I Never Wanted This Lifestyle for Her

-Part-Thirty-Five-

Image

---

JJ's***POV

We walked to a near by park and talked, about anything and everything.
How I felt about Blake, to his child hood growing up in Jersey, and silly stories from when I was little.
How I sang along with him in front of millions of kids, without a worry.
Which is weird, because I can't even sing in front of my dad's anymore without being embarrassed.
Insecurity much?

"Dad. Have you ever had a relationship...Before dad?" I asked him nervously as the color from his face kind of drained away.

"I-I....Yes. I have had a relationship before Frank." He spoke as we came to a stop and sat on a bench.

I guess wrong thing said at the wrong time?

"Sorry." I said as he shook his head.

"Never be sorry when nothing is wrong." He said as he pulled me into a hug.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" I asked him as I sat up again.

Instead of him looking at me, he looked away, looking at the falling leaves.

"Her name was Katmandu." He started.

"She was beautiful. We had a kid, and she looked a lot like you. But, Olivia got cancer, and was slowly beginning to die faster then the rest of us. When she did die, Kat went into this whole 'I Don't Love You' thing. So we broke up, and that was that." He said as he looked at me with teary eyes.

"I'm sorry, again." I said as I wrapped my arms around him, to make his tears want to go away.

I hated when he cried.
Or anyone for that matter.
The world is too sad for anyone to cry already.

“But, I don’t regret ever leaving her. Ever. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have you, or Frank, by now I’d probably be in a grave.” He stated as I smiled warmly at him.

“I love you dad.” I said as I hugged him tighter.

His arms also wrapped around me, and he kissed my forehead.

“I love you too.”