Status: Updated! =]

The World is Ugly

But If You Sing These Words, We'll Never Die

I looked over at Holly, she had fallen asleep hours ago when we were still in California. We were now somewhere in the middle of Nevada in the desert and I yet to pull over again since we had ventured out and stopped for a bit to eat. She was terrified that we would get recognized but I knew that it was just a matter of time until we need to go out in public; hiding in this car forever isn’t an option.

When we had stopped though, it gave us time to go through our phones and see ‘who’ exactly our friends were now. Frank was Skully; Ray was Otto; Mikey was Starbucks, Brian was Irish, my parents were just under ‘Mom’ and ‘Dad’ and for each other we just had ‘Sky’ and ‘Derek’. It was a pretty simply set up. I had no complaints with it but Holly wanted to change everyone up.

“Can I change Skully to Penguin? I’d rather have him like that and besides it would like better to have our phones a little switched up.”

I just nodded and took a drink from my coffee because I knew no matter what I had said she was going to do it anyways.

I had that radio turned on low but something caught my ear and I turned it up a little louder.

This goes out to all you MCR fans… Rest in peace, Gerard and your girl…”

A smile lit my lips, as the opening chords of Welcome to The Black Parade started playing. It was going to be hard leaving my old life behind, especially because everything that I was is what brought me and Holly together and all the crazy bullshit just brought us closer.

As I started to sing to sing along to my own voice another voice joined me.

“Your misery and hate will kill us all…”

Her soft voice sounded so sleepy, I instantly turned the radio off before she could sing along anymore and I knew the song had more than one line about ‘dead’ or ‘death’ and she was still having her doubts about this whole thing and that is not what I wanted, for either of us.

“Morning sleepyhead.”

“Gerard, why did you turn the radio off? I like that song, one of my favorites actually.”

I kept my eyes on the road because I didn’t really know how to answer her without sounding either overbearing or just like a pussy.

“Holz, you know these past couple of days… You haven’t exactly been… happy about what’s happened and I just don’t want anything to upset you. That’s all,” I really hope she would just drop it. We were coming in Las Vegas the sign post we had just pasted said and this would be a good place to stop.

“I haven’t been myself, Gerard? Really? That’s a great choice of words because the last time I checked Holly Woods was dead!”

I didn’t even bother trying to argue back, my eyes were glued on the road and soon enough the bright neon lights of Las Vegas were flooding the car.

We pulled up to Planet Hollywood – I thought Holly would love the choice but as I went inside to book the room she remained silent. As I walked back out to get her and tell the valet to take the car; Holly was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so so SO very sorry that it's been literal years. But you know, life. Right? School, Job, and more SCHOOL.
But I am back and will be updating and adding new stories.
<3
RR