Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

Thunder

Image

“Nick let go of me!” I shrieked. His arms were around my waist wrestling to keep my body in his grasp. I had settled in his room about an hour ago and had gone into the living room to sit down and read a book I had stolen from Joe before going to bed. His parents, Kevin, and Frankie were already asleep leaving Nick and I alone in the living room. Nick had decided to tackle me from behind while setting up his bed own the pullout couch causing me to be in the state I was now in.

“I don’t think so!” Nick said cheekily as he tightened his grip on me. Suddenly my feet lifted off the ground. I squirmed trying to release myself from his grip. I turned my head around and glared at Nick. “Let me down.”

He leant down and whispered in my ear. “You’re really sexy when you’re angry.”

A smile started to creep onto my face but I tried to hide it. “Stop trying to sweet talk me. Now please put me down.”

He shrugged. “Okay.” Nick walked faster to the couch and released his grip on me and dropped me on the couch. I hit my head on the pillow with a soft thud and gave a small ‘ow.’

I scowled. “I didn’t mean literally.”

He grinned. I detangled my legs and continued to lie down on the couch. I turned my head to the right and stared out the window. Pressure was added to the couch as Nick sat down next to me. A sly smile appeared on his face as he reached his fingers and attacked my stomach tickling me to no end. Giggles erupted out of my mouth as he wouldn’t stop torturing me.

“Nick! Stop!” I begged. Nick continued until as I sat up and pinned his hands down onto the couch. His hand slipped out of my grip and reached towards the side of my face and touched my cheek. I smiled and grabbed his hand.

“I’m going to go to sleep now. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

“Already?” Nick’s face dropped. “Stay up a little bit longer? No pun intended.”

“We both have early call times tomorrow. We can spend time with each other tomorrow.”

Nick sighed. “I hate it when you’re right. Alright then, good night.” He cupped my face and brought me closer to him. His lips covered mine in a sweet good night kiss. I pulled back reluctantly.

“Goodnight Nick.”

He smiled softly while I stood up. Making sure I picked up Joe’s book, I walked back to the bedroom. I peeked inside, and saw that Joe had fallen asleep with his phone on his chest. I tip toed to his bed and removed the phone off his body and set it on the table stand. I switched off the light and snuggled inside Nick’s covers. His cologne was set in his covers and pillows instantly making me fall asleep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I jerked out of my sleep as a crack of thunder rumbled outside. My stomach quivered at the sound and I slowly sunk back into bed. As soon as I had calmed down, a flash of lightening lit up the room followed by thunder. I froze in place with the covers tightly gripped in my hands.

Deep breath Cady, deep breath. I took a breath in and slowly let it out. I shut my eyes tightly and hoped sleep would overcome me. No such luck. Another crack of thunder and lightning frightened the hell out of me. This was not going to work.

A memory from when I was younger started to creep its way back into my mind but I diverted my mind from it. There it was again, haunting images from when I was younger. I could hear the cracking of the trees, sirens and worst of all, the screams that had had been imprinted into my mind since I was little.

I could remember the day exactly.

It was a mere five years ago, when I was ten. Just like today, a thunderstorm had started outside but I hadn’t thought much of it. My mom had tucked me in and given me a goodnight kiss as usual. Later that night, I had woken up to sounds I couldn’t place my finger on. I remember turning my head and watching in horror the scene that was unveiling itself in front of my eyes.

The huge oak tree that had been planted years ago in our backyard was cracking right down the middle of its trunk. I watched wide eyed as the tree swayed left to right before falling down on the small house neighboring mine. It was then I let an ear piercing scream that had awaken my parents who had called the police and the fire apartment.

We had waited hours to know the outcome of the accident. I had been wrapped around in my blanket anxiously waiting for news. My teeth had been clattering in the cold but I didn’t care. It wasn’t till about three in the morning the police had come to us telling that no one had been hurt and only furniture was damaged on the side of the house the tree had collided with.

I remember giving a big sigh of relief and joy that no one had been hurt. I had fallen back to sleep right away an hour later when my mom had tucked me in that night for the second time. My parents had been worried that I would have to go into therapy but I had assured that I didn’t need it. They had believed it, and so did I. But it wasn’t till the next major thunderstorm a few weeks later that I had been the utmost terrified and had woken my parents up crying. Since then, I had never been able to peacefully go to sleep during thunderstorms. I had hoped I had grown out of it, but that didn’t seem too likely.


Tears escaped out of my eyes as I relived the memory over and over and again. I couldn’t take it anymore; I had to get out of bed. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and gently set them down. I took a small step towards the door. A creak came out of the floor boards. I stood still as Joe moved slightly. I walked out of the bedroom as fast as I could and shut the door lightly behind me.

Shadows curved around corners of the wall as I walked closer to the living room. My heart was beating so loudly that if anyone had come into the room right then, they would have heard my heartbeat. I rested my hands on the top of the couch and saw Nick’s body resting comfortably on the pullout couch. I dared a look at the window and was relieved to see the blinds had been drawn shut. I was almost hesitant to touch Nick, but I didn’t know what else to do.

I jostled Nick gently on his shoulder hoping he would wake up.

“Nick?” I whispered into his ear. “Nick?”

“Huh?” He turned around with his eyes half open. His curls were almost invisible into the couch, but I could see them going every direction as he propped himself on his elbow. Even the fact that he was wearing a tight tank that clearly showed his muscles didn’t even steer me away from the storm happening outside. “Cady?” His voice grew alarmed. “What’s wrong?”

I was sure he could see my tear stained cheeks. My hair was matted down and was surely a mess. Thunder erupted again outside and a fresh batch of tears streamed down my face. My body was starting to shake as the thunder kept repeating itself over and over again. My voice staggered as the tears controlled my voice. “C-c-could I sleep with y-you? The storm is terrifying me and I’m s-scared.”

“Come here.” Nick said concerned. He tugged my arm and I fell onto the couch next to him. He instantly wrapped his arms around me and pulled the comforter back onto both of us. He rubbed his hands up and down my back calming me down slightly. I began hiccupping from the continuous crying.

“Shh Cady. It’s going to be alright. I’m right here.” Nick comforted me talking softly in my ear. “I’m not going to let anything happen to you.”

He brought one hand up to my cheek and gently dried the salty tears from my face. He kept his hand there caressed my cheek.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered. My voice was thick and my throat hurt from the crying.

“Don’t be sorry. Now try to get some sleep.” He gave me a soft kiss on my forehead.

I nodded and nuzzled my head into his chest. I could feel him smiling as he laid his head on top of mine. I drifted back off into sleep but this time, I surprisingly did not wake up again.

One thing failed to occur to me though. The fact I was in bed with my boyfriend in his parent’s temporary house. And boys usually come with the alarm clock known by the name of Mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so comfortable right now, in my pajamas and I took just took a shower.
It's only 4:15pm though :D

So this chapter is one of the ideas I've had since the summer..I had to post it lol.
I have 717 reads and 161 subscribers!
Thank you so much!

EDIT: omg has anyone seen the new video JB put up? It made me laugh for, I swear, 10 minutes straight!

Don't forget to comment!
Love,
Kodhai <3