Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

A Cookie?

The next morning sunshine filled my room waking me up. I checked the time and saw it was 11:29 in the morning. Since it was Sunday, Kishaya scheduled our rehearsal at one after lunch, and church for some of the few dancers who faithfully went.

I headed to the shower to get ready for my day. Twenty minutes later I was ready. I was dressed for my rehearsal today wearing sweat pants, a sports bra and a jacket on top zipping it up halfway. Glancing at myself one more time I slipped on my Adidas shoes and locked the door as I walked out of my cabin. Stifling back a yawn I made my way to the mess hall. I was hoping to meet Shay there for brunch to tell her about last night. Opening my phone, I sent a text.

Good morning. Are you up yet?

Yep. How was last night?

Meet me at the mess hall for brunch. I’ll tell you there.

Okay. Can’t wait to hear the juicy details :) Be there in a few minutes.

Bye.

Shutting my phone I made my way into the entrance of the mess hall. Not many people were there since most of the staff was out on set or in school; their day already probably had started at seven. Taking a tray I took a sandwich, fruit, a chocolate cookie and a small bottle of water for. I sat down at the nearest table and started eating while waiting for Shay.

A few minutes later a body slid into the chair next to me. I looked up to find Shay out of breath as she sat down.

I raised my eyebrows. “Please tell me you did not run here.”

“What if I did? I want to hear about the date!”

“Have you eaten yet? Go get something to eat and then I’ll tell you.” Shay rolled her eyes in response but obliged and went to get some food to munch on.

Shay plopped her body with a cookie in her hand and looked at me curiously.

“A cookie? That’s it?”
Shay shrugged. “I’m not hungry.” Her eyes lit up immediately afterwards. “Tell me about the date! I’ve been waiting all morning!”

“So this is what happened. A friend of mine came over to my house to help me get ready….” I said dragging out the end.

Shay glared at me. “The date Cady. I want to know what happened on the date!”

I laughed. I thought for a moment from where to start and then started talking. I started from us walking to his car and all the way to where he kissed me goodnight. Shay “oohed” and “ahhed” at the right times or whenever she thought something Nick did was “absolutely adorable! So cute!” We sat there talking for almost an hour. Our conversation had drifted from the date to more girlish topics like shopping and hair.

At about 12:45 we realized how late it had gotten and rushed to finish our food. Chugging down my bottle of water I stood up and set the tray in its respectable place above the trash can. We hurriedly left the mess hall and started walking towards the dance studio. Rehearsal was ending today at seven. With only six hours to practice, it was going to be a strenuous rehearsal today.

We made our way into the dance studio with a couple minutes to spare. Most of the dancers were already inside warming up. Dancing brought the inner child out of me. I loved twirling around on stage with the feeling that I was indestructible and there were no worries in my life. Moving my body in ways I could never imagine I could ever do always amazed me. The flow of music would run right through my body taking it over. Since I had taken up dancing almost two years ago I feel completely in love with it. I had finally found the thing that I didn’t mind working so hard for the feeling I felt when I was in front of an audience.

Other dancers in Camp Rock 2 ranged of different ages. Kristin, Shay, and Alexia were the only other girls that were close to my age. Shay and I were both 15, on the verge of 16, while Kristin and Alexia were 17. In most cases, Hollywood did not allow minors to be unsupervised on set. But as dancers, our situations were a little different. All the minors went to school on set, except me since I had made a compromise with my school promising to do my schoolwork instead of having the set teacher teach me.

Kishaya’s voice could be heard even before she had entered the dance studio. “Let’s get started my lovely dancers! Filming is just around the corner and we need to perfect!” With that command, the music started, announcing that rehearsal had started.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My legs dragged their way through the dirt on the pathway back to my cabin. This was the part of dancing that absolutely wore me out; the soreness and tiredness I always experienced afterwards. I pushed the stray strands of hair that were falling on my face away and opened the door to my cabin. I tossed my phone somewhere on bed not really caring. Turning on the shower, I stripped down and stepped into the soothing hot water. The water unclenched the tight muscles and relaxed me. After my shower I changed into my pajamas; soft pajama pants that had pictures of squirrels printed and an old sweatshirt of my dad’s. It was already 8:30, too early to go to bed but I was completely worn out from being out late last night and the rehearsal today. My mind was wandering aimlessly as I snuggled under the covers. I started to drift into sleep when my phone started buzzing next to me. Not again. I was about to silence it when I saw the picture id pop up. It was from the day I had gone to watch Nick and his brothers on set. I had snapped the picture when he was talking to me, so natural. He was smiling carefree and looked genuinely happy.

“Hello?” I answered sleepily.

“Oh sorry, did I wake you up?” Nick apologized.

“It’s okay. I was just lying in bed.” I lied.

“How was your day?”

“Same as usual. Extremely tired from rehearsal. I don’t think I’m ever going to ever get used this.”

Nick chuckled. “Yeah, it takes awhile to get used to the weird hours.”

“I can only imagine. How was your day?” I asked turning to my side trying to become comfortable.

“Good. It was a slow day. We were on set the whole day instead of doing interviews and such like we usually do. I’m not complaining though.”

“Sounds fun. So I was talking to Shay about last night, and she was pretty impressed with your moves last night.” I teased.

His laugh ringed through the phone putting a smile on my face. “Well that’s good to hear. Glad to know I got the Shay approval.”

“Will I see you tomorrow or the day after? I think we start filming Tuesday.” I wondered.

“Probably. I keep messing up the dance on the finale. Maybe you can help me?” Nick inquired.

“I can barely get my steps and you want me to help you with yours?” I said laughing.

Nick sighed. “It was worth a shot. Well I’ll let you go to bed. You sound you’re about to fall asleep on me.”

“I’m not tired.” I insisted. On cue though a yawn escaped my mouth. “Kidding.” I added sheepishly.

Nick laughed quietly. “Yep, not tired at all. Sweet dreams Cady.”

“Night.” With that, I shut my phone and put it back into the charger on my night stand. Within two minutes I was asleep dreaming in my la la land anxiously waiting for tomorrow to arrive to see my boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know short and crappy.
But I've been stuck on writers block and I really really wanted to get something out to you guys. You do not know how guilty I felt.
If you have any ideas, please feel free to comment me and give me some sugesstions. I'm open for anything.
As far as ideas go for me, I'm thinking drama is approaching us soon :)

XMAS BREAK IS COMING UP SOON! 4 more days THANK GOD. So expect longer, better and more frequent updates then.

On a random note, my feet are super cold right now because the stupid heating doesn't work in my room. ugh. XD

Love,
Kodhai