Status: FINISHED!

His Wicked Smile

Party-Hardy

"Oh, Willooooow!!"

"Wills!"

I turned from making my hot tea and looked at the bouncing figure of Amel and Charlie walking into the kitchen. I smiled at them. "Sup G's?"

"There is a HUGE-- and I mean huge," Amel demonstrated with her hands while raising her eyebrows. "Party tonight. Outdoorsy political stuff. You know, but we gotta go get a dress."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien sighed.

"You don't look fat. We already went over this."

"Why do I have to go, I'm just a human. Remember?" I rolled my eyes at him as he helped me into the Bugatti. The car was lower than I was so he had to help me and my stomach into it. "God, why do you have to be so freaking rich to afford this damn thing and have it so low, and it's not even pretty. You're a horrible person Damien. You are not my friend anymore. I don't like you."

He shook his head at me and got in on the other side. "Sure thing. And you have to go because my heir has to go. You're carrying my heir thus you have to go."

I slouched in my seat and groaned. "This is buuuullllshhhiiiiittt."

He laughed at me and pulled out of the driveway.

"So what are we going to?"

"His eyes were focused on the road but he continued speaking, "It's a party for the Western Empire's king and his wife's engagement. She's the princess of some race. Apparently it's a big thing for lycans to marry outside their race." He shrugged.

"I thought you were enemies with Lycans. And why aren't your parents going?" Come to think of it I've heard next to nothing about Damien's parents.

"My parents aren't around. My father still has the throne but while on a business meeting in Techritus--an island--they both were poisoned with lycan blood. They're still on that island. People are always attacking the throne. And lycans aren't our enemies, we're just hazardous to each other."

"So your parents were poisoned and you haven't done anything? You're crazy."

"I never liked them much, too protective. Plus their almost gone now."

He acted so nonchalant about the subject. How could he feel nothing for his parents?

"You get used to it when you live forever and don't age."

I stayed quiet.

"Anyway, at this party. Just stick with me. Okay? There's going to be a lot of Royalty there."

I nodded. He pulled into a large driveway. Damien helped me out of the car and we walked around the back of the huge mansion. My feet were already starting to hurt as they were swollen. My feet were sporting plain black flats to accommodate my....uhm condition.

Damien's arm was around my waist as we entered the backyard. I didn't want to meet all these random people. I didn't want to have to deal with the awkwardness of my humanity. Wearily, I looked at Damien. He smiled reassuringly at me.

Almost seventy people were there at the party. There were bars and food tables as well as cages with people in them.

"Uhm, Damien?" I pulled on his tux. "Why are there people in cages?"

"Hon. They're for the vampires."

"C'mon let's go get some drinks." He steered my towards the bar past all sorts of creatures and people. Eyes would linger on me, then they'd look at Damien, then my stomach, then back at me. "I'll take AB Negative. And she'll have a," He looked at me. "She'll have your best wine."

"Hey! That's my bloodtype."

"I know." He smirked.

The bartender gave us our drinks and we went to mingle. "Dude, I'm pregnant."

"Vampires can't get drunk or intoxicated at all. Not on alcohol at least."

"DAMIEN!" A shrill squealing voice said.

Damien's arm was ripped form my waist and he was attacked by a bleached blonde beauty in a short light pink dress. Damien awkwardly patted her on the back. "Hey Strail."

"Ohmigosh! Damien it's been a while!" She kept her hand on his arm while holding onto her glass of red.
Damien rubbed his neck awkwardly and stepped back.

"Yeah, it has been."

"You look really good," She said while fluttering her eyes.

"Uh, you do too."

"Oh, Damien. Stop flirting with me." She giggled obnoxiously as she playfully slapped his chest. She turned to me. "Damien, who is this?"

"This is--" He said pulling me close., but I stepped away.

"We've met before."

I stared hard at her. Her voice turned icy. "Oh, right. I guess we have. You're the human." It wasn't a question. She was using the term as a demeaning insult.

"Yes. I am." My words laced with venom.

"Damien, what would you be doing with a human?"

"She's carrying my heir. Back off Strail."

She pouted towards him. "But Damien, honey. That will taint the thing."

"Strail, I really dont feel like dealing with you right now."

He wrapped his hand around my waist again and led us away from Strail, whose mouth was left agape.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you forgive me?

Comment?
Please?