Torchwood - The Dark Side Of The Sun

Thirteen

The darkness was broken by blue strobes, and a sleek black SUV appeared at the top of the hill. The man just stood there, covered in blood. He saw that two people jumped out of the four by four. One was a woman, the other was a man. He saw the one word stencilled across it. Torchwood. He stared at Gwen, then Jack. He noticed both had guns, and was with the man? Something was different about him. The Humex could tell the female was scared no matter how much of a brave front she put on. But the man, he didn't have any fear. Each step he took was more confident as the other.

Blades wouldn't finish him off. Death couldn't. Death didn't. The alien swallowed hard and turned the other way. He knew about Torchwood. Kill everything that seemed to be a threat. He started to walk. Gwen looked down at the scanner, "Jack! That's it! That's what stabbed Ianto. It's coming off as a Humex."

The ex-military officer whipped out his Webly revolver, "Even I wouldn't go out with one of those. Born killers." He whispered to Gwen, who also had her gun out. "Oi! Humex, You been playing tricks on my friends? You stabbed one of them, and I'm guessing you kicked another's head in. That's not nice. Did you impersonate Martha aswell? I'm ashamed. Oh, and where did you take those people from the hospital?" The alien turned, it was still in the form of Ianto. That was where it went wrong. Jack and Gwen both knew where Ianto was, and that he was quite incapacitated.

"No-one will ever get those people back. Even if I wanted to. The rift drops them anywhere, and no-one knows where. And yes I did impersonate Martha. She was easy to copy as she's traveled through time and space. I didn't even need to take her over. But for Ianto, I had to kill a nearest and dearest to be able take him over, then get his form. For little Gwen here, jeeze, that was impossible. I couldn't find, Rhys is it? Killing him would've allowed me complete control, but Ianto was good enough." He wanted to take the chance to enrage WPC Williams.

Gwen was listening harder than Jack. She wanted to have misheared it, but she was on the brink of shooting. Kill Rhys? She was lucky he had to work, otherwise, she didn't want to think about it. If she did, she'd shoot the alien dead. "What have you done to the weather?" Jack looked at Gwen in suprise.

The Humex laughed, "Don't give her that look, she's right. I have messed with the weather. I can only survive in hot weather. All I had to do was shoot magnifying beads into the atmosphere and the sun would beat down upon this sorry planet and it's people. It also contributes to global warming, so it's hitting two birds with one stone." It was truly unbearable for the ex-police officer. All her life she only cared about minor things like, what if Rhys' job goes under? But then she fell in with Torchwood. That changed he, to make her care and think things like, One wrong move will destroy the whole planet, what would Jack do?

Captain Harkness was infront of the alien with one swift step, "How do we get rid of it?" The barrel of his gun was firmly pressed against the temple of the now scared alien. It gulped.

"You'd just get rid of the beads and leave me to die. I've learnt about Torchwood one and the force they used against aliens. I'm no fool." Panic was surrounding the alien. JAck could sense it.

Shaking his head, the Captian disagreed, "We're seperate from them. I cut all connections between them and us. We are now built to help Earth just like and alien I know. He's the reason your not dead right now. We can send back home if you help us with this." The just laughed knowing full well what it was doing.

Jack actually grabbed it's head and pressed the barrel harder in, "Listen you, I will not tolerate you any longer! You tell me how to get rid of them or I'll shoot." His face showed genuine anger.
"We have a team working on the science side of everything. One call and they'll do it anyway. I'm just throughing you a lifeline. A chance to leave this planet before we knock your plan off axis. C'mon! You really think you can kill any one else?"

It's face showed fear now, "Ok shoot you're just bluffing."

Before anyone could even hear the bullet leave the magazine, the alien was splayed all over the top of the hill. But Gwen was the one holding the gun arms length, barrel smoking. She had tears running down her face.

As they drove back to camp, Jack called Martha on the comms and told her to tell the scientists to use the technology they had to get rid of the beads from the atmosphere. Arriving at the camp, they noticed every holiday maker was taking part. It would be easy to cover the whole thing up. A simple lies here and there would be appropriate.

As every one went back to their thing thinking what had just happened was a highly paid live roleplay, The three stable people packed the tents and their other team mates. The weather broadcast said it was to rain.