Wake Me Up When This Nightmare Ends

Chapter 2

When Mike, Tre and Billie were practicing in the basement I made some dinner. When I finished I went downstairs to call them to the kitchen. As I was going down the stairs I heard them talking quietly, as if they were talking some secrets. I silently leaned my ear to the door to hear what they were talking about. I heard a voice, Billie’s voice, saying:

“Please, guys. Don’t tell Adie. We were always friends, so I hope I can depend on you. Adie REALLY mustn’t know anything about it. Not yet…”

It seemed my heart stopped beating. What the fuck? What are they talking about?? What shouldn’t I have to know? What kind of secrets has Billie which shouldn’t I know???

I heard some steps coming to the door, so I moved my head away from the door and pretended I’ve just came downstairs. The door opened and revealed Mike.

“Oh, Adie. I’ve just wanted to go and ask you if the dinner is ready.” I’m not a really good actress, so he noticed something was wrong.

“Adie? Is something wrong?” God, it’s so hard to lie to Mike! But I didn’t have any choice, so I answered him: “Nothing’s wrong. I’m just a little tired. I think I’ll go and have some rest.”

“Fine. We’ll go and have dinner if you don’t mind.”

“Sure. Go ahead.”

I was so angry. What secret do they have? What is going on?? But I shouldn’t jump to any conclusions too fast. Maybe there is no harm in it. It would be better if I sleep through this and think all about it in the morning. Maybe everything will be as usual. I hope.

I heard laughter from the dining room. Hm… it looks they’re in a really good mood. Why do I have to worry so much? It leads me to nowhere. While I was thinking about it I fell asleep.

“Good moooorniiing,” familiar voice softly woke me up. I opened my eyes and looked at Billie’s face. I yawned.

“How are you, sweetie? Mike told me you were very tired last night. Is something wrong?”

Oh, not again, I told to myself. Now I’ll have to lie to the person I love. But… he lies to me, too. Or has some secrets I supposedly mustn’t find out.

“Yeah, I was a little tired. But I’m fine now.” I smiled. He smiled to me, too and kissed me. “I love you, Adie!” he said. He again looked deep into my eyes. He’s already had applied his eyeliner at this time, at nine o’clock. “I love you,” he said again. Why is he repeating the same sentence? Is he convincing me or himself?? Ohh, I’m horrible… He usually says that to me. I’m really getting paranoid. What the hell is wrong with me? I love him yet.

I looked him into his eyes and said with soft voice completely sincerely said: “I love you too, Billie Joe Armstrong.!”

He laughed. “Oh, Adrienne Armstrong, you’re so funny.”

“Thank you,” I said. “You too.”

We gladly went in the kitchen where my breakfast was already waiting for me. Pancakes. Billie made me pancakes. He’s a real sweetie.

“Good appetite,” he wished me.

“You too.”

We kissed again, and I was happy. Maybe everything isn’t as wrong as it seemed to be yesterday.