Roof-Top Romance

THE PHONE CALL

My phone started to ring again. This time it was Bennie. “Should I tell him where I am?” I asked Gerard.
“It’s up to you really..."
“Hey Bennie,” I said in to the phone.
“Elena, hey where are you at?” He asked.
“I’m on the highway with some people, what’s up?"
“Nothing much really, you just kind of skipped out on school yesterday and today and I didn’t know where you were.”
“Oh, well yeah I’m in like Louisiana. We’re like a state away from Texas.”
“Oh yeah? What are you doing all the way out there? Are you with the fam or something?.”
“Not exactly... but it's a long story. I'll have to talk to you about it later though okay?”
“Ight. Just call me back though okay? And don't forget this time...”
"I won't. I've just been really busy. I'm sorry. I totally would have called you sooner. I'll call you tonight or tomorrow or something. Just as soon as I can okay? Love you bro."
"Love you too sis. Later."

“It was Bennie. I didn’t want to tell him I was with you guys.” I told them.
“Well why not?” Frank asked.
“Bennie is way too protective because of something that happened with this chick he liked and if he knew I was with a bunch of guys, then he would get mad. Even if it is just you guys.”
“Oh,” Frank said. “Is he your boyfriend or something?”
“No, I’ve known him forever. He’s like my older brother.” I said. “Yeah, I’m single and hate every minute of it.”
“Why would you hate it? Being single is the best. You can flirt with everyone and you’re not tied down.”
“I’m not like that. I want to have someone good. Someone who treats me well and loves me for me. Someone like you Gerard.”
Gerard looked kind of shocked.
“Someone like me?” He asked. He seemed kinda sketchy about the subject.
“Yes, someone like you. You're so nice and caring. You've already warmed up to me pretty well. Any woman would be lucky to have you. But she'd have to be really nice and caring too. I don't know how many women would put up with those stinkin' ass feet of yours dude. My God... I got a mouthful of that stuff when we came up here last night."

The shocked expression stayed on his face. At first he looked like he was angry at me, but he smiled with devilish eyes. Mikey busted out laughing. It was kind of uncontrollable.
"Yeah? You like that smell then? I put my shoes under your pillow last night while you were asleep."
I gasped. "That is so nasty."
"Guess you aren't that nice, loving and accepting girl then are you?"
"Dude I never claimed to be your perfect girl. I just said I'd like to find a guy like you. Preferably without that horrid foot odor."
"You're such a jerk, you know that? I thought you'd be super nice because your dreams are coming true."
"Okay, you got me on that one. Yeah this is pretty much a dream come true for me. But if you think I'm just gonna sit back and not poke any fun at you, then you are sadly mistaken dearie. I plan on having a kick ass time and if that means pokin' some fun, well then so be it."
"Gotcha. Well just keep in mind that all of us are just the same. You really think we are nice to each other all the time? Hell no. We spend all day every day with each other. We know each other better than our parents know us. We have a good time too."

"Fine by me. Let the games begin." I looked over at him and smiled.
“Hey guys, if her parents approve, she is going on tour with us. Isn't that sweet? She will be a temp for My Chemical Romance.”
“I pretty much have the Three Cheers album down. I can sing the drum parts for fucks sake.”
“Well good, this will be really cool.” Frank said.

I smiled. How could I not be happy in a time like this? This was another miracle in the making. Me, a part of My Chemical Romance. I almost didn't believe the words as they came out of my mouth.
“Sorry to interrupt the fun, but New Orleans is just ten miles away.” Ray said. All of us were super excited.
“Wait, don’t you guys need some kind of security people? Like, isn't it kind of a rule that basically everybody who is anybody has to have some big ass dudes ready to push anyone out of the way?" I asked.
“No it’s okay, we’ve never toured here before and the people probably won’t recognize us. Most of them listen to country or classical music.” Gerard said.
"Seriously? I doubt it... I'm sure there are plenty of emo kids that listen to your crappy voice."
"Hmm.. you're right. Maybe they should listen to your crappy voice instead."
"Jerk."
"You started it."
“Fine. Well if you guys get mobbed, I'll run. Well, or else I'll just start random fights because I'm sweet like that." I said.
"Oh yeah. Real cool Elena. You're just the tip of the iceberg, aren't you?" Frank chimed in.
"No dude. I'm totally the base of the iceberg. It's below the water. It's like 20 degrees colder down there. That would make me cool as ICE."
“Maybe they will be cool to us and not throw bricks.” Ray said.
“Yeah, that would be nice.” Frank said.
“Well not to be a dick or anything, but I'm kind of glad it happened. I mean really if it wasn't for that incident, I kind of wouldn't be with you guys right now.” I said.
“Good point,” Mikey said.
“Well not to be weird, but I'm thinkin' you are the only good thing that came out of this.” Gerard said.
"The only reason you are saying that is because you're still alive. You may not be breathing by the end of the night and I don't think that would constitute me as being a good thing."
"Yeah. You would probably kidnap my dead body and keep me in your bedroom or something."
"I'd get a specially made coffin with just enough room for the two of us."
"That's so morbid. And yet, so caring," Mikey added.
“That's... that's real nice Elena.” Gerard said.
“Okay, it’s making me sick. Cut the lovey dovey crap.”
“Aww, Ray are you sad because no one is plotting an attack against you and telling you they have the perfect place to stash your body?" I asked.
“No, you guys are just weird.”
I got up and gave him a nice hug.
“There you go Ray. Now you can be next. You've been infected."

I walked away from him and sat back at my squishy chair next to the table. The box of donuts was still wide open and the one that bounced off Ray's face was still sitting on the floor. No one had bothered to pick it up. I figured I would anyway. I leaned over and got it. There was a big powdered mess on the floor. I figured I'd leave that for 'em at least. I can't be too nice, you know.
But I figured I would take one of the donuts that wasn't on the ground. I was getting pretty hungry actually. Generally I don't like donuts because they are just too sweet. But today I was just feeling a lemon filled one. But there weren't any with the lemon filling. I decided glazed was just fine. And oh was it fine. It was still kind of warm. The glaze wasn't real hard. It just had a smooth texture and it seemed to melt in my mouth.
They were all staring at me. I swear it seemed like they'd never seen anyone eat before. "What the hell are you staring at? I'm freaking hungry. There's a whole box of them here... have one then," I told them. I knew they weren't staring at me to be rude. I think they were just shocked that I took it upon myself to eat their food. What was I supposed to do? Sit there like a dog and wait for someone to feed me? Of course not!

“Okay lets go downstairs cause this is kind of boring.” Frank told us.
We all got up and went to the lower level of the bus. I was hoping we could go down there and play some Donkey Konga. I'm so boss at that game. I know Bob's pretty good. He's pretty good at just about anything really. But Nintendo games are just great and it incorporates rhythm too. I just love it.