Status: FINISHED!

His Wicked Smile

Haywire

"Where the fuck did that come from?"
My hand was on my hips. Marry? Marry Damien? We weren't even in love? What the fuck could have brought that on. Yeah, we have a kid. But he raped me and kidnapped me so I could have it. He blooded me, whatever the fuck that was anyway and we finally got to where we're friends. He's a fuckin' prince, a vampire prince at that. A vampire how the hell is that even real? How did I ever believe that shit.

But it is real. I do believe that shit.

"Spur of the moment type of shit. Look, I really fucking need a partner on the throne because of how weak its power has become with my parents being sick and all. I don't even care if we're not in love. All I need is your consent. We can divorce later on, I don't give a shit. Whatever. I don't think you can comprehend how much I really need this marriage." He inhaled after saying that all in one breath.

I was stunned, to say the least. "I- I mean. I never thought about marrying you."

However, the idea of being royal was very appealing to me. Damien looked at me.

I sighed. "Why don't you get a random immortal? Won't it look bad if we....," the word was difficult to say in terms of me and another. I was too young for this shit. "...got married."

Damien didn't give an answer instead he stared at me. Helplessness was written all over his face. He had just lost his parents. He just had his first kid. He was going to be crowned king soon.

And here I was, a loser mortal with wit enough just to pass high school. Somehow I had gotten thrown into a mess of other realms. I was privileged to have known what I knew. I didn't like the fact that, oh hey! I'm teen mom! But then again. What did I have to lose?
I had a total of what? three? four friends? All my others thought I was dead or now hate me.
Most likely the former.

What point was there in not marrying Damien? He was hot, rich, royal, nice, funny, sweet, sarcastic, realistic, cynical, and smart. We have a kid together anyway....

"Yeah? I'll marry you." I couldn't tell if I was saying that to convince him, or myself.

His arms were suddenly around me, holding me close to him. If he was alive, I would have been able to hear his heartbeat. His chin rested atop of my head.

I hugged him back.

"Willow, thankyou. You don't even know what this means to me." His ribcage expanded and went back to normal. I smiled over his shoulder.

"It's nice to not have anything in between us anymore. I can hug you for real." I was letting myself just be lost in his arms.

Cliche shit? I think so.

"Yeah. It's nice."

----------------------------------------------------------

"I love you, baby!"

Her emerald eyes shone up at me. I kissed her forehead. I put Evelyn back into her crib.

"Ready hun?"

I turned to Mark.

"Yeah. Ready as I'll ever be."

"Okay, and Amel and Charlie, go. Go."

Turns out, that when Damien had said he needed to marry me, he meant that the next day he needed to marry me.

"Our turn sweetie." I looked at my friend.

As there were no parents from either side to walk me down the isle, Mark took my arm and guided me down a black carpet.

On either side of me sat hundreds of officials, kings, queens, guests, relatives, and commoners. There was no engagement ring, there was no rehearsal dinner, there was no practice for the wedding, there was no preparation for me. The dress was made from vintage black lace that had been altered in a matter of hours this morning. Non-stop work had been done on my face and hair.

My shoes were killer white heels. We were in the castle, not a church like I wanted when I was younger, not a hilltop like I'd hoped for, this was the most un-romantic wedding I'd ever attended. And it was my own.

No after party, no cake, no wonderful dancing with my dad, who thought I was dead. Nothing, we were to leave on our suspected honeymoon right after the crowning. Amel and Charlie would take care of Evelyn. The media hyped this shit up in all of three hours today. Spread across this realm was our wedding announcements.

"Willow," Mark whispered. "This is where you go." I had stopped for a second, lost in my thoughts. I came back to reality and stepped up to the general of the kingdom's army.

Words, words, words. I grew bored of his incessant talking and glanced at Damien. He caught my gaze and smiled. He had wanted this. He looked so good in his tux and royal purple cape. His hair had shifted so it didn't fall so much in his eyes. His green eyes, the eyes of my daughter. The eyes that would be around me for the rest of my life.

My lif-...
"With the power invested in me, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife. King and Queen."

He placed an elaborate crown on Damien's head and an equally beautiful one on mine.

The general looked at us. "You may now kiss the bride."

This is what the paparazzi had been hyping up for, they'd never seen us intimate. Hell, I'd never seen us intimate.

Damien's hands went around my waist. He leaned down and I closed my eyes. His lips molded onto mine perfectly, it was a simple innocent kiss.

Yet it made my entire body ignite with a tingling sensation. Originating from my lips down to my feet. My knees almost buckled beneath me, but Damien had felt that coming on and gripped my waist tighter.

Everyone was clapping and cheering. The noise was so thunderous.

He pulled away. I whispered quickly, knowing he would catch what I said. "Did you feel that?"

He smiled, his fangs clearly showing. "Yeah."
♠ ♠ ♠
Are these chapters short? I think so.

So I decided to be nice....FYI someone unsubscribed.

Thought you should know, nice peoples.

DONT
BE
A
SILENT
READER

:)