Roof-Top Romance

BED TIME IN THE RUSHING HOUSE

When they got back to her house, Nick told everyone that he had to leave.
“Well I have to go. But I’ll see you at the party tomorrow.”
“Okay. Wait, I thought you weren’t going,” Elena said.
“Surprise…” He said.
“Well that’s cool,” She said to him. She gave him a hug and he left.
“Do you want me to stay or go?” Caitlin asked.
“You can stay if you want,” She told her. She turned to Ray and said, “Well Ray, I’ll get you sheets and a pillow for the couch since you claimed it.”
“Okay,” He said back.
She grabbed him a fluffy one, a sheet, and one blanket. “Is anyone else sleeping down here?” Elena asked them all.
“I’ll sleep in the chair,” Lauren said.
“And I’ll sleep in the other one,” Caitlin said.
“Okay. Well there’s still a one person bed, a two person bed, an air mattress, and loads of floor. Who wants what?” She asked.
“I’ll do the one person bed,” Bob said.
“Can I have the air mattress?” Mikey asked.
“Yeah that’s fine,” She told him.
“Hmm…bed or floor. I could sleep on the floor,” Frank said.
“Do you want to?” She asked him.
“Sure why not. I’ll sleep down here on the floor,” Frank said.
Lauren smiled really big. Elena went upstairs and grabbed a sleeping bag and a pillow for Frank.
“It’s just you kid. Where do you want?” Elena asked Gerard.
“Well, if you want your bed, then I can sleep on the bus,” Gerard said.
“No, don’t do that. There’s no need for it. Take my bed,” She told him.
She went upstairs and changed all of her sheets and pillowcases. “There, it’s extra clean for you.”
“Thanks,” He said. He sat down on her bed. “Holy crap this is soft.”
“Yeah, I love my bed,” She told him.
“I like it,” He said.
“Sorry my room is a mess. It’s kind of small. But I have so much stuff,” She said.
“It’s okay. You’re not being judged for it. I’m just sleeping here,” He told her.
She laughed. “I have so many stuffed animals,” She said. “I love them.”
“I can see that,” He said.
“I’ve always had a thing for them. They make me happy,” She said.
“Yeah…” He said. He looked around her room. “You have a lot of pictures of people.”
Elena looked over at her wall. “Yeah, I cut them out of magazines that I get. It’s something I like to do. You’re up there too.” She pointed out three pictures of just him and two of everyone.
“Cool,” He said.
“You think it’s cool?” She asked kind of surprised. “Doesn’t that freak you out?”
“Not really, no. Not with you at least. I pretty much know you now and I know what you think of me. I figured you’d have some pictures of me. But it’s cool. It’s not weird.”
“Okay then,” she said and she looked around her room. She looked at her closet and saw her dress in it. “Do you want to see the dress I wore for homecoming?”
“Sure! You said it was Helena theme?”
“Yeah, hang on.” She grabbed it and went to the bathroom to change. She went back in her room and showed him the dress.
“Wow, I really like that. It looks really good on you.”
“Thanks.”
“It’s not the exact same thing as hers, but I can definitely see where the idea is and I really do like it. You should wear it on tour and dance for Helena. You said you did something with the dance for homecoming right?”
“Yeah, but they didn’t play the song so I couldn’t do it.”
“Well do what it is that you had for then now.”
“Right now?”
“If you want to,” He said.
“Okay, but you have to sing it.”
“Okay. Can you hear me…are you near me…” As he was singing, she was doing the dance from the Helena video as best as she could. “We’ll meet again when both our cars collide…Wow that was almost exactly her dance! You had like every move down. Did you study the video or what?”
“It was really important to me to know how to do it,” She told him.
“Well you know it very well. You really should do that at the concerts,” He told her.
“This is great, I’m going to dye my hair black if you let me cause when we start this stuff, I pretty much do what you tell me. It’s like you are my boss,” She told him.
“No, I won’t be your boss. It’s free spirit. Do what you want. I won’t force you or tell you that you can’t do anything.”
“Well I will still turn to you for guidance.”
“That’s okay. I’ll help you with anything that I can.”
“Thanks,” She said. “Well I’m sure you’re tired so I’ll let you go to sleep. Thank you for everything tonight.” She gave him a hug before she left him. She handed him the remote for her T.V. and she told him goodnight.
She went downstairs and asked Mikey where he wanted the mattress. She told him that it fit better upstairs. So he agreed and she blew it up. She put him in the same room as Bob. She put sheets on it, a blanket, and threw a pillow on. She gave Bob the remote and said, “Boys, decide on something you both like. Light on or off?”
“Off,” They both said.
She gave both of them hugs good night and shut of their light. She went back to her room and said, “I think I want to change out of the dress.”
Gerard laughed at her. She grabbed pajamas and told him good night once again. She changed in the bathroom and went back downstairs. “Is everyone good down here?” She asked.
“Yeah, it’s cool,” Ray said.
“Here’s the remote. Someone decide on what to watch.”
Frank grabbed the remote and flipped through the channels. They found something eventually. Elena went online and checked her mail, updated her xanga and put what happened and what’s going to happen on it. Then she talked to people on AIM. She told most people what was up. She commented on almost all of her friends’ xangas. Elena tried to go to sleep. She only got about three hours.