Second Chances For Failed Romances

My Favorite Ice Cream

I walked inside my empty apartment and closed the door behind me, knowing this wasn’t the end. I turned quickly and opened the door again, peeking my head unto the hallway, “hey, Alex,” I called after him, walking his way.

“Yeah?” he stopped quickly and turned on his heel.

“Do you want dessert?” I asked quickly.

He furrowed his brows, smirking, “dessert?”

“Yeah,” I shrugged, “have you ever tried birthday cake ice cream? It’s my favorite nowadays.”

His smirk turned into a chuckle, “I havent tried it, so, why not?” he stuffed his hands in his pockets and followed me inside the apartment.

--------------------------------------------------------

“That’s it?” Elyse asked as we drank white mocha’s at Starbucks, “he came over for ice cream?”

I shrugged, “my favorite ice cream.”

“Are you fucking kidding me Audrey?” she ran a hand through her hair in frustration, “this kid is in love with you and you only give him ice cream? What a tease.”

I furrowed my brows, “what? How did I tease him?”

“You asked him if he wanted dessert, that’s like inviting him inside your vagina.” She snapped back.

“What?” I exclaimed, “there’s no way I’m giving in to him so easy.”

“What the fuck does he need to do? He already praises and kisses the ground you walk on. He’s your bitch. You have him whooped. At this point he’ll do anything you tell him and you know it.” She stated, as if it was a fact.

“I do not,” I said as she glared at me. I rolled my eyes and admitted, “either way, if that were the case, I think I have the right to make him do whatever I want since he’s been such a dick to me.”

She took a deep breath, “don’t take advantage of him, all he’s done is care about you.”

“And he also broke my heart,” I retaliated.

“But you didn’t even think twice about breaking his right after. Much harder than he broke yours,” she stated.

“As if you knew,” I sat back.

“Audrey, he loves you,” Elyse stated calmly. “He doesn’t deserve to be toyed around.”

“Elyse, I’m not toying with him,” I shrugged, “I just can’t trust him. You can’t expect me to go lunch with him once and then go straight to fucking. I need to take my time. I need to know that it’s right, because so far it’s only been wrong.”

“Well, maybe that’s what makes it right,” she shrugged.

“What?”

“That it’s so wrong,” she stated matter-of-factly. “Think about it, two negatives make a positive. So much shit has gone down between you two that it only means you two work when you’re together.”

“Elyse, that doesn’t even make sense,” I furrowed my brow.

“Yes it does,” she sighed, rolling her eyes, “you guys can’t be just friends, it doesn’t work when you two are just friends. You two have never been friends. Your relationship hasn’t been fucked over because you two weren’t friends first. Your relationship was fucked over because you were trying to keep it alive, trying to not fuck up; that’s when you’ve fucked up.”

I glared at her in disbelief, “well… I still think we should be friends first.”

She rolled her eyes, “it also doesn’t work ‘cause you’re too stubborn. You know I’m right.”

“You’re so wrong,” I rolled my eyes, knowing she was right.

“You need to stop trying to make it work, when your relationship works it just happens, it’s not forced.”

“Fuck you for being so smart,” I sneered at her, “I need to get you a boyfriend so you can leave my life alone.” I joked.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for tricking everyone into thinking they'd fuck.
sorry elyse.(:

i love you guys for reading.
this chapter was kind of bad.
sorry for the lack of alex here.

xoxo
Pansy