Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

Phone Conversations

I opened the door to my cabin and kicked my shoes off to the side. Taking off my jacket, I set it on my bed before removing my phone out of my back pocket. I sat down on my bed and held down the number 6 on my phone to call my speed dial number for home. The phone went through a couple of rings before someone picked it up.

“Hello?”

I smiled. I had missed the sound of my mother’s voice since I had come here. “Hi Mummy, its Cady.”

“Hey sweetie, how are you?” she exclaimed realizing it was me.

“I’m good. I’m having so much fun up here, there are some really cool people here.” I got up from the bed and attempted cleaning my small room up.

“That’s nice. Have you been able to meet your idols yet?” she teased. Unfortunately for my family, they knew how much I loved the Jonas Brothers and I had to endure endless teasing before I came up to Canada because of it.

Rolling my eyes, I answered back. “Yeah actually I did. You can’t see me, but I rolled my eyes.”

My mom laughed. “I figured.”

I quickly briefed my mom on how I met them and the rest of the cast. My mom chuckled in response. “Only you Cady, only you.”

“So is Daddy there? I wanted to talk to him.” I asked glancing at my watch. It was 3pm. Thankfully there was no time difference between Ontario and Cincinnati, Ohio.

“He had to go to work sweetie. He called me earlier and said he was going to be there late today. And your sister is at a swimming lesson” my mom apologized.

Disappointed, I gave a small “Oh.” My status in the family was being “Daddy’s girl” which made me really close with my dad. I’m also the oldest out of my family, with a little sister who’s only 14 months younger than me who goes by the name of Belle.

“Well that’s okay.” I said brushing it off. “I’ll call them later tonight.” Then I remembered I was hanging out with Nick tonight. “Or maybe tomorrow”

“That’s fine sweetie, I’ll talk you later then.”

“Bye Mommy” I said before hanging up the phone.

Setting my phone down, I went back to cleaning my room. Half my suitcase was all over the floor after piling up from the last week. I sighed. Cleaning the cabin up would take forever. I decided to clean it like I would back home. Which really wasn’t a complicated process. Putting all the clothes in a huge pile, I grabbed them in one huge load and shoved them in my suitcase. I sat down on the suitcase praying it would close. After a couple of attempts, I shut it forcefully. Thank God.

It had been an hour since I left the place where they were shooting the scene. I debated if I should text Nick now. I wasn’t sure if he was still going to be in the scene or if he was busy doing something else. I decided to take my chance and text him.

Hey what do you want to do tonight?

Nick was usually a slow texter, so I knew it was going to be awhile till I got a reply. Collapsing on my bed, I sighed.

My mind slowly drifted to, surprise surprise, Nick Jonas. The person who was probably on thousands of other girls’ mind. The person at the moment who was on my mind. Nick Jonas had always been my celebrity crush, since I first became a Jonas Brothers fan. But I never thought I’d actually meet my celebrity crush. Most girls didn’t. Meeting Nick and his brothers, even the other celebrities here was pretty amazing. I loved spending time with them….especially Nick.

No, not Nick. You like spending time with everybody Cady” I scolded myself.

Then again, who was I kidding? I like Nick. I’m not really sure why I’m trying to convince myself that I don’t. Maybe it’s the fact that I know Nick Jonas, a third of the hottest band in the world right now, would never like me back. Lately that’s what I had been thinking. But earlier today I was starting to have my doubts. I almost thought, maybe, just maybe that Nick was flirting with me today? I was unsure though. I remember Demi saying in an interview once that all three of them were huge flirts. Heck, all boys were huge flirts. Frustrated, I sighed again. Thinking the situation through was not getting me anywhere.

My phone then buzzed signaling I had a new text. Still laying in bed, I checked my phone.

How about you come over to my place after dinner?.

Sure. I’ll be there around 7 ish?

That’s fine. See you soon :)

Setting my phone down on the nightstand next to me, I snuggled under my covers to take a quick nap before leaving for dinner. Unfortunately, like before, Nick Jonas was on my mind. Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, two updates in one week?
Yes, I know this is fillerish, but is sets up for the next chapter.

I'm almost to the 100 comment mark, and I love reading your thoughts on the story. I would love if you commented.....please with a cherry on top of a Jonas Sundae? =) They motivate me to post.....

Love,
Kodhai <3