Second Chances For Failed Romances

Our Chemistry Is Kerosene

“No, fucking enlighten me!” he laughed as a couple of waiters walked towards us, asking us to calm down or leave.

I took a deep breath, an angry deep breath. In that split second I knew I could regret the following four words that would leave my tongue; but I was willing to take the risk. “Because I love you.” I spat out, as if those words were poison. Yet nothing else mattered; because I learned that no embarrassment, not any large amount of alcohol, no dinner favorite, no stupid fight, nothing could match up to how much I needed the man I was screaming at. And even if this meant that I’d never get the pleasure of talking to him again because he’d be afraid of me or creeped out or whatever it might be; it was worth the risk. I never regretted anything as much as not ever telling him how I felt.

He let out a long, deep breath, and, just like my heart, time seemed to have stopped. “What?” he asked quietly, his eyebrows furrowed.

I took a step back and repeated myself, lower and slower this time, dropping my gaze, “I said that I love you.” I took a deep breath and continued pouring my heart out, ignoring the many eyes that stuck to me like fleas, “and it’s not a new thing; I’ve always loved you. You’ve been driving me crazy since that first time you confronted me. I’ve always been crazy about you. And about how you always were so confident and funny. And how every time you say hi to me you give me a crooked smile. And how your voice gets lower whenever you try to whisper. And how you glare at me whenever I take some of your food, yet you never complain. I’ve always loved it how you’re not afraid of anyone or anything and how we’re so alike. Yet, you always brought out the weaker side of me; you made me dependant of you, and I always hated that because you made me so insecure – but I never want to stop. I don’t want it to end.” I looked up at him and handed him a weak smile, “most of all, I’m sorry for all the shit I’ve put you through – I know all of everything that has happened is my fault. I hope you’re happy with whoever you find; whether it’s anyone or that blonde girl from the other day – she wouldn’t know how lucky she is to have you.”

I nodded at Jack and Elyse, who were staring at me as if I were some sort of crazy person, and then at him, who just glared at me, trying to read me. I began walking away from our table, trying to make my way of out of the restaurant.

“Noel...” I heard Alex call after me. I turned slowly until his stare met mine, “that girl... she talked to Natalia and got everything set up to welcome your line...” he sly smirk crept to his face. My eyebrows furred in confusion and realization. Once more, I was the last jerk standing. Slowly, he began walking up to where I stood. He grabbed my hand a brought it up against his chest. He looked me dead in the eye, and continued, “there’s nothing between her and I, only business.” His smirk grew into a smile, “I love you.

The biggest smile crept to my face as he slowly leaned in and our lips met halfway, it was the same taste as it had been so many years ago; then mostly everyone in the restaurant began clapping and we separated out of embarrassment. “I forgot everyone was watching,” I told him in a whisper between smiles.

He smiled and pulled me closer, “I honestly don’t care who’s watching,” he said as he pressed his lips against mines once again.

That night, Alex and I went to my place, and nothing could’ve made it more perfect.

Your lips are a hot flame baby, and our chemistry is kerosene
As we kiss to the sound of your stereo, don’t say a word
I won’t say a word.
♠ ♠ ♠
well, i tried my hardest to make this good.
I hope it is... (:

sorry if it disappointed.
and thanks to everyone who read, inspired, commented, subscribed, anything! (:
you guys are da bom' fa sho.

i love you guys.
and i'm going to miss this story

xoxo
Pansy

ps: Noel - All Time Low
Think about it 'till anticipation makes you shake and we both lose control.
Put the pedal to the floor, lay the seat back, lock the doors,
we're gonna make this worth our while.
It's getting harder to breathe...

"Jealous hearts will leave us all in ruins,"
that's what we'll say as we hide out from our friends, hear the message once again,
"Lets get this right."

Your lips are a hot flame, baby and our chemistry is kerosene...
Take it off, take it all off, maybe we can get down and burn up in the heat...

Times like these feel so dangerous,
When you know you're gonna find out,
how right it feels,
to ignore the ones you love the most,
This can't be right.

Your lips are a hot flame, baby and our chemistry is kerosene...
As we kiss to the sound of your stereo, don't say a word... I won't say a word...

Don't treat this like a secret,
just keep it quiet while we know that we could tear best friends apart
with all the lies we've told...

Your lips are a hot flame, baby and our chemistry is kerosene...
Take it off, take it all off, maybe,
and I'm lost for words when thoughts don't compare - write it down...