Swear to shake it up if you swear to listen

Out and About

ONE AND A HALF YEARS LATER.............................

I walked through the wrought iron gates slowly and meaningfully as I pulled my small red travel bag along behind me. It was around lunchtime and I was starting to feel hungry. As soon as I was outside the university, I felt an invisible weight lift off my shoulders.

I was free to do what I wanted know, not what my father wanted me to do. Of course, he would be extremely dissapointed that I hadn't completed my university courses, that I would not become the person he had wanted me to be all my life, and that I hadn't chosen the path of my mother.

When I was eight, my mother had been killed in an unexpected plane crash, on the way to New York. From that day on, I had been terrified of planes. My mum had been one of the most well-renowned judges of her time, and that is why my father would be disappointed in me. I only hoped that in time, he would recover and get over it.

As I strolled along the streets of Los angeles, I knew that my best option would be to go home to Las Vegas and start over again. I could propably find a job there, near my family and friends from highschool. First, I had lunch at a lovely small cafe, feeling lonely and hopeless. What i wanted more than anything in the world was to go home and see my family and friends again. Company was just the medicine I needed.

The plane trip took around 2 hours due to some turbulance, but eventually, after much stress, I let out a deep sigh as I felt the wheels of the plane take landing. I hated planes.

At the McCarran airport, no family members were waiting for me. I looked around and saw husbands kissing wives, children hugging Aunties and Uncles and old friends reuniting.

I thought about my old friends and the good times we had together throughout highschool. I hadn't seen my best friend Ryan for almost two years straight. What was more is that he hadn't answered many of my emails over the time he had been away. I hadn't expected him to write everyday, even though he had promised on the evening of our highschool graduation, the day before he had left to travel around Europe for a year. He would be back in Vegas by now, I thought surely, but questioned as to why he hadn't told me in his emails.

The taxi took about half an hour, and I was almost broke when I paid for it.

As I walked up the steps of my house which appeared to look strange because I hadn't seen it for a while, the front door swung open, and my father's face appeared. He looked glad to see me, but I could still make out the traces of disappointment in his face.

"Louise, I've missed you so much" he said as he came up to me and gave me a fatherly hug. I hadn't seen my father since he came up to LA for my nineteenth birthday around six months ago.

"I've missed you too Dad", I answered to him.
I prepared myself for what was to come next, the disappointment, the angry fatherly figure, standing imposingly in front of me.

The lecture never came.

"Louise, I must admitt that I am a little bit disappointed that you quit University, but I understand that Law really wasn't for you", he said to me in a kind way that caught me off guard.

"Thanks Dad, I'm glad you understand" I answered to him again, still a little bit shocked.

The conversation lasted for a while, and as we sat down and watched television together, I felt happier than I had in Years. It was like old times again.

I decided that very evening, that I would ring the Ross's household tommorow and see if Ryan was in. Maybe we could get a coffee together, I thought as I layed down on my bed and Instantly fell asleep.

If that was to be the case, then I was definitely looking forward to tommorow.....
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the 2nd Chapter...It doesn't really give much of the plot away, but I thought that I needed to include it to show Louise coming back home.

I hope you like it!!!