Silly Names and Coloring Books

Silly Names and Coloring Books

“Jack, come get some lunch!” I called from the kitchen.

“Hold on a minute Alex-poo.” Jack called back to me.

Hearing that ridiculous name that he called me I moved into the living room after pulling a pizza from the oven, to see what he was up to. I found him laying on the floor crayon in hand as he flipped through a coloring book that was in front of him.

“Did you just call me Alex-poo?” I questioned him.

He only looked up at me smiling, and nodded before looking back down as he began to color the picture of a tiger he chose with his purple crayon.

“You act like a four-year-old sometimes Jack,” I laughed slightly watching him.

“No, a five-year-old.” Jack argued with me.

“What’s the difference?” I asked him.

Carefully Jack stood up off of the floor, and moved to stand right in front of me.

“It’s a year older, and five is a better number than four is.” He told me with a small nod.

“Okay, you are a twenty-year-old that acts like he’s five sometimes,” I laughed leaning forward to kiss his nose gently. “Now come on Jack-bear.”

“Jack-bear?” He asked tilting his head to the side in a curious manner.

“You are calling me Alex-poo. I decided to call you Jack-bear. No come on its lunch time, and I made cheese pizza.

“Okay!” Jack yelled about running me over so that he could get to the kitchen.

I just laughed and shook my head as I followed after him at a normal speed. As I entered the kitchen again he was already munching away on a piece of pizza.

I couldn’t help but giggle which caused him to look at me. Then I noticed that that he had pizza sauce on his face.

“What?!” He demanded the childish tone still in his voice.

“Nothing,” I laughed moving to kiss him gently before moving away.

“And what was that for?”

I just shrugged slightly. I wasn’t about to tell him I kissed him, because he was to cute for me to resist.

“Okay then,” he said like he forgot about it all, as he took another bite of his pizza.

Never was I going to get the courage to tell this boy anymore about how I felt about him.

If I didn’t I couldn’t see if happening anytime soon.

The thought made me sigh as I sat down next to him with my own pizza smiling at him again as he ate.