Because I love you more than my heart can bear...

Come back?

'Gerard.' Frank looked surprised - Gerard had just burst through his door while they were all appling make-up for tonights gig. Gerad was panting, with a look of fierce determination on his face. Perhaps he has come to do what he should have done a long time ago. Claim me as his. Frank thought, hardly daring to believe his treacherous mind. After all, he thought ruefully, it has been wrong before. He let his mind wander back to all those times when Gerard and he had came so close to kissing, so close to doing the things he was sure that they both wanted - but Gerard had always spoken nothing about the love he surely felt for Frank. Nothing. Perhaps Frank's drunken confession awakened the raging fire of passion that Frank had nurtured ever since the day he had first laid eyes on his beloved Gerard.
But then that vixen came along, he reminded himself, Rosalie. Even the name caused Frank to quake in frustration and jealousy. She had came and stole Gerard's secretive glances that once belonged to Frank. But there was a difference - Gerard's glances to Rosalie contained longing, lust, and love with hints of tenderness, affection, and adoration. While Franks contained measly amounts of curiousity and lust. But never love. There had never been a gaze filled with love. Although, Frank thought, ruefully, I have enough for both of us.
'Frank.' Gerard said, cutting into Franks reverie. 'We need to talk.'
Inwardly, Frank groaned. Those words always meant bad news. He indicated a sofa, and they both sat down. Gerard looked uncomfortable, but the determination never left his face.
'First of all, Frank. I'm sorry. I never knew that you felt this way about me - and believe me, if I had known I would have done nothing to encourage it. I thought that it was just a game - I never knew that you were serious. I never knew.' Frank looked deep into his eyes and saw a sincerity there which assured him that Gerard was telling the truth. He felt sick. Deep in his mind he knew that his silly infatuation with Gerard was going to have to stop, but his heart just wouldn't let him believe it. And his world was crashing down upon him.
'And if I did, I don't think that I would have permitted it to carry on. Frank - if we were together and everything had gone pear-shape - how would the band cope? We wouldn't - thats how. And that's whats happeneing now. We - the band - are on the verge of a break-up. And it's all because of this silly crush. I don't know how we're gonna cope without you here, Frank. The band would be nothing. And I know you don't want that. I don't want that. Niether does the rest of the band - needless to say, then fans. So Frank - I'm asking you as the leader of this awesome band - no - as a friend. Come back. Please?'