Status: Completed

Bottom of the Blackest Hole

Another Baby

“Well, well, what do we have here?” a deep voice rumbled above me. I weakly opened my eyes, meeting dark green taunting ones.

A groan erupted next to me and I turned my head slightly to see the owner. Josh yawned and went back to sleep. His face was buried to my side; his arm wrapped them on my waist. My own hands were behind my head in an awkward kind of way.

He looked like a kid hugging his mom innocently. Still, this innocent act earned me a blush as I pushed myself away from him.

“You’re a fast worker, little brother.” It was David, Josh’s older brother. He sent me a wink before snatching a small pillow and directed it towards his brother’s head. It smacked him, hard.

“What the-?” Josh was startled as he sat up quickly. He saw David and narrowed his eyes.

“What are you doing here?” David shrugged and looked between Josh and me suggestively. Josh only ignored it.

“Sofia’s here so I thought I’d tag along. Why is she,” he pointed towards me, “even here? Why am I always the last one to know about the latest gossip of my own little brother?” He pouted, slightly.

“Why are you guys here?” Josh groaned as he laid his head back down on his pillow.

“Gee, nice to see you love me, bro,” David rolled his eyes before walking outside.

I stared at the clock and it was half past noon.

“Shoot!” I yelled, jumping off the bed, and getting lightheaded by the rash action, “I’m two hours late for work!” I ran to the bathroom, closed the door, and began stripping down my clothes. I was in the process of pulling up my shirt when the door opened. I gave out a shriek.

“Ah!” Josh covered his ears painfully, “What the hell?!”

I put back my shirt quickly, “Why are you here?!”

“Huh? Oh. It’s you.” With that, he walked out of the bathroom. That boy was weird. I shook my head before stripping down again and took a shower, with no interruptions.

I came out ten minutes later, with a towel wrapped around my wet self. My teeth clattered loudly from the cold shower. I walked out of the bathroom, expecting it to be empty. Josh was sleeping on the bed.

Geez, that boy can sleep. I sighed loudly before going into the closet and changing. I got into my gray skinnies and a blue v-necked, long sleeved shirt. I slipped onto my socks and carried my sneakers out just as Josh walked in the bathroom and the shower came on.

I skidded to the front door but was stopped when Sofia stepped in front of me.

“Where do you think you’re going?” she asked, a perfect eyebrow arched up.

“Work. Late,” I mumbled, stepping around her. She blocked me again.

“You can’t go to work! You’re pregnant! Besides, you have an appointment with the doctor today and we have to go look at some wedding things.” I looked at her, eyes wide.

“Why?”

She rolled her eyes. “I don’t have school today. I thought it’s the perfect time to plan your wedding.”

“But I have to go to work.”

“No you don’t.” she protested.

“Yes, I do.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes, infinity!” She rolled her eyes.

“You’re two hours late,” she stated plainly, “Besides, I already called Karen saying that you quit.”

“W-who-you-how-you did what?!” I spluttered.

“Aw, honey. You’re too fragile to work.” She said and patted my head.

I dropped my sneakers and tugged my hair harshly.

“How could you do that? I need money to live, you know!”

“You’re living with my brother. He’ll give you money.” That was her answer.

“But I don’t want his money,” I pointed towards Josh as he came out of the bedroom dressed in fresh clothes, “I want my own money!” I whined.

She completely ignored me, “I made an appointment with Madame Humphrey for dress shopping around five. The doctor’s appointment is in…thirty minutes. Josh will take you there. I have some other things to plan out.” She paused to take a deep breath. “Did he buy you a ring yet?”

“I will take who where?” Josh piped in. We both ignored him.

I looked down at my finger. There was no ring.

“Oh yeah. I took it off last night.”

“Why?” she asked, “Aren’t you supposed to keep it on at all times or something?”

“It was uncomfortable,” I said sheepishly.

“Go put it on. The press will question if you don’t have a ring.”

I didn’t move.

“Why are you planning a wedding?” I questioned. She looked at me and laughed.

“Well, you’re getting married, silly!” She shook my head at my ‘silliness’.

“Oh. I just thought we’re just going to City Hall and sign some papers. I didn’t expect to have a ceremony. I don’t need it.”

“You…don’t want a wedding?” She looked at Josh for help, “You want a wedding right?”

“I don’t care,” he muttered before plopping on the couch next to his brother and snatched the TV remote from David.

“Alright then, how about a wedding in a week? Any later then that you’ll be big.” She continued.

“What’s wrong with being big?” I frowned. I was pregnant. Wasn’t I supposed to be big?

“Well…we don’t want the press and the rest of the family to think you guys are only marrying each other because Josh knocked you up.”

“But that’s why we’re doing it.”

She looked thoughtful for a moment, “Yes, but we don’t want them to think that. Alright?”

“Oh god,” I said, “I need to talk to Courtney…” this whole scenario was just so crazy, somehow.

I trailed off into the kitchen for the phone, with Sofia yapping away about some wedding details. I was only half listening.

“Um, can I have a moment?” I pointed towards the phone.

“Sure,” Sofia said before going outside to annoy her brothers.

“Hello?” I couldn’t help as a smile stretched on my face when I heard Courtney answered.

“It’s Bailey. I need you to come over…NOW.”

“Why? Did you and Josh have another baby or something?” she said in a teasing tone.

“Not funny,” I mumbled, “It’s just that his sister is driving me crazy. I need someone else to talk to.”

“Eh, sure. I have nothing else to do anyways.” I told her the address then hung up just as Sofia came in hurriedly. She pushed me to the living room where Josh stood by the door, looking horribly bored.

“Doctor’s appointment. Right now.” And with the final push I was outside.

“No-my friend she’s coming-” I didn’t have time to finish as the door slammed on my face.

And I don’t know how, but I saw the engagement ring on my finger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to panicfallmore.
[;