Roof-Top Romance

"THIS COUCH WANTS ME"

He was pulling the bus over when they all got up there.
"Do both of you have to go home right away? Maybe we can watch a movie or something," Elena said.
"I can't. I have to go home," Caitlin said.
"Oh. Well what about you Nick?" She asked.
"It doesn't matter to me. Chris, what time do you have to go home?" Nick asked him.
"I just have to be home by 11," Chris told him.
"Well I'll call my mom and have her come and get us at 11," Nick told them.
Everyone went in the house. When they got inside, Elena gave nick the phone and then pulled Gerard to the kitchen.
"Are you mad at me?" She asked him.
"No, why would I be?" He asked back.
"Maybe because I had a bunch of people in your personal space. People you barely know and it was really rude of me to ask you if he could play on Bob's drums."
"It's okay. You weren't trying to be that way. I totally understand."
"I'm really sorry. I'm just really excited for what is to come and I wanted to share it with people. I feel so bad. I really am sorry," She said.
"It's okay. It's not a big deal, really. Nothing got trashed or anything. It's not like you brought them in and had a party. It was a short ride and we checked out some stuff. No biggie," He told her.
"You rock Gee, you are so awesome. Thanks so much for understanding."

"She said it's cool," Nick told them as he walked into the kitchen.
"Well that's cool. Do you guys want to watch the movie in my room or down here or what?" Elena asked them.
"Probably down here. There's more room. Your room is a bit on the small side," Gerard said.
"Good point. Okay come and pick something out," She told them.
Everyone went up to her room and looked at her movie collection. Chris saw that she had a playstation 2.
"Hey, instead of watching a movie, do you guys want to play video games?" Chris asked.
"That sounds fun," Ray said.
Elena checked with everyone to see if it was cool that they all played video games rather than watching a movie. Everyone seemed fine with it so she un-hooked it and grabbed her games.
They all went back downstairs and she re-hooked it to the T.V. Chris chose the game. It was Tony Hawk Underground 2. Chris and Ray played it first. Then Chris and Mikey played. Then Nick and Mikey played. Then Nick and Gerard. Then frank and Gerard. Then Elena and Frank. Then Elena and Bob. Then Bob and Ray and it all started over again.
Time flew by really fast. 11:00 came sooner than hoped.
"Well I had a really good time with you guys. I am so happy you came. I will miss you very much. But I will see you soon," She told them. She gave both of them really good hugs. Not those crappy quick ones. They were the long, tight hugs. The real emotional ones. But at the same time, they gave her the exact same hug. She could tell in the way they held her that they were going to miss her as much or maybe even more than she would miss them.
"Wait! I don't have a picture with Chris!" Elena called out. She found her camera and handed it to Gerard. "Will you take a picture of us please?"
"Sure." He told her.
She grabbed Chris and pulled him next to her. Then she grabbed Nick and pulled him next to her along with Chris. Nick was laughing.
"Thanks again for coming. I love you guys and I will call you, I promise."
She closed the door and locked it. She stood for a moment, thinking. She heard the sound of the car pulling away and it made her realize that this was the last time she will see them for a long time. She got the sadness away by thinking about the time she would be spending with Gerard. That made her feel better.
"I know this is going to be hard for you. You’re so young and you are leaving all of your friends in such short notice," Gerard told her. "You know you don't have to do this, right?"
"I know I don't have to. But I really want this more than anything," She told him.
"Well okay then. Don't be so down. Think of all the things you will gain. Not so much what you will lose. I don't want to see you sad." He told her.
"Thanks. You always say crap that makes me feel better. Gosh kid.."
"Well not exactly all the time.. But I just know what to say for right now."
"So what do you want to do? I'm sure you're tired."
"Yeah I am a bit. I'm probably just gonna go to bed."
"Yeah that's a good idea. I'll see how everyone else is doing," She told him. As she was walking away, he grabbed her arm and said, "Don't forget what I said okay? Just be happy."
"So what's the plan guys?" She asked as she walked into the living room. "Are you going to sleep or are you staying up, or what?"
"Well I'm really tired. I may just go to bed," Mikey told her.
"I am too. Today was busy and we all didn't sleep much," Frank said.
"Well Ray, Bob... What are your thoughts?" She asked them.
"This couch wants me," Ray said.
"If everyone else is going to crash, then I will too."
"Alrighty then. Well I'll sleep down here in the chair since Caitlin is gone."
Gerard, Mikey, Bob and Elena went upstairs. She gave Mikey and Bob hugs and told them goodnight. She went in her room and got something to sleep in. She told Gerard goodnight and hugged him too. She sat on her bed with him for a second.
"You know, I wonder if our lives would be the same if I never would have met you."
"Well for one, I probably wouldn't be sitting here right now. But I know what you mean. Things probably would have continued on as they were before. We would be getting ready to tour and you would be happy because your birthday party was today and you have a friend who looks like me."
"He is so crazy. He doesn't see a resemblance. Perhaps he is in denial."
*laughs*
"Yeah, we could totally pass as father and son."
"Yeah that's crazy... I could be your daughter.
"Well if you were my daughter, that means I would have been a busy little 13 year old," He said.
She laughed. "That was funny," She said. "This is so cool how we have so much to talk about and yet there are so many things I would still like to know. I'm just curious like that."
"I understand. But when I talk to you, I don't feel important. Wait... that sounds bad. I mean, I don't feel famous. That's much better," He said.
"Nice save," She told him.
"You know what I mean, I'm sure..." He said to her.
"Yes I know what you mean. But why?" She asked.
"Well when we talk, it's like we're friends and we've known each other forever."
"I guess I just have that effect on people. I'm just good like that."
"I really like that about you. You’re not judgmental. I know you know things about me that are bad and yet we're still close."
"Well what happened then can stay there. I trust that you won't make the same mistake twice. But that doesn't mean you can't drink sometimes. As long as you're not excessive, it's all good."
"Well I have a lot of people supporting me and I wouldn't let them down. And I'm doing it for myself. This is something very important to me. It's like a self goal."
"I understand completely. I am one of your supporters. And there's a bunch on xanga too. There’s a blog ring that say, "I support Gerard Way" and it shows a bottle with an "X" over it."
"Wow, I didn't even see that."
"Well it's fairly new."
"I see. Well you should go to bed. I'm sure you're tired. I know I am."
"Thanks so much for talking to me."
"Anytime."
She gave him a hug and went back downstairs. She went to the bathroom and changed into her pajamas. Ray was asleep. Frank was just laying there with his eyes open.
"Goodnight Frank. I'd give you a hug, but you're already layed down," She told him.
He sat up and opened his arms. She smiled and walked over to hug him. As she was walking, she tripped but she didn't fall. She gave him a hug and started laughing. She almost fell in his arms.
She went over to her chair and crawled underneath the blankets. She was asleep faster than ever. She was more tired than she realized.