Second Chances For Failed Romances

What To Do Next?

I laid in bed wondering, what to do next?

Now I truly was alone. I had never been very melodramatic in all my life – but I felt like he took everything I had, he even took my hope. What was I to do?

Elyse didn’t even say a word when I walked inside the apartment. As soon as she saw me she stood from the couch, turned off the TV, and walked to her room, closing the door behind her. Elyse never closes her bedroom door. To think I was the one angry this morning? To think I was the one that thought I was right? I had been so fucking wrong. What could I possibly do now to make things better?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Work had never been so tedious. All I wanted to do was go home, eat ice cream, and watch sad movies. Maybe I was only being so dramatic because I was in the middle of my time of the month - or maybe I was truly hurt. All I know is that I wanted to be far away from where I was.

All this boutique reminded me was of the couple of times Alex came over and attempted to win me over. And I couldn’t help but wish he’d be back here once more doing the same.

I couldn’t take the small work space anymore - I took my lunch break and walked to the nearest location that served food.

After I finished my meal, I made my way back to the suffocating boutique. As I walked I moved my eyes from the ground to the boutique, back and forth. Until I was close enough to see a tall, shaggy haired boy leave the store - far enough to not be able to catch up. Although I wouldn’t have been able to catch up - my feet froze at the sight of him even though I wanted to be near him more than anything. A million thoughts fled throughout my mind and a minute too late I started speed walking towards him - only to watch him walk away and fade into the distance.

As I stood before the store I wondered why had I choked on my own words. At this point I was only looking for answers.

I walked inside the boutique and clocked in, only to be called by my boss.

“Audrey, come to my office for a second,” the petit, aged, blonde said.

“Sure, ma’am.”

I walked inside her office and sat in front of her desk.

“I think it’s the right time,” she said, smirking at me.

“The right time?” I questioned.

“Yes! The right time for you to start handing me your designs, for us to become creative coworkers,” she smiled. She knew this was my dream.

I smiled so wide I gave her full exposure of my teeth, “are you serious? Are you sure?” I asked, trying not to show the extra excitement I thought I was hiding.

“Of course I’m sure!” she continued, “I think you and I can really have something going on with your new line. I’ve seen your drafts, and I think we can really work together. I just need you to bring me something more official first thing tomorrow and we can start brainstorming right away.”

I nodded, the gap between my lips still taken up by my teeth. “You can count on me,” I said as I began stepping out of her office. I turned, as I stood by the door, to face her, “thank you so much.”

At least one thing in my life was falling into place.
♠ ♠ ♠
shitty update - yo se.

but i promise next one will be better.
either the next one of the one after is the good one. idr.

xoxo
Pansy