Status: Completed

Bottom of the Blackest Hole

Glide Down His Fingers on Her Cheek

I was in awe at what was in front of me. It was incredibly hard to describe the beauty of it. It was just so beautiful.

I walked towards the middle and let out a content sigh. I stood on top of this building’s roof, staring out at the horizon. It was just a big area, with basically nothing up here. I noticed that the only door up here was only from Josh.

I stepped hesitantly towards the edge of the building. A brick wall, which came up to my waist, protected me from falling off this tall building. I just hope it’s actually strong enough to. I inhaled the fresh air from up here and then stared out at the horizon.

The sun was setting, making the sky those pretty spectrum colors of pink, orange, yellow, and bits of purple and blue. I was struck by what New York City could give me. Even from up here, away from the people, is even more beautiful.

“Enjoy the view?” a deep voice drawled. I glanced to the right. Josh leaned on the wall, his back to the view, with his arms folded, his head tilted towards me.

I shrugged. If I talked now we’d problem start bickering, ruining the perfect moment I was having. He walked towards me until we were side by side. Then we just stood there, watching the sun set as the last ray of light disappear.

“It’s dark and getting cold. Let’s go in.” I obeyed him and followed him back inside. He closed the metal door as I walked to the kitchen.

“Um, is there anything here?” I opened and closed each cupboard. When I saw none, I turned to Josh.

“I’ll order take out or something.” He ordered a large pepperoni pizza. I was slight disgusted at the way he ate.

“The food isn’t going anywhere,” I said as Josh stuffed his fifth slice while I was still on my first. I suddenly lost my appetite at what was displaying in front of me.

He completely ignored me and kept gobbling away. I sighed and shook my head before biting my pizza.

--

“I am not sleeping on this bed with you!” Josh cringed at the sound.

I had my hands on my hips as I scolded at him. I am not going to share a bed with him. Somehow, we had pass the time by ignoring each other all evening…until now.

“Where do you suggest you sleep then?” He pinched his temples with his fore finger and thumb before letting out a forced sigh.

“Not with you,” I said stubbornly and crossed my arms.

“Look, I’m kinda tired. I don’t really care where you sleep, alright?” with that final rhetorical question, he stripped down into his boxers. He got onto his bed and slipped under the blankets. He completely tried to annoy me as he made himself comfortable. He patted on the empty side of the bed with a smug look.

I glared at him. If I lay my body on that bed, it’d mean he wins. No fucking way was that happening. Silently, I snatched the extra pillow, a blanket, and stomped out of the warm bedroom to the cold living room.

I was just going to lay myself on the couch when I heard a loud hiss from behind.

This was so not happening!

‘Coco’ hissed at me once more before resting its pretty head on the couch. I let out a growl that went by unnoticed.

The light flickered in the bedroom and I was met with darkness. I let out an aggravated sigh before carefully setting my ‘bed’ on the floor.

Half the blanket was laid on the floor and the other was on top of me. I snuggled and turned so I was comfortable. No such luck.

“Good night Coco. Don’t let the bed bugs bite.” Inside I was wishing a bug would eat the cat whole.

--

[Josh]

Josh bent down to pick up the stubborn, shivering girl from the floor. She stirred a little and he stiffened. Then she did something unexpected, she cuddled up to his bare chest, and sighed contently.

He wasn’t worried. Really, he could care less if she freezes to death or something. It’s his baby he’s thinking about.

Yes, he actually said his. It’s just something about her that makes it look like she’s not lying. He wasn’t going to run off if there’s a person carrying his baby, he was responsible. Best of all, he was actually moving on. Moving on from all the terrible things last year held.

He closed his eyes slightly before looking back down at the small someone in front of him. She just felt so light, like a feather. He doubted she was actually pregnant but shook his head. He then started walking towards his bedroom—their bedroom, now—and set her down gently on the massive bed. She was so freaking tiny next to these blankets and pillows.

Chuckling for her dwarfness, he wrapped blankets about her, noticing the goose bumps all over her arms. He ignored the sudden urge to gently glide down his finger on her cheek. He was definitely insane now.

Before he could do anything else he would regret later, he swiftly walked to the other side of the bed and lay down. He fell asleep a couple of minutes later listening to her arithmetic breathings and hypnotic heartbeats.

[/Josh]


--

I was jolted alive from a dream in which my father chased me down the street with a knife. I twitched at that familiar thought but a broken bottle was replaced.

I took notice that I was lying on a bed with Josh snoring slightly next to me. Not the floor like I did last night. Did I sleepwalk here or something? I lay my head back on the pillow and let out a sigh. It caused Josh to stir and he turned so that he faced me. I stuck my tongue childishly at him and looked at the time. It was only six. I go to work at ten. I had two more hours to sleep.

I tried to, but the thought of my father kept me tossing and turning. Getting up and walking didn’t cross my mind and I didn’t exactly felt like it. I wonder if my father noticed I was gone. I scoffed lightly at the thought. He’s probably just wondering where his punching bag went. I turned so that I was facing the ceiling. When I grew uncomfortable with that position I turned again, only to be stopped when an arm was placed firmly on my waist.

“Stop moving,” he mumbled. I tried to move but he had a strong hold.

“Josh…,” I whined. He didn’t respond. So I just lied on the bed until I got bored. Getting bored means getting tired for me and getting tired just meant being sleepy. My eyelids felt heavy and I closed them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel sick and tired.
Comments just might make me feel better.
*Cough*Subscribers...*Cough*
(;