Brian Haner Jr

Brian Haner Jr.

They had only kissed once before, yet Nicole had a sense of coming home as she stepped into Brian's embrace. His arms were as strong as she remembered, his chest as broad, his taste as sweet. When his lips pressed against hers, it was easy to surrender to the passion flaring between them, to simply rest her belly against his arousal and it was the most natural thing in the world to touch her tongue to his.

They both wore casual clothes and regular shoes so he was only a couple inches taller than her. She raised her arms until they restedon his broad shoulders, then leaned against him. His big hands stretched across her back, holding her...perhaps in place...perhaps just touching. Either was fine with her. She had no plans to disappear. Being close to Brian, feeling his strength, his head and his desire, was the best part of her day. She couldn't imagine anyone else feeling so right in her embrace.

He tiled his head slightly, then plunged his tongue into her mouth. She welcomed him, touching him, circling around, teasing him. He let her play her game, then returned the sensual torture, exploring hermouth, stroking aginst her in a way designed to make her whimper.

Their closeness ignited a fire inside of her. The flames didn't just flicker gently with a sensual warmth. Instead she found herself consumed by a conflagration that left her breathless and weak. The muslces of her legs trembled. Her breats swelled and ached, and between her thights she felt the swelling and dampness that foretold her body's readiness for this male's very male invaison.

Brian broke the kiss, but before she could protest, he licked her lower lip, then nibbled at the corner of her mouth. She found it difficult to continue to hold her head upright. When he kissed a damp trail down her neck, it was easy to tilt her head to the side and allow him to have his way with her.

Light, teasing, tickling kisses made her shiver. He bit her ear lobe, then soothed the erotic hurt with his tongue. He breathed her name against the hollow of her throat, he kissed his way to the other side of her neck and back up to her mouth. Every action stirred her more deeply and left her wanting in a way she'd never wanted a man before in her life.

His hardness pressed against her belly. She flexed her hips and ruped up and down wanting him to want with the same fierceness. He groaned low in his throat.

"You're killing me," he murmered against her mouth.

"Me, too."

"Don't stop."

He licked at the seam of her lips, but when they parted, he didn't invade. Instead he touched the tip of her tongue with his head and retreated. When she didn't respond, he repeated the action. Nicole finally realized that he wanted her to follow, to play a very grown-up version of tag.

The next time he tagged her as "it" she went after him, delving into his mouth, exploring him as he had explored her. She learned the tastes and textures of him, felt the smoothness of his teeth, the faint roughness of his tongue. Unexpectedly his lip lamped around her and he sucked gently.

The incredible sensation sent lightning flaring through her woman's place and down her legs. she shuddered and pressed harder against him, needing him, deperate for more contact.

He pulled back slightly and rained kisses on her face.

"No," she gasped reaching up to hold him in place, then kissing him again, practically attacking him. he chuckled, then plunged into her mouth, stroking her, exciting her, making her want to rip her clothes off and beg him to take her right there.

Thank goodness he could read her mind. His hands settled on her waist, then moved up under the loose sweatshirt she'd pulled on that morning. Strong, warm fingers traced up her ribs, making her shiver, before he cupped her breasts against his palms.

Nicole considered herself fairly average on top. Not small, bt not huge either. Brian held her breasts in a way that made her think they'd been designed specifically with his hands in mind. Or maybe it was the other way around. Regardless, as he gently explored her curves, lightly rubbing his palms against her puckered nipples, she felt herself grow hotter.

One of his hands moved behind her for a second. She felt a faint tug, then her bra loosened. Brian pulled up her sweatshirt, lowered his head and took her nipple in his mouth. The feeling of his damp lips an tongue nearly made her scream. She had to hold onto him to keep from collapsing. Heat and need built inside of her until she thought she couldn't stand it. Muscles quivered. If she hadn't known better she would have thought that she might climax righ tthen...just because he was touching her breats. But that wasn't possible. They were standing in a hallway, both fully dressed. It was crazy to think that-

Brian swore, then stood up. He clutched her shoulders and pressed his forehead to hers. "I'm about to lose it and we know this is neither the time nor the place. Right?"

"Right."

They both sounded hoarse, their voices thick with passion.

"You're amazing," he told her. "I want you so much."

"And I want you."

But he was right. There were two children in the house. They were supposed to be baby-sitting. Regardless of how turned on she felt now. Nicole know that she wouldn't be comfortable if they took things any further. She was glad they'd stopped. Really. Except every part of her ached for Brian. how had things gotten so hot so fast? The man could turn her on with a look.

She reached behind her and refastened her bra, then straightened her sweatshirt. "Thanks," she whispered.

"Oh, it was my please, and I mean that." Brian studied her.

"What?" she asked. "Why are you staring?"

"I'm trying to learn your secrets."

She frowned. As far as I she knew, she didn't have many. "What secrets?"

"I want to know why you aren't married." He reached up and touched her face. "Don't even think about giving me that 'I've been so busy' line. We both know it's more than that."

What was she supposed to say? Nicole didn't have an answer. She opened her mouth, then closed it and shrugged.

"Not good enough, Dr. Milenkovich. You're an amazing woman. Bright, beautiful, sexy as hell. If you'd kept rubbing against me like that I would have embarrassed us both.

She smiled. "I wouldn't have been embarrassed."

"It would have done me in." He paused.

She knew he was awiting for an answer. "I'm not hiding anything, Brian. I'm as confussed as you are. I think it's a combination of things. I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I think it's my past, and fear, and maybe circumstances. I'm not sure. What's your excuse?"

She'd expected him to make some flippant response. Insted he said, "I'm a screw up. Lok what happened when I went to college."

She took his hand and led him to th etop of the stairs where they both sat. Their shoulders brushed against each other. "I don't believe that," she said. "It took you a little while to get it all together. So what? Some people aren't ready for college at eighteen. They need to figure a few things out."

"Maybe. I guess I'm something of a late bloomer. It takes me a while to get it together."

"Now you have Skylar."

"Yeah. A child."

But no wife.

Neither of them spoke the phrase, but Nicole suspected they were both thinking the same thing. was he ready now? If so, where did that leave her? Did she care? Did she want to care?

"I think we're both in a transition stage in our lives," she said carefully. "That's not a heath y time to get involved in anything..." She paused. "You know, personal."

He turned towards her. "Is that your professional opinon?"

"I'm not a psychiatrist. But it's my opinion, professional or otherwise."

"I see." He tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "And if I were to kiss you right now?"

Instantly her body went up in flames. It took every ounce of strength she had to keep from swaying toward him. "I'm not sure I could resist."

He smiled. "Thanks for telling me that." He leaned close and brushed a kiss across her mouth.

"Go to bed, Dr. Nicole Milenkovich. Go right now or I won't be responsible for my actions."

She hesitated. What did she want? was is Brian? Or did she want the safety of her boring, impersonal life? Then she glanced around at the unfamiliar house and realized that regardless of what she wanted, she couldn't forget where they were.

"Good night," she said regretfully as she rose to her feet.

He didn't say anything. He just watched her walk toward the guest room. She had a feeling it was going to be a long time before either of them slept.