Tales That Must Be Re-told

32

On the morning of the wedding, the Gaskarth household was a hectic one. Hannah, Adrianne and Marie were all scurrying around trying to get ready, and of course, also trying to help Adelaide. With a few minor glitches, the four of them were finally back from getting their hair and make-up done, and all that was left was for them to get dressed. While Adelaide was pacing up and down the kitchen, the remaining three women were getting dressed. Eventually, Adrianne came into the kitchen and put a hand on her daughter’s shoulder.

“You okay, sweetie?”

Adelaide nodded.

“Adelaide, honey, try not to be nervous,” said Adrianne with a smile. “I know it’s natural and all, but everything’s going to go smoothly. There’s nothing to worry about.”

Adelaide sighed. “You know how I am, mom,” she said with a faint smile. “I worry about everything.”

“Come on, let’s get you dressed.”

It took all three of them to get Adelaide into her [url=http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00uCAaUWOdlDcZM/New-Bridal-Wedding-Dress-5551.jpg
/]dress[/url]. She stared at herself in the full-length mirror located in Alex’s room, not quite sure what to think.

“Jack’s going to fall over,” said Hannah with a huge smile across her face.

“Pass out, more like,” corrected Marie. At this, Adelaide smiled nervously. There was a knock on the door.

“Come in,” called Hannah and the door opened to reveal Alex, dressed in his tuxedo.

“What are you doing in here?!” asked Marie. “You’re supposed to be with the guys at my house!”

“I couldn’t not come see my baby sister on her big day,” he said and smiled. Within a couple minutes, everyone else had left, leaving Adelaide and Alex alone. She sat down on his bed.

“How’s Jack?” she asked.

“A nervous wreck, actually,” said Alex.

Adelaide raised her eyebrows. “Is he?”

Nodding, Alex asked, “So how are you holding up?”

She shrugged. “I’m managing.”

“Do you need me to get you anything?”

“Well, I do have cold feet…”

Alex’s head whipped towards her, eyes wide. “What?! No, you can’t! Addy, it’s natural to have doubts and everything, but seriously, you and Jack are perfect for each -”

Adelaide burst out laughing. “Sorry, I should have been clearer,” she said, giggling. “I meant literally, my feet are freezing. Could I borrow a pair of socks, please?”

Alex, looking relieved, said, “Sure,” and walked over to his dresser, opening the top drawer and tossed over a pair of large socks.

“Well, I should probably get back over to Jack’s place,” said Alex. Adelaide stood up, and they hugged.

“You look beautiful, Addy,” said Alex, smiled, and opened the door. “See you later.”

The next hour or so was spent with everyone in the house running around, making last-minute arrangements and also making sure the flower girl and ring bearer were ready. At exactly 1:45, a sleek black limousine pulled in front of the house.

“Ready?” asked Hannah as they helped Adelaide into her shoes.

Adelaide sighed. “I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.”

---------- x ----------

As Adelaide walked into the church alongside her father, the wedding march began and, of course, all eyes were on her. They reached the beginning of the aisle and Adelaide caught Jack’s eye - his jaw dropped, causing her to smile.

During the ceremony, Jack and Adelaide couldn’t take their eyes off each other. Jack had his usual goofy grin on his face, while Adelaide bore a slightly nervous smile. Finally, the minister said the famous words.

“Jack Bassam Barakat, do you take Adelaide Jane Gaskarth to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

“I do.”

“Adelaide Jane Gaskarth, do you take Jack Bassam Barakat to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

Without hesitation, Adelaide replied, “I do.”

“I now pronounce you husband and wife - you may now kiss the bride.”

---------- x ----------

The reception went smoothly. There were lots of congratulations, gifts, and, of course, drinking. It was going on one in the morning, and everyone was finally starting to leave.

“We did it,” Jack said to Adelaide, smiling. The two decided they’d needed a break from all the people and took a walk along a path outside the reception hall. They were sitting in a gazebo, covered in star lights, where pictures had been taken earlier that day.

“We did,” smiled Adelaide. Jack pressed his lips onto hers.

Someone’s footsteps could be heard approaching. Adelaide turned to see Alex entering the gazebo. He smiled.

“Everyone’s going nuts, you two just left out of nowhere.”

“Sorry,” said Adelaide. “We were a little overwhelmed.”

“Understandable. Mom wants you guys to come back so you can say goodbyes and crap, though.”

Sighing, the newlyweds stood up and followed Alex back to the reception hall. After saying goodbye to everyone, Alex walked them to their limo, which would take them to a hotel for the night, since their honeymoon didn’t start until two days later.

“So, you realize now that we’re technically brothers, I’ll beat the shit out of you if I hear anything bad, right?” smirked Alex.

Adelaide laughed. “I’m sure you have nothing to worry about, Alex.”

He hugged her. “Congrats again, Addy.”

Alex turned to Jack and they did one of those man-hug pound fist things. Adelaide stepped into the limousine, Jack following.

Alex winked. “Have fun, kids. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.” He shut the door.

It’s not extremely difficult to predict what happened with Jack and Adelaide in the hotel room, but what was interesting was that as Adelaide snuggled herself into Jack’s bare chest and fell asleep, that night was the first in months that she didn’t dream of any men chasing after her baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
11 months, 723 readers, 122 subscribers, 201 comments and 32 chapters later, this story is done. Finished.
I'd like to thank each and every person who read this, because, trust me - if it weren't for you, I probably would have never finished this story.
As for the ending, I'd like to apologize. This story definitely let me down, and the only person I have to blame for that is myself.
Now, I guess all I can ask of you is to let me know what you thought of the story, check out my other stuff, and keep an eye out for new stories - it'll all be a hell of a lot better than this piece of crap.
Thanks. (: Oh and if this had any errors, my apologies - I'm so sick of this story I didn't even check this chapter for mistakes.