Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

Phone Calls

Shortly afterwards, everybody left. It was getting late and everybody except Shay and I had a call time the next day at 6:30. Before we left, we got their signature hugs. You know when you to Bath and Body Works and try on all the lotions and come out smelling like heaven? Well those Jonas boys smell better than that. Guess if you’re billionaires, you can afford expensive cologne.

Canada was quite cold, we were a bit chilly walking back to the cabin. Pulling my jacket closer to my body, I broke the comfortable silence that had entered.

“Tonight was fun.”

“Yeah, I could get used to it here.” Shay said.

After a pause, I said “He smells really good.” Shay turned her head towards me, puzzled by my randomness. “Who?”

“The particular Jonas who challenged me to a dance off.”

Shay started laughing. “Which Jonas challenged you to a dance off?!?”

“Nick.” I said rolling my eyes. “Just because he’s a hot shot celeb, he thinks he’ll be able to out dance me.”

Shay chuckled. “Amen sister.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taking a shower always gave me that warm , clean, relaxed feeling which I looked forward o every night. Grabbing Nims, my precious teddy bear, I climbed into bed. The comforter was beyond comfy and I snuggled inside of it. I was almost asleep in minutes.

Buzz.

I groaned. Sometimes I regretted the technology in the 21st century. Flipping open my phone, I read 1 new text. Clicking read, a message popped up from an unidentifiable number.

Goodnight Dancer.

Puzzled I looked at the number again. I racked my brain trying to think if it was a number if I should have known. But then again, all the important people in my phonebook had names. My fingers tapped on myon my purple razor, debating if I should text back this mysterious person. But what perplexed me was how they knew I was a dancer. It was going to bother me that I didn’t know who this was, so I decided to answer.

Who is this?

Pulling my covers back up, I closed my eyes and gave a small yawn. My phone vibrated against my hand a few minutes later pulling me out of my deep sleep.

Who do you think it its?

Annoyed, I texted back. I’m trying to get some sleep here, and this person decides to send me a smart aleck question back. It was 11:45pm, all I wanted to was to sleep, not to be texting some freak.

If I knew who I was talking to, why would I be asking?

Ooh feisty now, are we? “What the….” I thought. Tiredness was slowly taking over my body, I had to end this useless conversation. Pressing the green button to call, I sat up on my bed and leaned against the headboard of my bed. A callback ringtone started of Forever by Chris Brown. I had to give props to whoever this was, Chris Brown is an amzing singer. I let out a slow breath which caused my bangs to fly off my face and land gently back down.

“Wow. I didn’t actually think you’d have the guts to call.” a familiar voice spoke, breaking my thoughts.

A couple of seconds passed. Finally, it dawned on me who the voice belonged to.

“Nick?”

“Yep” I could imagine him smiling and playing with his purity ring like he always did.

Annoyance now flooded my face.

“I swear to God Nick, was there really a need to wake me up from my profound beauty sleep?

“Beauty sleep? Oh my bad.” Nick replied sarcastically.

Twirling my hair on my finger, I asked “Is that sarcasm I hear?”

He started laughing his contagious laugh that made me start smiling. “Goodnight Cady.”

“Goodnight Nick” I said sleepily.

I was about to shut my phone, when I remembered something. “Wait Nick.”

“Yeah?”

“How did you get my phone number?”

“Easy. I stole Meghan’s phone today.” he said nonchalantly. He said it like it was the most natural thing for anybody to do. Laughing, I said goodbye again and hung up.

If anybody had come into my cabin a few minutes later, they would have seen me sleeping peacefully with a small smile on my face.

Called you for the first time yesterday
Finally found the missing part of me
Felt so close but you were far away
Left me without anything to say
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait! Hope you guys read the authors note I had posted earlier. If not.....well I lost power for some reason this weekend and could not post. And then there's school. But guess what?!? No more tennis season, so LOTS more time to post! And thanks to everybody who has commented, it means a lot. And 10 stars?!? Wow thanks so much guys! I never thought I'd actually get 10 stars.

Love,
Kodhai <3