Tales That Must Be Re-told

28

Before Adelaide knew it, she was on tour again. Despite still having her cast on her arm, she was having a lot of fun. Things with her and Jack couldn’t have been better, and there was some additional estrogen in their group since Hannah, with whom Adelaide was getting along marvellously, had came on the tour as well.

About a week into the tour, Adelaide woke up with a huge smile on her face. She walked into the bunk area to find Zack sitting in the middle of the floor doing sit-ups, and Jack lazing on the couch.

“What the hell are you so happy about?” asked Zack, raising an eyebrow.

“The fact that she has the most amazing boyfriend in the world,” answered Jack.

Adelaide laughed, sitting next to him. “Well, that too. But I get my cast removed today.”

“We should go out for dinner tomorrow to celebrate!” said Jack. Zack’s head perked up at the mention of food.

“Sorry, brah, but I kind of meant as a date,” Jack smiled.

Zack sniffed. “Whatever, I see how it is.” He stood up. “I’m going to go find Rian and get some true love.”

Jack and Adelaide watched as Zack followed through with his threat and stalked away. Jack kissed her softly.

“You were serious about dinner, then?”

Jack nodded. “Of course I was.”

“When do you want to go?” asked Adelaide. “Rather, when can we go?”

“We have a day off tomorrow, don’t we?” asked Jack. “We can go then.”

Adelaide nodded. “Do you have any ideas where?”

“Mhm.”

Adelaide looked up at Jack expectantly, who smirked. Adelaide scowled. “Do not do this to me, Barakat. I’m warning you.”

“It’s a surpriiiiise!” he sang.

She groaned and moved to the opposite end of the couch. “Hey, come back!” exclaimed Jack.

Adelaide stubbornly shook her head. “Not until you tell me where we’re going.”

Jack shrugged. “Fine, I guess I’ll just have to go to Zack and Rian for some lovin’.”

Adelaide watched incredulously as Jack walked to the back of the bus as well.

“I don’t fucking believe this,” she said as Alex came into the kitchen.

“Believe what?” he asked, ripping apart a Pop-Tart package.

She frowned. “I’ve been ditched by half of your band.”

Alex laughed and took a seat next to his sister. “Why’s that?” he asked, shoving half a Pop-Tart into his mouth.

Adelaide wrinkled her nose in disgust. “Jack asked me out on a date so Zack left, then Jack wouldn’t tell me where we’re going so I moved over here, then he left.”

He laughed. “Suhks oo be yawh.”

“Alexander, chew your damn food!”

He swallowed. “Yes, mommy. Speaking of which, I should give her a call…”

Adelaide rolled her eyes as Alex stood up and left the area as well, pulling his phone from his pocket. She grabbed the TV remote, and after a while of channel surfing, settled on Liza With a ‘Z’.

A short while later, Jack walked back into the room. Once his eyes fell upon the TV, he raised an eyebrow and sat beside Adelaide.

“Adds, why does it look like that lady ran into a wall?”

A gasp escaped the girl’s lips as she turned her head to look at Jack incredulously.

“I know you didn’t just say that about Liza Minnelli!”

A blank expression formed on his face. “Do you seriously not know who that is?” asked Adelaide.

He shook his head. “Look at her, you don’t really have to wonder why,” said Jack. “She’s weird!”

Her eyes widened. “She’s perfect, everyone knows who Liza Minnelli is! You must have grew up under a rock.”

“Nah, just Lebanon.” Jack grinned. “Let’s make a bet, then.”

“It’s on,” said Adelaide and stood up. She ventured into the bunk area and poked her head into each curtain until she found her first person, who happened to be Rian.

“Rian, do you like Liza Minnelli?” she asked after Rian had looked up and tore his earphones from his ears.

“She’s got a good voice?” offered Rian with a bewildered expression.

Adelaide grinned. “Thank you!” she said and proceeded to the back lounge, where Matt and Zack were located.

A short while later, Adelaide had asked every person aboard the All Time Low what their views of Liza Minnelli were, and with the exception of Jack, only Greico was against Adelaide.

“Well, looks like I won,” said Adelaide triumphantly as she plopped down on the couch next to Jack, where he huffed and crossed his arms.

He sighed. “I guess you win.”

She hesitated. “Wait, what exactly do I win?”

A smirk crawled onto Jack’s face. “Guess you’ll find out tomorrow!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, when I previewed this I realized how much of a filler it was, and how short it is, but I had to end it here because the next chapter is where stuff happens.

Also, thank you guys for being so patient with me. I know I don't update this story enough, but I'm only planning two more chapters and then it'll be finished. Then you'll be stuck with my other stuff! ;]

I hate this story. A lot, actually. Tell me what you think?