I Never Wanted This Lifestyle for Her

-Part Fifty-Three-

Image

---

Gerard's---POV

“What the fuck is wrong with you Gerard?” Frank asked me harshly as I had my back turned to him.
“Nothing.” I spat as I felt him crawl into bed with me.
“Nothing my ass.” He mumbled.
“Just drop it.” I growled.
“No.” He said stubbornly as I turned around to look at him.
“Yes.” I said lowly as he glared at me.
“No Gerard Arthur Way, I will not drop this.” He said as his face was right in front of mine.

I kissed him softly, running my fingers through his hair as he smiled.

“No, Gerard. Arthur. Way. Talk. To. Me.” Frank murmured between kisses.

I climbed on top of him, to try and make him forget.
I want him to forget.

“Stop stalling.” He said suddenly as he put his hand over my mouth.

He slowly lowered it as I racked my brain for a good explanation.

“Stop being scared of her falling in love.” He sighed as I bit my lip.
“I’m not.” I mumbled as he saw right through me.
“If we did that young, how come she can’t Gerard? You of all people should know that you can’t control those feelings. No matter how much you try.” He tried to reason with me as I shook my head.
“Is that why we had so many problems?” I blurted out.
“Gerard. Not every relationship is going to work out. Not everything is going to be fucking picture perfect forever. It doesn’t work like that. I thought I would be the last person to have to point this out to you.” He explained as his words sank in.
“She’s going to get hurt more than physically at one point or another. Your not going to be able to protect her, and neither will I. She’ll learn how to build herself again. But you need to let her fall before she can learn how to get up.” I felt stinging in the back of my eyes.

I let those tears fall freely as Frank wiped at them.

“I don’t understand why I can’t..Why I can’t protect her. For all the times she’s been hurt, I was never able to protect her. Now I can. I’m able to be there for her.”
“No Gerard. It’s not like that. Your not always going to be there. No matter how much you say you can be, you won’t. Not forever. Please. Just please understand me, this one time.” He begged as his hands grasped my own.
“Think of her. Not what you can’t overcome. Her.” He reminded me as I fought with myself silently.

I don’t remember how long I laid on top of him, staring off to space, until I finally agreed.
He was right.
No matter how many excuses I can come up with, he would always be right.
I don’t remember falling asleep with all those thoughts flowing through my brain.
But I know Frank was stroking my hair and telling me how much he loved me.

Frank’s---POV

“Do you have to put on so much make-up?” Gerard asked as I eyed him.
“Dad..I wear this much make-up every day.” She said calmly as I smirked.
“What time will you be home?” He asked.
“I’m not sure, but I’ll call by curfew. Which is eleven, I know.” She reminded him softly as she smiled at him, and walked towards her room.

I watched as Gerard followed her around like a lost puppy.
As she made her way to the living room, and put her shoes on, Gerard was hovering over her.
When she stood up, his arms automatically went around her.

“You better be careful.” He murmured into her hair as there was a soft knock at the door.

My fingers clasped around his as she bounced towards the door with a pair of my old fingerless gloves on.
She smiled at whomever was at the door and waved at us before leaving.
Gerard squeezed my hand and I assured him that she was perfectly fine.
I looked at the clock on the wall and noticed that the guys should be here soon.
Not that Gerard knew that.
At that moment I heard the door knock and he quirked an eyebrow as I dragged him to the front door.

“I wonder who that could be.” I said in a childish voice as he gave me a skeptical look before I opened to door.

He smiled as Mikey, Ray, Bob, and even Brian were standing outside the door, smiling back at us.

“Surprise!” Bob said as he waved his hands in the air.

We all did a round of hugs before Gerard asked why they were here.

“Do we need a reason to be here?” Brian asked as I thanked the heavens above for him not telling Gerard the real reason.

To get Gerard’s mind off of thinking about JJ the whole time she was gone.
So he wouldn’t go do anything stupid, like call her when I wasn’t looking.
The guys came in and got comfortable, sipping on a few beers, minus Gerard.
Soon we brought out the game console and what not, and we took turns trying to kick each other’s asses at Mortal Kombat and Guitar Hero.
When there was a time neither Gerard and I were playing a game, or talking to someone, he took me aside in our hallway.

“You didn’t have to do this.” He said as he took my hands in his.
“Yes I did.” I said back to him as his face hovered over my own.

His lips pressed against mine gently, and it reminded me of our first kiss.

“I love you.” He mumbled against my lips as my knees felt like they didn’t even exist.

I had to hold myself up against the wall to make sure I didn’t melt into a pool of Frank.
But of course, someone had to interrupt this wonderful moment with a vibration in Gerard’s pants that came from his phone.
At least I hoped so.
He mumbled a greeting as his eyes lit up.

“No, not pacific time. Stop being a smart ass.” He grinned.
“Yes, midnight in-” He took a moment to look at his phone to check the time, “the next 20 minutes.” He finished as I looked at the clock on the wall I looked at earlier, and noticed it was well into the night.
“Just get home.” He laughed as he hung up and instantly connected his lips with mine.

Maybe I didn’t want her to come home so soon..
♠ ♠ ♠
I am VERY sorry for the lack of updates.
I don't know what happened.
But I will try and update every weekend.
But you know how that goes.
I'll keep writing right now, and if I think it's long enough for a chapter, I'll post it tonight.
I LOVE feedback, just so you know <3.