Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

Cookies, Rocks and More

Image

By the time I woke up, it was already 6:15. There goes my dinner. There was no I way I was going to be able to take a shower and eat dinner within 45 minutes. Yawning, I made my way into the shower. The soothing, hot water felt good on my tired body. Stepping out of the shower, I dressed myself from the clothes I picked out; my favorite pair of skinny jeans and a chocolate brown turtleneck. I quickly put a towel underneath my wet hair from soaking my sweater. Grabbing my mousse, I swiftly applied it to my hair trying to give myself the “wet hair” look. 15 minutes later, I had finally accomplished getting it as good as it would get. I put a little bit of eyeliner at the bottom of my eye, and brushed my cheeks with mineral foundation before being completely satisfied with how I looked. By the time I had finished, it was already 6:50. I slipped on a pair of Uggs before slipping my phone into my pocket and leaving my cabin.

Whistling some random notes, I started walking to the Jonas’ cabin. The sun was starting to set letting darkness take over. The butterflies in my stomach had entered my stomach as soon as I had stepped out of my house. Trying to calm myself down, I tried to keep myself distracted. Looking around, I tried to spot something that would take my mind off of my nervousness. Round the corner, a couple of the assistants to the director walked by me gave me a warm smile. Giving a smile back, I kept on walking. Smiling raised my spirits a little bit. In a distance I could see the lake. Smiling once more, I remembered the day last week when Nick and Roshan had pushed both Shay and I into the lake. My grin slowly faded when my mind turned back to Nick. Cue the butterflies once again claiming my stomach. Within a couple of minutes, I had made it to the prestigious Jonas cabin. Hesitantly I walked up and knocked on the door.

A moment passed before the door was widely flung open. Joe’s face appeared.

“Hey Cady, come on in”

“Hey” I said greeting him while stepping into their temporary home.

Before I could say anything else, Joe took in a deep breath and started yelling for Nick.

“NICK! CADY’S HERE! WHERE ARE YOU?!?” I stared at him.

“You know Joe, you could have just went and looked for him.”

Turning to me he laughed. “Yeah, but where’s the fun in that?” I merely shook my head and smiled.

Looking around, the place seemed to be slightly deserted. Confused, I turned to Joe. “Where’s the rest of your family?”

“Mom and Dad are meeting with the director. And I think Frankie is with Kevin in their room playing Webkinz or something.”

Nodding my head, I heard a noise behind me. Nick was finally appearing from his room he shared with Joe. A smile grew on my face when I saw him. He was dressed informally, not something anyone beside his family usually saw. Like any other teenager would be, he was dressed in jeans and a simple dark blue polo. His hair as usual had the perfect curls, still wet from a shower.

“Hey there” he greeted me grinning.

“Hey.”

He walked over to me and gave me soft hug. Closing my eyes briefly, like I did earlier today, I took a small whiff of his cologne. Pulling back I smiled back.

Nick then turned to his brother who was still standing there and glared at him. “Was the yelling really necessary?”

I laughed. “That’s what I said too.”
Joe merely shrugged. “It’s the way I roll. I’ll see you later Cady.” With a small wave he went back to whatever he had been doing before I had arrived.

Nick shifted his body so he was facing me again. “So what do you want to do?”

Sheepishly, I looked at him and asked almost embarrassed “Do you have something to eat? I didn’t have time for dinner before I came.”

Laughing Nick started walking over to the kitchen. I followed him.

“Take whatever you want. There’s plenty of food here.” Nick said using his arm like Vana White showcasing all the food.

“Thanks.” I said gratefully.

Opening the pantry, I spotted chocolate cookies; my weakness. Gleefully, I picked them up and took a few out to eat.

Nick raised his eyebrows. “You’re having chocolate chip cookies for dinner?”

I imitated the expression on his face by also raising my eyebrows. “What? Never tried it?”

Nick chuckled. “Can’t say I have.”

Shaking my head I pretended to look disappointed. “What a shame. I thought you would have known better. You should try it.”

Laughing again, Nick grabbed a cookie out of my hand and said “Maybe I will.”

“Hey! I was going to eat that!” I said putting my hands on my hips.

He smirked. “And so am I.” Taking the cookie, he stuffed it into his face and obnoxiously chewed in my face.

“Pig.” I muttered.

“Hey! I resent that!” Nick exclaimed. I just shook my head and smiled.

Finishing his cookie, Nick brushed his hands together before grabbing a glass of water. After he finished drinking the water, he turned back to me.

“You want to go for a walk? It’s still light outside.” Nick suggested.

A quick glance over my shoulder proved he was right. It looked like there was about a half an hour of light left.

“Sure.”

“Be right back then” Nick stated. He walked down the hall where Joe had previously gone too. I assumed that the bedrooms were down that area where Kevin and Frankie also were.

“Okay all set. I told Kevin we were going out for a walk.” He had come back with two jackets draped over his left arm. He set one of the down before handing the other one to me. I raised an eyebrow.

“What? You’re going to get cold. I don’t know how you came here without a jacket.” He said throwing the jacket at me.

Catching it, I tried to defend myself. “It wasn’t that cold.” Either way, I still put the jacket on. It was way too big for me, but ever so comfy. I also took in the fact that it also smelt like his cologne.

“You ready?” I nodded my head and started walking towards the door.

We left the house with Nick gently shutting the door behind us. We must have walked for about five minutes in silence. It wasn’t an awkward silence; it was more of a peaceful silence with us just gathering our thoughts. Nick broke the silence by asking me a question.

“Do you like it up here? I mean, away from your family and all” he inquired.

I cautiously looked at him before answering with a shrug. “It gets hard at times being away from my family and everything. But I’m having fun up here and I’ve met a lot of really cool people.”

My last comment made him smirk. He popped his collar and said “Well, you know how I do.”

Laughing I shook my head in a playful way.

“What? I’m not cool enough for you” he asked in a feigning sadness.

“Oh yes most definitely” I answered playing along. Like me before, he shook his head laughing.

By that time, we had walked for a good 10 minutes. Up ahead I could see the lake, the same spot where we had all been few days ago. Giving Nick a smile, I started running towards the dock and slowed down once I got to the end of it. Trying to be careful, I seated myself down on the dock and let my legs hang off it. Looking behind me I tried to see where Nick was. He was still walking, but was within 20 feet behind us.

“Come on!” I exclaimed motioning for him to come join me. Less than a minute later Nick came and sat down next to me, and what seemed to be his third or fourth time laughing at me tonight.

“What?” I asked curiously.

Nick smiled. “Nothing. I just love the fact that you get so excited over the littlest things.”

Smiling I picked up one of the rocks that were set in the gravel beside me. “It’s just the way I am.” Taking the rock, I attempted to toss it and make it skim the edges of the water like I’ve seen in movies. My weak attempt made it just plop down into the lake.

I frowned. “That didn’t work out to well.” Trying once more, I tossed another rock out onto the lake but I had no success. Nick reached his arm over and grabbed a rock. With the flick of his wrist, he threw it out with the rock magically bouncing on the water. I turned to him in awe. “How’d you do that?”

Nick smirked when he saw my expression. Leaning over once again, he took a rock and placed it in my hand. His warm soft hand touched my hands in the process. Dang. Those butterflies had found their way in again. My heart was racing ten times faster, and this with him just holding my hand. He started speaking again which broke my thoughts.

“Here…….hold your hand like this……and now flick your hand like……this!” Nick said his hand on mine guiding it. Miraculously, the rock bounced on the water just like I wanted to. A grin appeared on my face at the success.

Turning towards him I kept grinning. My grin slowly faded as I registered in my head that our faces were about five inches away from each other. Nick was looking at me intently and with so much care that it took my breath away. My breathing started becoming ragged as the space slowly started closing. Unsure of what to do, I cautiously closed my eyes. The next second I felt his lips right on top of mine. His warm and soft lips. Remember those butterflies? They became birds. His hand had somehow made its way on my back gently pushing me closer to him. My mind was spinning out of control knowing that Nick Jonas was kissing me and I was enjoying every moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I liked this chapter...I hope you did :)
Leave me a comment, I'd love to know what you think!
And I reached 100 subscribers and 397 readers!! Woww! Thanks everybody!
Doesn't a Jonas Sundae sound yummy?!? :D
Love,
Kodhai <3