My Biggest Mistake

Chapter 6

I couldn’t sleep last night. I really couldn’t believe that I was actually giving Joe a chance. What had gotten into me? It must have been the heat of the situation. Yeah, that had to be it. But part of me knew what it was… I want a boyfriend. I don’t want to be lonely anymore. I know I’m nineteen years old, but sometimes I act like I’m sixteen. I haven’t been in a relationship for awhile and here’s a nice guy with good looks and a cute sense of humor; why wouldn’t I want him?
I sighed and leaned back in my chair, no longer listening to what my uncle was saying. Today is Friday, meaning Nick’s party is tonight. Liv was coming with me so she could see Kevin again. They really hit it off at lunch that one day. I’ve seen her excited about a boy before, but never this excited. I think she actually genuinely likes him.
Before I knew it, people started leaving the meeting. I stood up, grabbed my papers, and headed out the door so I could just go home and relax.
“Cheeeeeyenne!” someone yelled the second I left the room, causing me to jump and drop my papers. I turned around to see Rachel standing there, grinning at me.
“God, Rachel. Don’t do that!” I yelled, placing my hand on my heart. “You scared me.”
“Sorry,” she laughed.
“Wait… what are you doing here?” I asked as we picked up my papers that were spread around the hallway. I wasn’t expecting her to be here… she goes to college in New Jersey about two hours away. Rachel is only a year younger than I am. We’ve always been really close since we were the oldest and the only girls, we have four little brothers.
“I came to visit for the weekend. I missed my big sis.”
I rolled my eyes, “Meaning you want to go shopping in the city with me.”
“Maybe,” she smiled and handed me my papers.
I laughed, “We’ll go this afternoon. I have to find something to wear for a party, anyway.”
“A party?” she asked curiously. “Whose party? A guy’s? Tell me!”
“Chill, Rach, jeez. And yes, if you must know, it’s a guy’s party.”
“Ohhh,” she cooed. “Whose party is it? Someone famous? Can I go?”
“No, you can’t go. There is no way I’m taking you to Nick Jonas’s sweet 16.”
She laughed, “You’re going to a sweet 16?”
“Yes,” I answered. “With his brother.”
“No way!” she yelled. “Joe Jonas?!”
I tried not to smile, “Yeah. It’s not really a big deal. I guess he’s pretty cool.”
“Pretty cool?” she repeated. “Are you kidding me? Joe Jonas is huge! I’m so jealous!”
I chuckled, knowing she’d react this way. Let’s just say she’s in love with Joe. She hates their music, hates Nick and Kevin, yet she’s obsessed with Joe. Why? I don’t know.
“Please take me,” she begged.
“Rachel, I’m sorry, I’d love to take you but I can’t. I’m lucky that I’m allowed to go.”
She pouted. “Fine, but at least take a picture or something for me!”
“I will,” I promised.
“So,” she began. “I am allowed to know the details?” By now we were already in my car, driving through the busy streets of New York.
“Want to just go shopping now?” I asked when I realized we were passing all my favorite stores.
“If you promise to tell me everything,” she answered.
“There really isn’t much to tell.”
“I don’t care,” she said.
“Fine.”
--
We stopped in Ann Taylor first. I already knew that I was going to go dressy-casual. I already know I’m going to wear my favorite pair of jeans, but I needed a top.
I browsed through the racks trying to find something perfect. Rachel suggested something green to bring out my eyes and red hair.
“So, do I get the details now?” she asked impatiently.
“Well, they came on our show. They were really nice. Olivia likes Kevin so she asked me to try and get them to go out to lunch with them, so I did. We talked and he asked me to go to Nick’s birthday party with him so I said yes.”
“That’s all I’m going to get, isn’t it?” she asked.
“Yep,” I told her, with a smug smiley on my face.
She rolled her eyes and pulled out a green suede blouse. “What about this?” she asked.
“That’s cute,” I said as she handed it to me. I held it up in the mirror. “Should I get it?”
She nodded. “It will look really good on you.”
“I think I’m going to get it. I really like it, good job, Rachel.”
She laughed, “You’re welcome.”
After I got my shirt, we went to Chanel so Rachel could get a new purse.
“So, Rachel, what’s new with you? How’s college?”
She grinned, “It’s good. Tons of fun, it’s a lot of work, though. That part’s annoying.”
I laughed, “I know, try dealing with school and hosting your own talk show.”
“Yeah, but your taking it online, you can go to school whenever you want.”
“Whatever,” I said. “So… how’s Chris?” Chris is her beloved boyfriend. They’ve known each other since kindergarden, but they’ve been going out for two years now. I’ve always secretly been jealous of their relationship. My longest relationship barely lasted a year. And Chris was her first boyfriend.
“He’s great. He visited me the other day, he loves his school. We’re going to try and meet up again next weekend.”
“Aw, that’s great,” I told her.
“Yeah, I miss him, though.”
“I’m sure you do.”
I looked at the clock; we had already been shopping for three hours. We needed to hurry so I could get ready for the party.
“Rachel, we gotta hurry. I need to get ready before Liv comes and then we need to get to the party.”
“Alright, alright, I’m done.”
We hurried home so I could go get ready and look good for Joe. This should be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, I'm really really really sorry. I'm a terrible updater, I know, but I'm trying really hard to find enough time so I can get the updates out sooner! Hopefully I'll get another chapter out this week.

Comments??? :D