Dark Love

On the way

I was sitting in the wheelchair staring at the rock-made curve for the cars to pick up patients. In it was a black limousine with a door opened by someone- I guess the chuffer- and I could distinguish Walter’s dark and thin figure.

Lily took me there and when we got to the car I stood up. “Oh! Honey I will miss you so much, remember to send letters or something!” lily said hugging me and splashing tears in my black dress. “I promise, thanks for everything lily” Although I didn’t understand her enthusiasm I tried to answer with the same feeling.

Then I gently pushed her away and smiled. She walked a step back and I turned. When I was inside the limo, the man closed the door and Lily waved good-bye.

When the car started I turned to face Walter. He just smiled and started talking.

“Mistress, did you know that for the little time you’ve been awake it is amazing that you are able to move so swiftly.” He said smiling innocently.

“Walter,” I said looking at him with piercing eyes.

“Yes?” He asked as if he hadn’t noticed.

“How long will it take for us to arrive to our… destination?” I asked to see how long I had to ask questions.

“Well the mansion is approximately an hour.” He said calculating.

“Great! Then I think you ought to tell me about Mr. Urben and his family.” I said simply. “When will I see him?”

“Well miss here’s the thing. Mr. Urben is away in a… Business voyage. You won’t see him until 2 months have passed.” He said in apologetic tone.

“What?!” I more shrieked than asked. “Then tell me something about him, what does he work in? What are the family members? Something!” I demanded furiously.

“I am not allowed to do so.” He said his face hard.
“Ugh! You’re not telling me who I am living with? Then I’ll just have to leave the place!” I said and Walter hesitated.

“Well, the name of the master is Alec Urben, and wait a second I will show you his family.” He said in resignation. Well I was satisfied with that. “Here” He handed me a paper with names.

“Look mistress, Mr. Alec Urben is the head of the Urben family as you already know. He has two sisters which are Isabella and Anna. Miss Charlotte is Mr. Urben’s aunt and Mrs. Mary is his mother. The other two, Mr. Kyle and Mrs. Constance are simple friends of Mr. Urben but they help him and are counted as family.”

“Aha” I said uninterested.

Some how it felt as though the only one I was interested in was Alec Urben. I of course, didn’t want to admit that out loud.

“So Mrs. Mary is an older woman, isn’t she?” I asked just to distract myself.

“Well I’m truly sorry to say that Mr. Urben did not let me speak about her.”

“Well will I be seeing her? Cause I could just meet her and talk to her” I said cockily.

“Mrs. Mary is also away in business Madame.”
“Right. She is surely with him right?”

“Exactly” Walter said happy that I understood

“Well, I can withstand two months its not like I will be all alone.” I said boringly.

“Ahem. Well” I turned to look at Walter suspiciously “You won’t be seeing anyone Madame” I open my eyes “You see Mr. Urben let instructions of complete solitude for you to be able to think and get things in order”

“WHAT?!” I shrieked in fury and shock. Who did that Alec Urben though he was? Some idiotic spoiled geezer! I would go insane no contact for 2 whole months?!

“Madame?” Walter asked “We are here.”

I looked around and we where still in the woods. Nonetheless, the chuffer leaned towards the door and opened it, giving me his hand for me to step out of the limo.

I took it and got out with no problem. Walter was right behind me. When I looked up I found- something rather strange for this time- a chariot. This rather archaic artifact was pulled by two magnificent, black tall horses. The animals distracted me some seconds before I could notice the little thin man sitting in the front. This man was very curious. He was wearing some wore medieval clothes that reminded me of a poster I’d seen in the hospital once. I laughed at the thought.

(Poster)
http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/832/35054795.JPG

We walked towards the chariot. When I was in front of the seat I was surprised to see red armchairs, with fluffy endings. I took a step and was up, sitting comfy.

Walter followed and when he was up the chariot started moving through a path I could barely make out. It smelled of pine tree. The road was now made by square-shaped rock. We kept advancing some minutes in silence until we got in a cross shaped path, we turned right and kept moving.

The path we were taking reminded me of something, it felt oddly familiar.

We arrived to a bridge made of square stones, and a river was beneath it. When the feeling of recognition stroke so did a horrible pain in my head. My whole body cringed. Where had I seen that bridge?

“9 Km down this river is the place where you where found.” Walter spoke ignoring my cringing and expression and completely calmed.

I felt a horrible pain in my head, as if someone was smashing it. For a second I felt I drowned and that my throat closed or collapsed. In that same second all my senses extremely intensified allowing me to hear the water below me and every nerve in my body knew distance to the floor. Suddenly fire ran down my throat – in the same second I felt it I took my hands to grab my neck- hurting it and then coming up to my mouth and leaving it dry.

“We are almost there.” Walter said unimpressed as if he knew what was happening to me and he was absolutely calm.

In the moment we stepped down of the bridge I started coming back to normal. It was weird but I felt I knew how to get to my destination.

I closed my eyes letting the wind play with my hair till we arrived.

“Madame” Walter said “We are here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
3 rd ready hope u like it
comments please!!!