Second Chances For Failed Romances

Why Did You Leave Little Clues For Him

“What do you think you’re doing here Barakat?” I asked in a cold tone. I couldn’t believe the guts this kid had.

“Well,” he said as he walked inside the apartment, already making himself at home.

“Talk, what do you want?” I interrupted his thoughts – this was taking way too long.

He turned and looked me directly in the eyes, “I want my friend’s dick back,” he said in all seriousness, and we both heard Elyse let out a small giggle in the background.

“What?” I gave him a wide-eyed quizzical look. If this kid knew the words that are escaping his mouth.

“Bro, ever since he saw you again like last week-” he threw himself in the couch and began, but I cut him off.

Bro, I saw him like two days ago or something.”

“Whatever,” he shrugged, sitting up, resting his elbows on his knees, “my point is, ever since he saw you he’s being such a girl man. Such a fucking pussy.”

“So?” I shrugged, walking over to the couch, “it’s not my fault, he’s always been a pussy, you, out of all people, should know that Barakat.” I stood in front of him, “after all, you two claim to have daily sex,” I smirked his way, and once again, Elyse let out a little laugh, now from her room. Knowing her, she was probably against the inside of her door listening to our conversation.

“Whatever man, I just want you to stop playing games with him-”

“Woah, slow down tiger,” I cut him off again, “stop playing games with him? I told him straight up that I want nothing to do with him. You see this,” I grabbed a handful of my hair, “this ridiculous thing, it’s because of him.” I handed him a fake smirk, “and these,” I pointed towards my eyes, “those aren’t real either.” Once again, I was getting angry, “these past couple of years I’ve been running away from your amazing friend. He sneaked his way through my personal life and found me, not my fault. I want absolutely nothing to do with him. If it were up to me, he wouldn’t even be alive.”

He stared at me and shook his head, “if that’s true, then you wouldn’t have made such a big deal out of the situation,” he shrugged and stood up.

“Oh please Jack, what would you know,” I almost shouted at him as he made his way across my living room, heading towards the door.

He turned around and faced me, “much more than you Noel. I know my friend spent these past couple of years thinking about you, trying to reach you in a way or another. And the first time he dialed your number, the number didn’t exist. And the first time he sent you some post-card bullshit, he got it sent back, because you didn’t live there anymore. And that when we went back to Baltimore, he searched for you, up and down, and you were nowhere to be seen. And when he finally found you, you tell him he’s not part of your life, although you’ve been “running from him” all this time,” he made quotation marks with his fingers. “I mean, if you really didn’t want him to find you, why did you tell Bobby where you were going? Why would you even come to Hollywood like you told him you would?” he stared at me, then shrugged and chuckled.

“Bobby is my friend,” I replied sternly.

“Yeah, he was also Alex’s, and that was something you knew,” he spoke clearly, “whatever man, all that I’m asking is that you make up your mind. Either stop playing games with him, or go out with him again, because he’s driving us all fucking insane and everything now is ‘Noel this, Noel that,’ and I swear he bitches like a girl,” he shrugged and turned to open the door, “nice seeing you again,” he shouted as he stepped out.

I let out a loud scream and threw myself in the couch, which sent Elyse running out of her room and towards me. The people I’d been running away from for the past couple of years were haunting me.

“He is right though,” Elyse said as though she was reading my thoughts, “if you really are hiding from Alex, then why did you leave little clues for him.”

I shrugged, “I forgot.”

“Oh please,” she stood up from the couch, “we both know you’re not stupid.”

“You know what Elyse,” I began, but then I took a deep breath, choosing a different set of words, “he might be right.
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of short. kind of sucky.
sorry.

xoxo
Pansy