The Stale Taste of Recycled Air

How to clean a kitchen

That morning was a bitch for Adele; she sat moaning on the sofa with frozen peas on her head.

"You'll freeze to death" I shouted, grabbing my coat and leaving for Billie's house.

"Shut up! It's throbbing... I'm not drinking in the week ever again," I chuckled as I left and caught a cab to Billie's house.

It was a typical morning, no sign of Billie Joe, Phil and I chatting over a cup of coffee, the phone ringing none stop and deliveries from various companies arriving. I started my chores late, leaving the kitchen till last.

I glanced out of the window as I lazily dragged the cloth across the surface of the kitchen counter top. The sun was dazzling in the sky releasing an aura of lethargy. It was a steamy summer day and I couldn't find the strength in my muscles to do anything properly. It could have been the summer air or was it because my brain was thoroughly occupied with thoughts of a certain someone. My heart thudded whilst I thought of the person, my hands working their way through his hair, down the back of his neck before sliding my palms across his bare chest, the feel of his skin sending shivers through my spine. My hands wandered down, down, to his hips, my stomach muscles contorting at the soft warm feeling of his skin, his tattoos shining just above his...

"Hey Erin," I jumped at his voice as his hands slid under my arms and around my stomach.

"Hey," I whispered, biting my lip and blushing slightly at my dirty thoughts.

"Whatcha thinking about?" he asked, sliding my hair back and kissing my neck softly. The feeling of his lips below my ear caused me to softly groan.

"I was thinking about something real good," I mumbled as his hands traced down to my skirt fingering the waistband.

"Yeah?" he asked, I could feel him grinning behind me.

"Was it me?" he giggled.

I shook my head, trying desperately not to blush as he turned me around and kissed me, his tongue sliding between my lips as I clutched the kitchen counter top in an aching want.

He pulled away slowly, inches away from my face, "Liar," he whispered, "You said my name."

I bit my lip once again as his hands trailed upwards along my thighs, "No I didn't you're imagining things," I groaned into his mouth as he smiled.

"No," he pouted moving himself closer to me still.

"YOU were imaging things," he smiled lifting me up on the counter top. He slinked himself between my legs and kissed me harshly again, my hands wrapping around his neck, totally giving in to this game he was playing.

"Luckily for you..." he grinned as my hands wandered down to his belt, unable to resist this much longer.

"I was imagining the exact same thing," He said, and I giggled as his mouth devoured my own again.

"I suppose I'll have to clean that counter top again," I sighed as he pulled himself away from resting against my chest. He smiled crookedly at me.

"Yeah" he laughed half heartedly, pulling up his trousers before picking me up and taking me down form the counter top. "Don't clean how you were before though, 'cause you'll never get anything done," He giggled kissing my forehead.

"What do you mean?" I asked, picking up my flip flops that had skidded across the room.

"You were just standing there trailing that cloth around and moaning slightly."

I looked up at him from fixing my shoe, "What?" A huge smile erupted on his face.

"How long were you standing there?" I asked horrified that my fantasy had become vocal without me realising.

"Long enough," he giggled, walking up to me and wrapping his arms around my body.

"How long is long enough?" I asked, my mouth still dropped in horror and I felt mild embarrassment.

"Well," he began, "As soon as you said my name I couldn't keep my hands off you."

He laughed at the look of bewilderment on my face before kissing me hard again. I relaxed into his arms after a while.

"Enough cleaning," he said, "Let's go watch a film," he smiled taking my hand and leading me into the living room. He flicked through the movie channels as I curled up into his lap. Settling for Batman Returns he sighed in contentment and stroked my hair softly.

As Michelle Pfeiffer was mauled by a few cats, he shifted in his seat and whispered, "Erin," he gasped, smiling slightly,

"Mmm?" I asked.

"Do you, do you think, you could get, like a cat woman costume?"

I burst out laughing at his request, "Only if you get a Penguin one."

"Deal," He replied with a grin kissing my head. I smiled to myself; I could sit here in his arms forever.