Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

Memories

The next few weeks flew by. Rehearsals and the final scenes of filming were starting to slowly wrap up. I hadn’t even noticed how much time had flown by until almost two days ago. We had been rehearsing one of our dances when Kishaya had mentioned we only had a week left here in Canada. I had immediately stopped dancing and had taken the news in.

We only had five days left. Five days. I only now realized how little time I had left with Nick before we went our separate ways. We lived on opposite sides of the country. Nick in California and Texas while I lived in Ohio. When I had first committed to our relationship, I hadn’t even thought what would happen after leaving Canada. I did now. The only communication between us would be through phone calls. He probably would be back on tour while I would either be in high school or dancing for someone else in Hollywood.

I had moped around for the last couple days as I let all this information sunk in. I had slowly started repacking all my clothes and necessities I had brought with me here. My cabin was now half empty as I had put everything way.

I sighed. I had to get up and do something. Pulling out my phone, I texted Shay asking her if she wanted to meet up at the mess hall for a quick dinner. Agreeing, she said she would meet me there in a few minutes.

Ten minutes later, I entered the mess hall and saw Shay already there waiting for me at a saved table. I gave her a small smile and sat down.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” I rested my elbows on the table and placed my head into my hands.

She frowned. “What’s wrong? You look depressed.”

“That’s because I am.”

“Because?”

“We only have five days left here!” I exclaimed. “Five days! What’s going to happen after we leave? I won’t be able to see my boyfriend for who knows long. And I’m going to lose all the friends I’ve met here! Like you! We live in completely different states, Shay. When am I going to be able to see you again?”

“We live in the 21st century, Cady. There is always cellphones and email.” She said softly.

“Yeah, but will that be enough?” I whispered.

“It will be.” She stood up and gave me a hug. “Come on. Let’s go take a walk.”
I nodded and followed her out the mess hall. We walked around the entire set and I reminisced.

I chuckled as soon as I saw the sign “No Swimming.”

“Remember that?” I asked pointing to the sign.

Shay laughed. “Gosh that was so much getting back at those two. It was amusing to watch Nick and you flirt.” She added teasingly.

I playfully shoved her. “Shut up.”

We stopped on the dock and looked out onto the lake. I sat down on the dock and let my legs dangle off the edge. Shay sat down next to me. “I’m going to miss this place.” I looked longingly at the scene in front of us.

“Yeah.” Shay said quietly.

We stayed there for a few minutes before standing up and walked back to our cabins. I hugged Shay goodbye and went inside my cabin.

All the emotions from today rushed towards me all in one moment. My body became impatient as I tapped my foot wondering what to do now. Annoyance flashed through my body causing me to groan out in frustration and forcefully chuck my phone on the bed. The pleasure of releasing some of my pain relaxed me. I eyed the phone on my bed and hurriedly checked to see if any damage had been done to the phone.

I flipped open the phone and smiled faintly at the photo that popped up as my wallpaper. For a picture taken on a phone, it was pretty clear. Nick was standing behind me with his arms wrapped around my body as I had stretched my arm high enough to capture the picture of us too. At the last minute, Nick had turned his head and had given me kiss. I thought the picture was so cute that I had decided then that it would be my cell phone wallpaper.

An urge to talk to Nick emerged out of me as I kept looking at my cell phone with a foolish grin on my face. I flopped down onto my bed and held my arms up holding the phone above my body. I touched down the number 9 on my phone keypad and pressed the phone to my ear. Rings went through the phone as I waited for Nick to pick up his phone.

Nick’s cheerful voice answered. “Hey Cady!”

His bubbly character seemed to flow through the phone as a smile crept onto my face. “Hi Nick.”

“So today I’ve had about three diet sodas already, and I need to move. Do you want to go for a walk?” Nick suggested.

“Um, well I just came back from one with Shay.”

“Please?” Nick begged. “We won’t really have to walk around. How about you just meet me at the dock near my cabin?”

I knew exactly what dock he was talking about and the significance about it. And I knew Nick did too. I sighed. “Okay. I’ll meet you there in five minutes.”

I grabbed a jacket that I had lazily tossed onto my suitcase this morning. I pulled the jacket onto my body letting my arms slide through the soft cashmere. I shivered as the cool evening air hit my body as I stepped outside.

I scurried through the mulch laid onto the trails. I pushed back a couple of branches before the view of the lake came into sight. A dark silhouette sat on the dock tossing rocks into the lake. Trying not to make any noise, I tip toed onto the dock and sat down next to Nick. He turned his body once he noticed the presence of another person.

“You know.” I said nonchalantly. “If I remember correctly, you told me to toss rocks like this.” Picking the rock out of his soft hands, I flicked my wrist as he had shown me a couple months ago.

Nick chuckled. “You’re correct. But I also think it ended with this.” As I was about to toss one more rock, Nick touched my wrist and gently brought it down. He pried the rock out of my fingers and tossed it into the lake himself. He moved from my wrist up to my fingers and clasped his own with mine.

The feeling of shyness overcame my body. Those butterflies that had always entered my stomach when I first met Nick would unexpectedly come back at times. Nick played with my fingers and gently pressed his lips to mine. Almost exactly like our first kiss.

I pulled back and smiled teasingly. “We need to reenact that night more often.”

Nick laughed. “I definitely agree.”

A comfortable silence covered the next few minutes as I savored the moment. “Nick?”

He swiveled his head from the lake and looked into my eyes. “Yes?”

“What’s going to happen to us?” I asked softly.

“Us?” Nick questioned. “What do you mean?”

“Nick, we’re leaving in a couple days. Filming is almost done and after the last day, we’re done and never coming back. I’ll be back in Ohio and you’ll be doing who knows what with being a rock star.”

“Cady.” Nick touched my cheek with his bare hand. His chilled fingers sent a shiver through me, but oddly comforted me. “We’re going to be alright. Nothing is going to happen to us. We’ll still be able to talk to each other on the phone, and through the other sources from this wonderful technology we’re blessed to have today. We’re going to make it through.”

“I know.” I mumbled. Sighing, I spoke again. “I knew what I was getting into when I got into a relationship with you. And I’m willing to try to make it through after we leave.”

“Thank you.” Nick’s hot breath blew slightly onto my face and warmed my body. “It’s going to be alright.” He repeated.

Nick moved his arms down towards my waist and rested them there pulling me closer to his body. I wrapped my arms around his neck and slightly rocked my head back and forth. “You’re an amazing boyfriend. I love you.”

He grinned. “I love you too.” Nick didn’t waste any time before kissing me. His lips collided with mine not and expertly guided his lips with mine. Breathing soon became a problem causing me to slightly gasp for air. Taking only one breath, Nick attacked his lips once more. Must be making up for the loss of kisses I was going to have after we left Canada.

Nick firmly pressed his tongue against my teeth begging for entrance. Hoping to tease him for awhile, I pushed back his tongue with mine and continued to kiss him. I felt his shoulders deflate but quickly regain composure as he brushed off my denial. I grinned into the kiss and slowly opened my mouth which was quickly replaced by his tongue. I reluctantly detached my lips from his as the evening’s chill began to torture me.

Noticing my discomfort in the cool temperature, Nick tightened his grip around me and gently touched the back of my head onto his chest. My body started to become warmer as I stayed in the warmth of his body. “I love you.” He murmured into my ear.

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one chapter left.

I actually had fun writing this chapter, except the first half isn't written as smoothly as I want it to be, sorry. How many of you watched the live chat? Did anyone notice the question about "How to become a backup dancer for Camp Rock 2?" I didn't ask the question, but I thought of my story as soon as I heard it.

And if you haven't already, please check out the sequel (upper right) and subscribe :)

Please Comment!
Love,
Kodhai <3

P.S.Steelers won :P Even though I'm a Bengals fan..I still wanted them to win. xD