Big Bad Joke

Killing time.

Bruce Wayne

"So," I mumbled as I stopped pacing. I had been for three hours straight, my mind just couldn't stop going over everything that happened. It was like an instant reply on a broken record. But seeing as Alfred and Lucius walked out of the bedroom, after seeing Riley I stopped to find out how bad her condition was.

"She'll be fine Bruce," Lucius smiled that mega watt smile as he walked over and clapped his hand on my shoulder, comfortingly. "She's just sleeping now."

"What about her head?" I asked softly as I glanced over at Alfred, he smiled as if he knew something I didn’t. "Any concussion or major blood loss?"

"Master Wayne," Alfred spoke up as he walked over to stand beside Lucius. "She has no concussion; she had a small head wound from the glass but nothing major. She lost a bit of blood but she will be fine."

"She will?" sighing a breath of relief, my shoulders fell slack as my hands ran through my hair. "She worried me so much; I thought she died when I sat her in the tumbler. She just passed out."

"You worry about her to much," Lucius laughed lightly as he sat down beside me, after I fell limp on the sofa. "She's a strong girl; she has survived more than just this."

"It was the Joker, Lucius; he could have killed her if he wanted."

"Exactly, Master Wayne," Alfred said as he stood against the opposite sofa chair. "He didn't want her killed, he let her go."

"Then what does that mean?" I asked quietly as I ran my fingers through my thick mess of hair again, about ready to pull out handfuls at a time. "That he wants her or that he wants to mess with Batman's mind?"

"It's Joker, if you don't mind me saying," Lucius looked at me skeptically. "We don't have a clue what he's doing until he does it. He's insane, unpredictable just like always."

"I'll keep Riley safe, I'll keep this city safe from Joker," I looked down to my hands, clenching them tightly. "He won't hurt anyone anymore."

"That's the Bruce Wayne I know," Lucius laughed steadily as he clapped me on the back a couple of times. "Batman will forever be the hero of this city, we're lucky to have you Bruce."

"Yeah," I looked away from Lucius to the rain splattering against the window. "Real lucky."

Riley Wayne

"Bruce, I will be fine. Alfred is driving me there, he's driving me everywhere. To work and back, to here and back. I can do this myself but your to damn stubborn," I grumbled as I stood at the gold elevators, waiting for the ding to announce my ride to the lobby was here.

"I just worry about your safety with Joker still out there," Bruce sighed as he pulled me into another bone crushing hug, as soon as he let go I took a deep breath and kissed his cheek before slapping his shoulder.

"I'm safe, you're here," I smiled as I stepped into the newly opened elevator doors, I leaned down and pressed the ground floor button before I stood back up, I waved at Bruce before the doors closed. "Stop worrying Uncle Bruce! I'm fine."

I shook my head as I waited for the elevator to open, I needed rest and I needed it soon. Sure I had been sleeping for two days straight but being rested and resting to much were a lot different, extremely different. I was on the verge of passing out two hours ago so you can only imagine how I feel leaned against the elevator wall, Alfred would be taking me to my apartment though, I lived with Bruce on the weekends since he was gone then, I took care of the penthouse but really it was to watch Alfred and make sure he was safe and not overworking himself like he constantly does. I smiled as the doors opened and showed the lobby and its inhabitants, one of the bellhops waved and smiled before I walked out of the lobby to the outside. "Miss Wayne," the paid car door opener announced for me as Alfred pulled up, he opened the door and let me in before he shut it softly.

"Hey Alfred," I called out, causing Alfred to look in the rear view mirror. "Will you watch Bruce and make sure he doesn't go crazy trying to watch me."

"I will Miss Riley," Alfred smiled affectionately before he turned back to the road, I smiled at the agreement and leaned back, welcoming the silence on the short ride home. Silence was nice, nice and welcoming for sleep. "Miss Riley?"

"Huh?" my eyes popped open after what seemed like two seconds of being closed. "Yes Alfred?"

"We're here; would you like me to walk you inside?" Alfred asked as he leaned back and looked over his seat at me.

"Oh there isn't any need for that Alfred, but thank you for asking," I smiled as I leaned up and kissed his cheek and ruffled his hair. "Thanks for being my chauffeur, love you Alfie."
♠ ♠ ♠
As normal, I have banners but I'm running low and I'd really like it if the readers would make me a banner, just to show your dedication. Please.

The Banner