Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

Life

“That's not fair at all! He knocked it out of the way. We would would have won!” Joe protested.

We just finished our game of cornhole and had settled to go back inside the cabin since it was starting to get chilly outside. And Joe took this chance to point out every fault to why they hadn't won. I was starting to see these Jonas boys were not used to winning.

“Joe. Its just a game.” Meghan said rolling her eyes.

“What do you guys wana do now?” Nick asked taking a pretzel out of my hand. I narrowed my eyes at him, but he just simply smiled back innocently. Everybody was huddled around the kitchen island inside the cabin. Mrs.Jonas had set out snacks and everybody was munching on those.

“I know!” Joe said his eyes lighting up.

“What Joe?” Kevin said cautiously.

“Lets play Life!” Joe replied grinning.

“Life? As in the board game?” Shay said looking confused. Her expression matched almost everybody else's.

“Yeah.”

We looked at him like he had completely lost his mind.

“What? Its not like we have anything better to do.” Joe asked defensivly.

10 minutes later we found ourselves in the living room with the board game Life set up. [A.N. I hope everybody knows what board game I'm talking about.....] Since there were only 6 cars in the game, Nick and I ended up being paired up and Shay and Demi were paired up.

20 Minutes Later

“What the heck?!? I knew I should have insured my house!” Meghan said as she landed on Tornado hit your house. Pay $125,000.

“Fork over the money” Kevin said grinning holding out his hand.

For the last 20 minutes we had been playing Life and Meghan, Roshan and Joe had pretty much bad luck throughout the whole game. Both Joe and Meghan had gone in debt, while Roshan was on borderline. Kevin, Demi and Shay were doing okay, but Nick and I on the other hand, had a paycheck of $100,000, lived in a mansion, were doctors and had 4 kids. We pretty much dominated the game.

“This is stupid. Lets stop.” Joe said frustrated.

“Your the one that suggested it” I said smugly.

“ Yeah well that was before I was in debt of $200,000” Joe shot back.

“Only if you say Nick and me won and totally dominated you guys” I said not giving up.

“Fine. You and Nick won and totally dominated us” Joe said defeated.

Smiling, Nick and I replied at the same time “Thank you”.

Kevin and Demi cleaned up the game while everybody relaxed on the couches.

Meghan and Shay sat on of the double couches while me and Demi sat on the other double couch. Nick, Roshan and Joe and Kevin were on the last couch.

“Do you guys have rehearsal tomorrow” Shay asked trying to fill in the comfortable silence.

“Yeah, don't you guys?” Demi asked puzzled.

“Kishaya gave us the day off. She said count it'll probably be the only we will ever get.” I replying rolling my eyes.

“Your lucky. I think we're filming like the whole day” Nick said playing with a random string on the couch.

“You think dancing is any easier than what you guys do?” I asked raising my eyebrows slightly.

“No not all. I'm just saying I wish I had a day off tomorrow.” Nick replied quickly.

“But I'm sure I could pull off some of the moves you guys do” he added smugly.

“Really?” I said sitting up.

I could feel everybody's eyes on both me and Nick as we were speaking/arguing.

“I'm sure” he said confidently.

Pointing my finger to his face, “I'm too tired to dance right now, but we're having a dance off tomorrow Mr.Rockstar” I said feeling my competitive streak rising.

By this time side conversations had taken place next to us. Jeans was the topic to my left while I could hear NFL fantasy football to the right of me.

“Fine” he said airily. A grin started to take over his face.

“You think your going to win don't you?”

“Of course. I'm Nick Jonas. I win everything.”

“We'll see about that rockstar.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This would have been out sooner, but Cincinnati was hit with Hurricane Ike last week and I just recently got power. I'm so sorry I couldn't get this to you guys sooner!

Comments make me smile :) Subscribers is the cherry on top of my Jonas sundae :)