Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

Kung Fu Panda

I glanced at the clock and did a double take at the time. It was already 6:00pm and I told Nick I would be over at his cabin at 6:30pm to watch some movies. It had been a couple days since the rain incident and I was on cloud nine. Filming had gone smoothly and I had succeeded into not making a complete fool of myself.

In celebration of two weeks of filming, Nick and his brothers were throwing a small movie night party at their cabin. It was going to be the usual gang, Joe, Kevin, Nick, Roshan, Alyson, Meghan, Demi, Shay, and I.

Throwing clothes outside I scrimmaged through my suitcase trying to find something to wear tonight. I pulled out a pair of jeans, a long sleeve white shirt and a soft red jacket with a fur hood at the back. Changing into the outfit, I focused on my hair and face. I had straightened my hair earlier that morning so I had that nuisance out of the way. Taking a strand from each side, I pinned it on the side away from my face. I put the basic makeup on my face, mascara and eyeliner with the right color of foundation brushed on my face. Slipping on black flats, I walked over to Shay’s cabin to walk with her to the Jonas’ cabin.

As I reached up to knock on her door, it flew open with Shay’s bubbly face appearing.

“Hey!” Shay exclaimed. “Hold on a second. I have to get my jacket.” She disappeared inside her cabin for a minute before reappearing back outside. “Okay got it. Let’s go.”

We started walking down the trail towards the Jonas’ cabin and chatted mindlessly about various topics. Shay had gone out with some of the other dancers for dinner the night I had gone to Nick’s to watch them rehearse. So I filled her in on the events that had happened that night, precisely the rain.

Shay started squealing and jumping up and down after I had finished. “You have the cutest and sweetest boyfriend ever.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Jealous?” I teased.

She laughed. “No. I have my Prince Charming at home, thank you.”

“So who is this boyfriend of yours? I haven’t heard you talk about him that much.”

Shay proceeded into telling me all about her “wonderful and romantic boyfriend” of hers that went by the name Ryan. How they met at the mall after she had knocked over the display of clothes in Hollister where he worked. He had just folded them all up when she pushed off the entire set of clothes off the shelf. Ah the magic ofhate love at first sight.

Time passed by quickly as we approached the Jonas’ cabin. I pushed the door open without even bothering to knock and stepped inside. I took off my shoes and set them to the side with Shay right by my side. Joyful shouting could be heard from the living room and occasional snippets from the kitchen. I motioned Shay for her to follow me and strolled over to the living room.

“Hey everybody.” Everybody’s head turned our way as we greeted them. I tossed them a smile and craned my neck looking for my boyfriend.

“Where’s Nick?” I asked moving in a full 360 degree turn to find him.

Demi smirked. “Good luck finding him. He must have had five Red Bulls before you came. He’s going off the walls. I’ve never seen him so hyper.”

On cue, a pair of arms wrapped around me and picked me up. I shrieked while Nick spun me around. The image of everybody laughing barely registered in my mind as I kept in going in circles.

“Nick! Put me down!” I screeched. “I’m getting dizzy!”

He spun me one more time before setting me down. I staggered a little and tried to catch my balance. When my focus became stable, the first thing I saw was Nick’s ear to ear grin not even three inches away from my face. “Hey Cady.”

“Hey.” I said stretching the word out. I stepped back and folded my arms across my chest. “Just wondering, but how many Red Bulls have you had already?”

“Me? Having Red Bull?” Nick exclaimed. He bounced on his toes which evidently showed his hyperness. “Never!”

“Uh huh.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Well I’ve had a few.”

I scoffed. “A few?”

“Maybe five or six.” Nick admitted. “But that doesn’t matter.” He took my hand and dragged me to the kitchen. “Mommy’s making these amazing cookies and they smell like they’re almost done.”

My feet almost tripped over each other as he yanked my body in the direction of the kitchen. Giggles erupted from behind me amused from my struggles. A murderous look was all I could send before Nick engulfed his arms around me while eagerly waiting for his mom to bring the cookies out of the oven.

Mrs.Jonas eyed her second youngest son warily. She took her oven mitts off the counter and put them on her hands. “Nick, give the poor girl a break. You look like you’re going to strangle her.”

“No I’m not.” Nick defended himself. Removing his hands from me, he wrapped his arms around his mother and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Are the cookies done yet?”

“No. And they’re going to be burnt if you don’t let go of me.” Mrs.Jonas warned. Reluctantly, Nick untangled his arms from his mother and stepped back. Opening the oven, she carefully removed the tray of cookies and set them on the counter. The smell of delicious chocolate cookies was released in the air.

“Yum” I said licking my lips. I was always a sucker for chocolate cookies, no matter how many times I told myself I would eat healthier.

“Can I have one now Mom?” Nick begged. This boy was insanely high on Red Bull. I felt sorry for his mother with four boys loaded on energy drinks.

Mrs. Jonas sighed and sent me an exasperated look with a slight smile on her face. She turned to Nick who was eying the cookies. She placed a hand on his shoulder to receive his attention. “Why don’t you go watch movies with everybody else? The cookies will cool down in a few minutes.”

Nick threw a pout. “Please Mommy?”

“No.” She said firmly. “Go watch the movies and I promise you in ten minutes you can have the cookies. I promise.”

Nick sighed in defeat. But less than a second later, his face lit up as he looked at me. I was almost scared to know what this boy was thinking. He was quite humorous when his body consumed so much Red Bull, but I couldn’t tell what he was thinking.

“Let’s go see what everybody’s watching.” Once again, I was yanked back into the kitchen cursing my tiny limbs as my boyfriend moved around excitedly throughout his small cabin. The rest of the cast were casually sitting around the couches gossiping about the latest celebrity news.

Nick plopped down next to Demi bringing me along with him. His leg bounced up and down shaking the couch. Demi stared at me widely and started laughing. I joined in as Nick began to become once again restless. “Calm down Nick!” Demi said trying to control her laughter.

Nick smiled. “I am calm.”

“Yeah right.” I muttered.

Nick tossed me a smile before strolling over to the collection of DVD’s sprawled on the floor. He rummaged through them trying to find a movie to occupy everybody for the next couple of hours. Striking up a conversation with Demi, I gave her my attention on the latest movie by Will Smith.

Nick’s voice brought everyone’s attention from their current conversation to him. He held up a red DVD that had a giant panda on the front. “Let’s watch Kung Fu Panda!”

“Why?” Joe asked slowly. “Why can’t we watching something like Yes Man? Or something that will at least make me feel somewhat manly?”

“Because this is a funny and I want to watch it.” Nick said determined. He popped the disc out of the case and stuck it into the player. The trailers began to play on the TV screen when Nick came to sit back down next to me.

Silence came within a few minutes and the movie progressed. Mrs.Jonas came and sat the cookies on the small table. Nick immediately reached for three of them and shoved them down his throat. I was going to say something before I saw the rest of the boys doing the same thing. Boys.

Kung Fu Panda was one of my favorite movies. It was guaranteed to make me laugh till no end. I used to watch the movie in my room whenever I had a terrible day just to make me feel better. Childish movies always brought the little kid out of me. In movie theaters Belle and I would end up being one of the oldest kids when animated movies would release.

Halfway through the movie, I began to feel a little thirsty from all the yummy chocolate chip cookies. My legs had already fallen asleep and I needed to stretch them. Careful not to distract anyone for the movie, I attempted to sit up from the couch and walk away silently. Nick’s eyes followed me with a questioning look. I mouthed to him ‘water.’ He nodded and went back to watching the movie.

I took a sip from the glass and swallowed. The sounds of the TV echoed from the kitchen. I set the glass of water and set it down on the counter. I loved spending my evenings here in the Jonas’ cabin. It brought me back to the family atmosphere from back home. I picked up the glass and turned around to wash it.

Soft steps could be heard behind me before a pair of hands covered my eyes. The hands pulled me closer to his body making me drop the cup with a slight crash. I smiled at the sudden contact and turned around. I leaned up and gave him a soft kiss before pushing past him towards the living room. I made it halfway to the living room before Nick grabbed me by my stomach and brought his mouth down to my ear. “Let’s go to my room. We never have time to ourselves.” He whispered. His hot breath traveled down my neck causing my face to slightly flush.

I gave him old pout. “But I love this movie. Plus, this is my favorite part.”

Nick smirked. “Not going to work this time. Please?” he added softly.

I looked at the TV and then back to Nick. His face peered close to mine as his eyes stared straight into mind. “Okay. Let’s go.”

Nick seemed to have calmed down tremendously and must have transferred his energy to me. I had a sudden burst of energy that I started skipping and twirling down the hallway. Nick laughed at my silliness as he walked behind me.

I ran into Nick’s room and collapsed on his bed. My head instantly turned to his pillow. My nose took in a whiff of the scent off the pillow. I giggled and looked at Nick. “Your bed smells exactly like you.”

Nick chuckled. I patted down the comforter to the right of me indicating Nick to sit down next to me. He obliged and sat down. Looking around, I observed Joe’s side of the room slightly cleaner than the last time I had been here. I was about to ask Nick about it when I noticed him staring at me with a slight smile on his face.

Moving closer to him, I connected our lips together. My arms hung loosely around his neck as he pulled me dangerously closer causing our legs became slightly tangled. The kiss started off sweet and innocent but gradually changed. Nick pressed his lips firmer against mine. His tongue pushed against my closed lips requesting for entrance. Hesitant at first, I granted him permission. Our tongues slyly entered each other’s mouth. His tongue slowly rubbed against mine taking in the new territory.

Nick’s hands moved down to my legs, gently picking me up and pushed my body onto the headboard of the bed. Breathless, I detached my lips from his. Those amazing chocolate brown eyes I fell in love with since the beginning, stared back at me craving more. His lips trailed down my neck without making contact torturing me. His moist breath made my neck hot and then became cold as he left the area. His warm lips finally connected with my neck. I had lost my entire defense letting Nick do as he pleased. But I wasn’t complaining. My breathing became ragged as Nick gently tugged my soft skin right near my earlobe. I knew I was going to have a hickey tomorrow because of this. A small moan escaped my mouth as he repeated the action in two other places before connecting our lips again.

This second kiss was like most of our other kisses, soft, gentle and unhurried. We continued for a few more minutes before slowly detaching our lips from each other. It took me a few seconds to catch my breath from the last few minutes. Nick shifted his body so he was leaning on the headboard next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. We were silent for a few moments taking everything in.

“I enjoyed that.” Nick murmured into my hair. He planted a soft kiss on my hair.

“So did I.” I whispered.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Years!!!!!!!! Its 2009!!!

I seem to gain subscribers and then lose them..please don't unsubscribe! If there are any tips you want to give me, feel free to. XD

I hope you liked the chapter! Expect the next one by Sundayy. Oh and Nadya, your banner will be in the next chapter. I'm taking your advise about the next chapter. :)

One more thing. This story still has a way to go, but Jenny asked me if there's going to be a sequel. Would you guys read the sequel if there was one?

Comment!!!
Love,
Kodhai <3