing his forehead. "G'night, Tink." I whispered. I walked out of the room, hoping to talk to my mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yo'. 'Tis D.
We're back for the sequel! yay
Please comment =]