"You're Going out With a Bang, Toots."

18.

Image

"No fucking shit, Doc." He stared at me in shock.

"I'm doctor Edward Phillipe, and I have been the doctor looking after you since you were first brought here two months ago." He held out his hand, and I ignored it.

"What happened?"

"You were brought here two months ago, unconscious. You had swallowed a lot of water; as if someone had been trying to drown you. You were also knocked unconscious from a blow to your head. It looks like the culprit decided that he felt guilty and brought you here after giving you CPR. You have been in a coma for two months," he explained.

"That mother fucker!" I muttered under my breath. "When can I leave?"

"We'd like to do a psychiatric evaluation, and we'd like to keep your here to observe for the night. Tomorrow, you will be allowed to leave," I narrowed my eyes.

"Well, start the evaluation, Doc. I want to be out of here as soon as possible," He nodded and sat down in the chair beside me, flipping papers on his clipboard until he came to one and pulled out a pen.

"Your name?"

"Serenity Michelle Daniels,"

"How old are you, Miss Daniels?"

"Twenty-seven,"

"Whens your birthday?"

"December third,"

"Where do you live?"

"Apartment six A on Main," he gulped.

"Alright. Do you remember what happened to you before you were brought here?"

"Yeah," he paused, waiting for me to continue.

"And what happened, Miss Daniels?"

"The Joker threw me into the tub, and tried to drown me. He was quite unsuccessful, as you can see. And please, call me Serenity," I rolled my eyes at my sarcasm. He noted everything I had said.

"Alright. Thank you Miss Daniels. I'll be right back," he got up and left the room, leaving me staring at my arms, and all of the tubes, before a familiar face walked into the room.

"Commissioner Gordon!" I breathed when I looked up and saw him. He walked over and wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug. "I thought he killed you," I whispered. The Commissioner was a lot like my father.

"Don't worry Serenity. I'm still right here," he took a seat in the chair beside my bed, where the doctor once sat. "But, I do have some bad news for you," he looked straight at me, and I could tell it wasn't good.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like this. I know my plot now, and I think this story will be longer then I had originally planned.

Thanks for reading. :)

BTW: Melanie, from the last chapter, is actually based on a friend of mine. je ne sais pas is her Mibba, and she is actually the person who made me the banner at the top of the page.
:)