Big Bad Joke

Hard or Hurtful?

"How can I smile when you hurt me," I grimaced at the pain, yet again. But seeing as my head wound wasn't completely healed it hurt even worse. "I thought you wouldn't hurt me."

"I said I wouldn't kill you, completely different than hurting," he reasoned with me as he looked away from my face, shrugging. "Anyway, why did you come back? Is it because you like getting me in trouble with batsy?"

"Batsy?" I mumbled, silently questioning his sanity. Sadly it didn't need questioning; it was obvious he had none. "No, I don't like getting you in trouble with Batman but listen. I don't like how you have me stalked."

"I don't have you stalked, I have you tracked. Stalking involves the person of interest and the person who has the obsession with said object of interest. I have someone that gets paid to watch your every move," he smiled and shrugged. "See? Not stalking, tracking."

"You—" I paused and ran my hand over my face, trying to calm down. "You're an idiot, stop tracking me Joker. I don't like it, my Uncle is becoming suspicious."

"Then why not allow me to see you? I can see that my game is no longer amusing to you," he frowned and pouted his bottom lip out. "How about—oh I don't know. What do you suggest?"

"That you get a life and a straight jacket."

"Been there, done that. Not really what it's all cracked up to be," he sent me a look of innocence, it astounded me how serious he was being or sarcastic. "Really, its tracking or you find someway I can keep an eye on you."

"But why do you want me?" my eyes went wide as I slammed my fist against his chest. "You big green haired jerk, tell me."

"Because," he leaned down again to my ear, I heard him lick his lips before he moved back to crash his lips into mine forcefully. When he pulled away, my eyes were still closed. "I like seeing you confused, it makes me smile."

"I—" my mind wasn't working and wouldn't for a few minutes I could tell, it was still reeling from the kiss. A simple, lip to lip kiss but instead put into a firework stand, then light the fuse and watch it blown up. "Can I just—" I motioned a couple different directions before my hands went behind his neck and pulled him into a kiss again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Are you feeling better?" Mikey asked as she sat down in my living room floor, I groaned and nodded softly. I knew why she asked and it wasn't just because she cared, Bruce probably got to her like he had Montana, my boss from the shop I work in, Taylor and Laurel (who surprised me in being tricked by Bruce).

"I'm feeling fine, why do you keep asking me?" I mumbled as I leaned my head against the sofa cushion, Mikey sighed before she crawled over to me and laid her head in my lap.

"Because, every time I see you. I see you have new bruises," she mumbled as she leaned up and caressed my cheek softly, as if not to hurt the sensitive spot. "Where do you get new bruises, Riley? Is there someone doing this to you? Who?"

I knew it would come, it just seemed to shock me at how forward little Mikey was, she never was forward, she was always…shy. "Rachel," I used her first name, causing her to cast her worried gaze into a glare. "I'm not being hurt by anyone."

Wonder if she would believe me if I said they were love bruises?

"Right," she sighed in defeat as she grabbed the phone next to me and dialed a familiar number, after a few rings the person on the other end answered. "She said no one was hurting her, Bruce."

"Knew it," I grumbled as I looked down at Mikey's head, watching her talk softly and sadly.

"Yeah well, what do you want me to do? I've tried that, do you honestly think I would have forgotten my common sense in your bed?"

In…his…bed?

"Excuse me? In his bed?" I replayed her last words over and over in my head as I held my finger out, pointing at the small and fragile Mikey, who I could snap into if need be.

"Uh," she paused and covered the phone end. "I fell asleep in his bed last night after we talked about, well you."

"Best part of believe is the lie."

"I'm not lying, I swear Riley," she sighed as she uncovered the phone and began to talk again; I sighed as I looked out the window. Waiting for the man who put the bruises on me, but to tell you simply it wasn't out of harm or hate. They were accidents of circumstance. Have you ever tried to fool around in a warehouse full of metal objects or with a man who carries so many knives it's hard to tell what really is hard and not harmful. "I'm still a virgin, moron."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the...

I'd like some... more from others.

And I would like some comments also.