Status: Updating as best as I can! As of right now...ACTIVE!!! PUT THE PITCH FORKS DOWN!

This Night, Walk The Dead

That's a Horse of a Different Color...

Three weeks since I started school. A month in Jersey. Five weeks since my mother’s been gone. It seemed so strange. She’s been gone for such a short amount of time…yet it feels longer. School has been alright. I don’t speak much in my classes nor to anyone else…well…expect Gerard. What is there to say about him? He’s sweet, funny, clever, talented, protective, a gorgeous smile…amazingly hazel eyes that sparkle when he laughs or smiles and I can’t help but getting lost in…okay…so I have a crush on the kid…but can you blame me? I thought not. I can’t help it, though. He makes me feel good about myself. I’m such a sucker…

Back to the present, though…

I ran into dad’s shop to get out of the rain…and I had to work today. Drew stood behind the counter and laughed as I walked in. “You look like a drowned rat.” I flipped him off and grabbed the trash bag I brought that contained dry clothes. I ran to the back room to change. As I was fixing my leaking makeup Drew walked in. “Alright, Lace, I have to go…class calls me. Dad wants the shelves restocked and the floor mopped if it gets muddy. The boxes are in the aisle already.”

“Got it! Have fun in class!” I said, slipping on a pair of flip flops as my Converses dry. Drew walked out the back entrance as I walked to the front of the store. Dad had speakers with an iPod hook up for us when we worked. We could listen to anything in here. It was awesome. I plugged it in and chose Mayday Parade’s “When I Get Home, You’re So Dead” as I started stocking the shelves. In no time at all, I was singing and dancing along with the music. Hey…no one’s in the store…I’m allowed…

Gerard’s P.O.V…

“Why are we walking around in the rain, Gee-man?” Frank complained behind me.

“Dunno…it was Mikey’s idea,” I replied.

“Why are we walking in the rain, Mikey?” Frank complained.

“Because the car would have broken down and none of us know how to fix it,” he stated simply.

“Man, why did you get all the powers?” Frankie whined.

“Because I’m so adorable.” Frankie huffed and smacked Mikey upside the head. “Hey! Don’t fuck with the adorableness!” Mikey shouted. We walked past the comic book store and Frank stopped.

“You guys coming in?”

“I will,” Bob said.

“You guys coming?” Frankie asked.

I shook my head, “I need to pick up some art supplies.”

Frank looked to Ray and Mikey for an answer. “Nope…wouldn’t miss what’s gonna happen for the world,” Mikey replied. Ray shrugged and walked with us to the art store. Horse of a Different Color has only been open for a few years, but has one of the best reputations in Newark. It’s a fairly small store, but Mr. Sanders is one of the only owners that place special orders for his customers. As we walked to the store, we could faintly hear music playing and a voice singing along. The music became normal volume as we walked into the shop. No one was behind the counter, so we followed the voice. Mikey silently laughed before the voice came into sight. Sometimes I wonder why he did get all the powers. We walked down of the paint aisles to see Lacey singing and dancing while putting away paint. The sight was priceless: Lacey wore a dry pair of jeans, a black t-shirt, and black flip flops. However, her black hair was soaked and still dripping water. She was swinging her hips to the music and swinging her hair. Every now and then, she would use a tube of oil paint as a microphone. There was no denying the fact that she could sing very well. The song changed to something more familiar to us, Joan Jett and The Black Hearts’ “I Hate Myself for Loving You”.

“Is this what you wouldn’t miss for the world?” I said so only Mikey and Ray could hear me. Mikey nodded his head vigorously with amusement.

Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah. Roma-roma-mamaa. Ga-ga-ooh-la-la. Want your bad romance.”

She danced and twirled around like she was on stage. She was lost in her own world…truly at peace and happy…just like that night I saw her with her brother four weeks ago. Her voice held so much emotion in it. I had to know what she was thinking. I looked at Mikey and he shook his head. Stupid little brother wouldn’t tell me! The song ended and changed to a slower one.

When the moon fell in love with the sun/All was golden in the sky/All was golden when the day met the night”.

The song sent a chill down my spine. She sang along with it until the chorus and her body changed. She huffed and turned around. Lacey’s green eyes widened when she saw us.

Lacey’s P.O.V…

I think my iPod was trying to tell me something. After Mayday Parade was Joan Jett’s “I Hate Myself For Loving You” and Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance”. Now it’s playing Panic At The Disco’s “When the Day Met the Night”. These songs make me think of Gerard. Ugh! When the first chorus ended I was fed up. I wanted to listen to music to escape thinking about him for a while. I huffed and turned to change the music. My eyes grew wide and I gasped as I saw who was standing there.

“How long have you been standing there?” I asked nervously.

“A while,” Gerard replied. I blushed and cringed with embarrassment. “Lacey, this is my brother Mikey and-“

“Ray Toro,” I finished for him. “How are you?” I asked Ray.

“Alright. You do the homework for Aldo?” he asked.

“Not yet. I was going to start it when I finished stocking the shelves. You guys are soaked,” I stated.

“Yes, it’s raining,” Mikey deadpanned. I giggled. They looked at me funny.

“Sorry…you made me think of Rocky Horror when you said that.” They just stared at me. “So, what can I help you with?” I asked after a moment of uncomfortable silence. I walked past them to change the song on my iPod because they kept staring at me.

“I needed to stock up on some paint. And these two fools decided to tag along.” I laughed as Ray and Mikey gave him dirty looks. Suddenly, the door burst open to reveal a short guy with black hair, a lip ring, nose ring, and tattoos.

“Guys, you have to come see this!” he said excitedly, then turned to me. He took my hand and kissed it. I blushed. “So you’re Lacey…Gerard doesn’t stop talking about you. I’m Frank.” I blushed harder as Gerard slapped him upside the head. Frank winced in pain. “What did I do?” he asked innocently.

“You were being you…” Gerard deadpanned.

“Awe, come on, Gee-man. I’m just being friendly…” He gave Frank a look at the nickname.

“So, what is it that you need?” I asked, breaking the tension.

“Paint,” Gerard replied. Mikey grinned and tapped Ray’s arm, nodding his head towards the exit. The three said their goodbyes and left Gerard and I standing at the counter. I smiled shyly and started for the paints. Gerard grabbed what he needed as Red Jumpsuit Apparatus’ “Your Guardian Angel” started playing. He put the tubes of paint down and grabbed my hand, pulling me close. We swayed to the music, smiling at each other. Gerard started singing along softly. He had a beautiful voice. As the song built in intensity, we started moving gracefully around the store. The shelves became a blur as we danced to the music. As the song ended, Gerard dipped me. Our faces we inches away from each other’s. Our breath mingled in the small space. I tilted my lip towards his. Only a centimeter or two more…

“Lacey, what are you doing?” Fucking hell… My head snapped in the direction of my brother. Gerard set me on my feet as I glared daggers at Drew. “Getting Gerard paints,” I replied venomously. “Sure as shit didn’t look like it,” Drew replied. Gerard grabbed the paint and we made our way towards the counter. I rang up his purchase and bagged it. Gerard and I walked outside and stood under the awning.

“I had a lot of fun,” I said lamely.

“Me too,” he replied. Gerard looked over his shoulder to see his friends and brother standing outside the comic shop. They didn’t look happy. It was probably the rain. That could piss anyone off. Gerard turned his head back to me and smiled. I couldn’t help but smile back. He leaned down and brushed his lips against mine softly. “See you tomorrow, Lace,” he whispered against my lips. I blushed profusely as Gerard grinned and walked towards the comic shop. I watched him walk away with a stupid grin on my face. When he got to the shop, Mikey nodded his head in my direction and Gerard turned around. He gave me a shy smile and headed home. I bit my lip to stifle the excitement as I headed into the store. Drew sat on the counter, giving me a knowing look.

“Don’t even fucking start, Drew,” I said, walking behind the counter and sighing in complete bliss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! Again....I know it's been a year. But I've had a tough one. I know it's no excuse. I'm just stating fact. I'm sorry if the ending sucks. I'm working on making this story VERY MUCH non-Twilight inspired. That might take some time. But thank you all for sticking by this story and reading it. And for the people just discovering this story: Welcome! Hello. How are you? I hope you like this work in progress.

Anyway, Danger Days is being a very good inspiration. I've even thought of a Killjoy story to write. But that will have to be fully planned out before I consider writing it.

Until the next chapter!

~Melissa.

P.S. Don't forget to comment and subscribe. Even rate it if you like it!