"You're Going out With a Bang, Toots."

19.

"After The Joker abducted you, we sent out every SWAT team we had in the region. But he's much too sneaky for us. Two days after you were abducted, he burnt your apartment down," I gasped. "When we finally found where he was keeping you, he injured almost every one who tried to get into the warehouse, and the day after he brought you here, he burnt it down, just like your apartment," he explained.

"What the fuck happened to all my stuff!" I yelled, furious. Why the fuck would he burn all my shit?

"It was burnt in both fires, Serenity. You do still have a lot of money, and you can buy yourself new things along with an apartment. Bruce and I both plan on helping you," I laughed. "This is no laughing matter, Serenity. When he finds out you're awake, he's going to go on a killing spree. It's been two months since he killed someone. Both I and the city of Gotham want that to continue as long as possible."

"Fuck you," I spat. "I want him to know. Bruce doesn't give a flying fuck about me, or else he would have come to fucking save me. You and I both know he could have. I'm not dumb and neither is he. I went through all this shit; and NOW he plans on helping me? I could care less about him for fucks sake. Get out," The Commissioner nodded and got up, slowly walking out of the room with a sad look on his face.

I layed my head on my pillow and shut my eyes before I could let the guilt was over me, and I quickly fell asleep.

"Miss?" pause. "Miss..?" pause. "Miss Daniels?" pause. "MISS!" I shot up in the hospital bed and frantically looked around for the culprit. When I came face to face with the nurse, Melanie, I grimaced.

"What do you want?"

"You aren't allowed to sleep un-"

"And why not?!" I snarled.

"B-because you c-could fall back into the c-coma.." she stuttered. I sighed loudly.

"Fine."

"I'll be right back, Miss," she said before scurrying out of the room. I was left with my thoughts, and soon all I felt was guilt for how I had treated Commissioner Gordon. I grimaced and put my head to my knees, trying to forget about how our encounter had went, trying to maneuver my stupid leg cast.

Why did I have feelings?
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys liked it. :) I can't wait to continue writing this story and get to the end; I have a feeling you guys are going to like it.

Thank you to all of my commentors, I love you guys!

:)