Because I love you more than my heart can bear...

So long and goodnight.

'Come back. Please?'
'No.'
'No?'
'No.'
'But, Frank?'
'Yes.'
'Why no?'
'Because that witch would be there. Always there. With you. Where I should be. I can't stand that - I can't stand seeing you and her, together. Gerard, can't you see? Can't you see that you and I look good together? I love you - and you can't deny that you feel something too! You do, Gerard - you do! I've seen the way that you look at me when you think I'm not looking, and I've heard the tenderness in your voice when you talk to me! You can't deny it Gerard - you've thought about it!' His voice seemed to break, and he looked down - to hide his tears? - finishing in a whisper: 'You can't deny it.'
Gerard looked shocked - he had never knew that Frank had seen the things that he had thought he had hidden well - but that was the past and this was the present. He had thought he loved Frank, but then Rosalie - his dear sweet Rosalie - had came and taught him how to really love. She taught him how to love with a passion.
And he couldn't let her leave. Not even if Frank wanted her to. Not even if the band was going to collapse without Frank. For he knew that, if he lost his Rosalie, then the world should lose its colour. If he lost her then he would lose the one thing that kept him going. If he lost her... there was no telling what he might do.
But the band.
The band made his world go round, and after his first few years of living alone had turned into a miserable failure he had found it. He had found My Chemical Romance. And now he couldn't deny it.
If Frank was what the band needed, then Frank was what the band would get. Rosalie would have to be discarded and, although it broke his heart, it had to be done.
For the sake of the band.
For the sake of the band...

'If Rosalie...' His voice broke. Gerard swallowed and started again, 'If Rosalie left... And didn't come back... Would you...' He blinked his eyes trying to banish the unshed tears that blinded his vision. 'Would you... come back?'
Frank watched Gerard, whom was obviously in pain, say the one thing that he had promised himself he wouldn't say, with a cold, cold satisfaction deep in his body. This was what he had wanted. He wanted Gerard all to himself - and without Rosalie - this could work.
So long, my dearest snake. Frank thought with a grim smile. So long and goodnight.