Roof-Top Romance

THE PHONE CALL AND THE EMAIL

"Oh wow, he actually wrote back," I said happily in to the phone. "I wasn't expecting a reply so soon."

"Maybe it’s not him. Or if it is him, he's replying to tell you not to write him," Caitlin said.

"Nah, I know it’s him. I just thought he would be busier. I just sent it yesterday."

"You got lucky chick."

I opened the email.

"I'm doing well....love to hear from fans....on tour soon..." I mumbled into the phone. "Broke it off with his girlfriend?!" I said loudly. "Caitlin, him and his chick broke up! That's horrible!"
"Oh don't lie, you know you're happy..." She told me.

"That's so not cool. Gerard is probably really sad right now."

"Yeah, I bet. They were together for a long time from what I heard."

"I'm sure. Well hey, I'll call you back later. I'm gonna email him back and do some other stuff."

"Okay talk to you later. Bye!"

I had no idea what to do. I just received an email from my idol. I couldn’t believe he actually wrote me back. Gerard Way is the person I had written. He is the lead singer of the band My Chemical Romance. For a very long time, they had been my main focus because they were able to put into words the things I think in my mind, as well as give me a healthy way of expressing my feelings, which is scream singing along with the words that he had so carefully written.

Hey Gerard. Wow, I wasn't expecting a reply that quick. I hope
you have a good time on tour. It should be fun. I may sound
crazy asking this, but I am having a party this weekend and
since you will be out this way, would you and the guys like to
come? I'll give you my number so you can call me or you can
always email back. Either one works for me. It's whatever is
easier for you.

xoxo,
Elena