Status: Completed

Surrender To Love

Chapter Twenty-Four

Raven's POV

Damn it. Why can't I get him out of my head? Is this how I'm supposed to live the rest of my life? Tortured by all the memories of Jason? I mumbled under my breath as I washed the dishes in the sink. I was home alone and stuck with my thoughts. Savannah and Blake went out on a date. I'm glad that they finally got together, I always knew they would. Every time I see them together I get this pain in my heart and I would get up and leave the room. I know its not their fault, but I just can't escape these feelings.

After finishing the dishes I dried off my hands and strolled into the living room, but stopped when my gaze came across a picture on a shelf that I haven't noticed before. It wasn't there before. Walking over to it I picked it up and studied it closely. The picture was of me and Jason the first day we went to school as an official couple. From the looks of it I'm guessing someone took the picture when I wasn't looking. It was a picture of me laughing, but with Jason sitting next to me staring at me with a small loving smile on his face. The expression he wore tore my heart even more than I thought possible. A few tears ran down my face. If he loved me so much then, why isn't he here with me now?

Savannah or Blake must of put it there for some reason. I'll have to ask them about it when they get home. I placed the picture gently in its original spot. I started to walk down the hallway when I gave a startled screech. Leaning against the corner joining the kitchen and the living room was Jason.

I stood there with my hand covering my rapidly beating heart as I stared at him. Why is he here?

Jason's POV

Seeing her standing there with tears on her cheeks made me feel even more guilty of what I done to her. I walked over to her slowly and stood in front of her, gazing into her eyes as I wiped away the tears.

“How did you get in here?” she asked surprised.

“Blake gave me a key so I could surprise you.” I murmured glancing at the picture frame. Understanding dawned on her when she noticed me looking at the picture that she was looking at moments before.

“What are you doing here?” she asked quietly.

“Proving to you that I love you and always have.”

Pulling away from me she wrapped her arms around herself and shook her head at me. “You regretted falling in love with me, remember?” she spat.

“I was wrong to say that. I was grieving for my sister and took it out on you. I should never have said that when I didn't mean it. I wanted to blame someone for my loss and I wasn't thinking clearly and I blamed you. I'm truly sorry even though thats not going to fix this.” I mumbled quietly.

She placed her hand on my arm and smiled weakly at me. “I know you were upset, but you still had no right to say that. How do I know that you didn't mean it? How do I really know that you love me? Ever since I was locked up in that house you've guarded yourself from me. You got to let me in, if you want another chance.”

She's right. I've always been a guarded person and had a hard time trusting people, but I know I can trust Raven. It's time I let myself open up. I have nothing to lose except my heart. I'm willing to put it on the line for her. I risked my life for her.

“Your right,” I murmured as I placed my hand over hers, “When I first met you I had every intention of going through with the plan I was given and everything, but in order to do that I had to get close to you. Without knowing it I fell in love with you. I fell in love with everything about you.”

I pulled away from her and moved to the window that was next to the couch in the living room and looked out. “For the past two weeks I was a wreck without you. Deep down inside I knew I wasn't happy being away from you. I wanted to tell you how much you meant to me, but could never speak the words that needed to be said, so I'm saying them now.” I said glancing over at her.

Raven's POV

I watched him as he talked. I wanted to know if he truly meant what he was saying. His expression was pained and he looked so sad.

“It feels like I've known you for so long. I knew I loved you then. I know I love you now and I know I'll always love you because inside I know your the one for me. You saved me from myself, and the hell I've been living in. You gave me a purpose in life. Your the reason I had the strength to wake up everyday. Your the reason I am the person I am today. Without you I don't know where I would be right now. Without you I have nothing left to live for. Your my life, my everything. I don't see myself living without you and I'm not going to give up until I have you,” he murmured quietly as he walked to me. He cupped my cheek and stared into my eyes waiting for my response as a few tears fell from his eyes.

I never seen him so raw and open before. It touched me so deeply that I placed my hand behind his head and kissed him while pouring my entire soul into it. I have never loved anyone as much as I loved him and all I ever wanted from him was how he truly felt about me.

“That's all I ever wanted to hear,” I smiled as I brushed his tears away, “I love you Jason.”

“I love you so much,” he murmured before kissing me softly.

We spent the rest of the night in each other's arms watching a movie and talking. Before long Jason fell asleep with his arms around me. My head rested on his chest as I listened to his heartbeat. Two years ago if you asked me what I thought about love, I would have said that it didn't exist. Now I would say that it meant that you couldn't possibly see your life without the very person you loved. It would be impossible to live each day without the significant other. Many people take the four letter word for granted and they toss it around not knowing the true meaning of it.

Or others refuse to open themselves up to love another or to let someone love them. Eventually we all have to surrender to love. Especially when the right person comes along. My eyes began to flutter close as Jason's heartbeat lulled me to sleep. I couldn't possibly imagine being anywhere else.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally the end =)
Let me know what you thought of the story