Roof-Top Romance

PLANS AND THE BAND

Elena and Gerard continued conversing back and forth for a long time. They just couldn’t shut up. They had so many different things to say.
“I was reading a thing online and it said that you said that people think you guys are vampires,” Elena told him.
Gerard laughed slightly. “That is funny actually. I think the video is what gave people that idea. But they think we’re loaded too. People think we’re rich vampires.”
“That is kind of funny actually…”
“We wear makeup and stuff like that. But we’re not exactly vampires or goths for that matter. If you hear the music, you’ll know.”
“Well I’m not saying that you are. I know you’re not. My dad doesn’t really go for the whole gothic thing and if I dye my hair black, he may not like it. But I’ll like it.”
“Well if you like it, that’s all that matters.”
“Yeah, but I still have to listen to him. I dyed my hair a light auburn color and he freaked out.”
“Well I’m not sure then. But it’s what we do. You don’t have to if you don’t want to. I mean not all of us dye our hair black. Ray doesn’t. But you can if you want to.”
“I do want to. Maybe I’ll have my mom do it this weekend. But I sort of want what you had. I want black hair with red streaks.”
“That would look cool as hell on you.”
“I did it with Halloween hair color spray stuff and it was great! I loved it so much! But it was a bitch to get out of my hair because of being blond.”
“Oh, I never thought about that.”
“I didn’t either. But when it barely faded after a shower, then I freaked.”
“Did you get in trouble?”
“No, it was okay. It pretty much faded out after about two weeks.”
“Well that’s good, I guess.”
“Yeah, I have to color my hair all the freakin time now. I got highlights back in seventh grade and I can never seem to get a color that doesn’t make my roots look really bad.”
“Well, you’ll have that. You more or less have to experiment.”
“Yeah, I’m learning that. I’ve gone from bleach blond to dark blond/brown.”
“I would like to see what you look like with red hair.”
“I have a picture of me with it. It’s my eighth grade picture. It’s in my living room. That one is my absolute favorite.”
“Well I would like to see it and this is totally random, but Cincinnati is only 138 miles away.”
“Holy crap, we’ll be there in like three hours. Now I’m really excited. I want you to meet my mom, Bob, and Lauren.”
“Who is Bob?” He asked.
“Bob is my mom’s boyfriend. He’s really cool.”
“Does he like our music?”
“Not exactly, he’s more in to old rock. But his daughter likes you guys. I would have been with her Tuesday if we went to the concert.”
“Yeah, I’m sorry that you couldn’t go.”
“Well its okay. I still got to meet you which is something that I wanted to do before I die.”
“Well I hope this doesn’t mean you are going to die now.”
“Oh yeah, I got what I want so I’m going to go hang myself now. Yeah right…”
“Smart ass,” He said to her.
“She got what she wanted, said the note on the floor. We saw her hanging when we opened the closet door,” She said.
“Oh, I like that! Did you just make that up?”
“Yeah,” She said and she laughed. “It was just on my mind. That is nifty!”
“You should write that down somewhere. We can use that later if you want,” He told her.
“That’s what we should do Gerard! Let’s write lyrics to a song. I think it was Frank I remember saying that you sing the songs and then they play with your voice so they have an idea of how the melody should go or something like that.”
“Yeah, it’s something like that. But if you want to we can. It will give us something to do.”
“Well the only thing is that it’s dark and you can’t drive with the light on. It makes it too hard to see.”
“That’s true,” He said.
“Well it’s not like we won’t have plenty of time together. We can always write one later.”
“Yep.”
“Do you think the guys would care if we wrote a song?” She asked him.
“I doubt it.”
“Okay, I’m still new and I don’t want to piss anyone off this early.”
He laughed at this. “It should be fine. None of us really get mad easy so it should be alright.”
“What would I have to do to make you super mad at me?” She asked him.
“I don’t know. Why, do you want to make me mad?”
“Not exactly, that’s not what I meant. It’s more or less so I know what not to do.”
“Well don’t worry. I doubt you could do anything to make me mad. I just don’t see that happening.”
“I don’t know, it could happen. I might get annoying. I’m still so happy that I even know you. That happiness hasn’t gone away yet.”
“I’m happy I know you too. I’m glad we met. We are going to be really good friends. I really like you and you have an awesome personality.”
“Thanks.”
“No need to thank me, it’s true. You are so cool. You shouldn’t talk to bad about yourself. That’s one thing I remember from xanga. You were really negative. But what you say isn’t true. So many people love you and are happy to know you. Trust me.”
“It’s a sickness. I swear that for the last two years I’ve been thinking that everyone hates me of if one little thing goes wrong and I think everyone is mad at me and then I get mad. I feel rejected even though I’m not and I feel like I’m never going to get what I want. And by that I mean guys,” She told him.
“Well it doesn’t matter what people think and size doesn’t matter either. Why do I feel like I’ve said this before?”
“Because you said it on a xanga entry. You did a long ass entry about us girls and how we are beautiful no matter what anyone says and whether we are a size 3 or 13, we are beautiful. You got like a hundred comments for that one. I was one of them. I remember because you commented me back and said thanks.” She said and she laughed.
“Well I’m sorry it was short. I didn’t have much time and I had so many other people to talk back to.”
“Oh, it’s cool. I was happy that you said anything back at all. I didn’t think you would actually.”
“Well I couldn’t get to everyone. I don’t have that much time. You can see that.”
“Yeah it’s a busy lifestyle. Go figure. Wow, I’m just thinking about how much my life is going to change. I am going to have my voice on an album with you. I am actually going to be singing with you. It’s just now starting to sink in.”
“Well I’m glad you’re excited. This is really going to be fun. I am just as excited as you are. I can’t wait until I get to work with you. I am happy because I am making you happy. I can see it in your eyes,” He told her. “And in your smile,” He added.
“I can’t help but be happy. My whole world revolved around this band. Now I am this band. I’m not sure what to think and being unsure is putting me in a state of happiness that I haven’t been in for a very long time.”
“This is the perfect time for a hug, but I can’t get up.”
“Then I’ll come to you,” She said. She got up and hugged him. “You were right. That was the perfect time.”
That made him smile.
“Did we already cross into Ohio?” She asked.
“Yeah, we did a while ago. I forgot to tell you,” He said.
“Oh, well I’m going to see if anyone is still awake. But our exit is 36. Not sure if it’s that time yet, but just a little heads up.”
“Thanks,” He said. “That helps.”