Secret Weapon

Oneshot.

“You’re dead, Gerard!” Billie Joe said with a laugh as everyone started loading up their guns.

Gerard smirked. “You just haven’t met our secret weapon yet.”

“Oh, please,” Tré said, rolling his eyes. “We completely destroy you every game, even though you have one more guy than us. That’s never gonna change.”

“But we have two more people now, so I get to be on Billie’s team!” Frank cried, running over to their group and smiling. “So it’ll be even.”

“That’s not fair. I already called it,” Mikey said with a glare.

Bob put a hand on his shoulder. “Hey, no worries. We could win.”

“But you’ve never played paintball before,” said Ray. “And Billie Joe’s right; they do always beat us.”

“Don’t be so negative, guys,” Bob said as he loaded the gun. He followed the rest of them to the starting point, and soon enough, everyone ran off to hide.

Half an hour later, Billie Joe sat on the ground and leaned back against a wall, letting the rest of his team take over defending their unofficial fort for a while. They had easily taken out Gerard, Mikey, and Ray, but it seemed like their fourth team member was impossible to hit.

“Did you guys shoot him yet?” he asked, receiving negative responses from Mike, Tré, and Frank.

“We don’t even know where he is. It’s like he vanished,” said Mike.

Billie Joe narrowed his eyes, listening carefully. “I think I hear something…”

Suddenly, the sound of machine gun fire filled their ears as paintballs rained down upon them. They tried to scatter so none of them would get hit, but within ten seconds, each of them had been coated in multicolored splatters of paint. Billie Joe looked towards the source, only seeing the gleaming end of a gun’s barrel disappear from over the top of the wall behind them.

“What just happened?” Frank asked, trying to stand up and falling down immediately.

Billie Joe blinked. “We…lost.”

All of them met in the parking lot a few minutes later, Gerard and Mikey sharing high fives and hugs like they had just won a VMA. Billie Joe congratulated them with a smile, but Mike suddenly distracted him, pulling on his sleeve and pointing at something.

“What is it?”

“That’s the guy we couldn’t hit,” he said with amazement, staring at the man walking back to MCR’s bus.

Billie Joe laughed and turned back to the group. “Yeah, who is your ‘secret weapon?’ He’s really good.”

“Oh, that’s Bob,” Gerard said nonchalantly. “He used to be on the Chicago SWAT team.”