Status: Updated! =]

The World is Ugly

Gone.

I watched chucks of blonde hair fall to the floor. I didn’t want to look up into the mirror but Alicia and Jamia were encouraging me to do it. They were saying how good it looked. How good could my hair look if it was blonde and all chopped off? But peeking through my fingers, I saw the miracle work my two friends had done in the past hour and a half. It was… blonde, yes – I would not let that fact go, but it looked amazing. I had bangs cut right above my brow line and my hair lied just above my shoulders.

It wasn’t me at all, but I guess that’s why I had to love it – because it couldn’t be me.

“Come on, we have to change you out of those clothes and into something a little more…,” Jamia searched for the word as I studied my reflection in the floor length mirror. “Suitable.”

I followed the girls out of the bathroom and into the bedroom where several outfits were laid out, “What should you dress like?”

“Well, if we dress punk or anything – they’ll obviously know it’s Gerard… so let’s go Prep,” That was really the only way to go. I just wondered how the guys were going to transform Gerard. He was just so well known.

“Okay, try this on, Holly,” Alicia said handing me a long sleeved plaid shirt that had Hollister on the collier and white ripped jeans that were obviously Hollister too. How did they already have this? At least it did look cute.

I slipped the clothes on and came out to hear the sound of ‘oh my god’s’ from all around. I hadn’t noticed that the guys came in, well all except for Gerard.

“Holly, is that really you?” A guy came forward and touched my arms.

“Uh, who are you?” I squinted into the blue eyes of some stranger. The voice was familiar, sure it sounded almost like Gerard – but no, it couldn’t be. There was no way that this dirty blonde haired guy dressed completely in Hollister was Gerard. There was a tattoo on his wrist! Ha, see proof.

“It’s me Holz, Gerard?” The strange dude said.

“No way; Frankie, where is my Gerard?” I asked looking behind the guy.

“He’s right in front of you Holly. We put in colored contacts, died his hair and dressed him Preppy – we were thinking about putting colored contact in your eyes too,” Frank shrugged. My mouth gapped open and I looked up at Gerard.

“Well, there’s only one way to be sure…”I leaned up and kissed him and as he kissed back and our tongues danced, my doubt flew away. I smiled and pulled away. “I had to be sure.”

“Of course,” Gerard laughed. “Now we have to get a move on the story has been out for a couple hours now. Brian?”

“Right, here are your new passports and I.D.’s – You’re new names are Sky and Derek,” Brian said as he handed us our ID’s it was odd because everything was so different. I wasn’t from Columbus, Ohio anymore – I was from Oakland, California and I was born on April 15 instead of May 5. Everything was so confusing but I had to remember it all.

“And the car?”

“I couldn’t get exactly what you wanted, but I did get something good –“

Brian went to the window and we all followed and looked out, sitting outside in the driveway was Bumblebee – you know the brand new Charger from Transformers? I squealed and hugged Brian from the side before – almost – running outside.

“Hold it, I have a few more things to go over before you guys have to leave.”

“Okay, what are they?”

“Cell phones – throw your old ones out – I bought new ones and we are under code names, I’m pretty sure you can figure it out for yourselves,” Brian handed me and Gerard each a Blackberry. “Also, I set up a private account for you to use that way no one can track you. Some rules too, don’t get on MySpace or any other network and don’t check your email unless you make it under your new names – Okay?”

“I have a question, guys,” I bit my lip and looked around the room. “Well actually two.”

“What is it Holly?” Mikey asked.

“First do you think we’ll be able to start a new life?”

“I can hardly recognize you – and I’ve been here the entire time, so yeah, I think so, what’s the next question?” Ray asked.

“Okay, well…It’s not exactly a question but,” I sniffled because I should’ve known I couldn’t go through this good-bye dry-eyed. “Can you all give me a hug? I’m going to miss you.”

A big group hug descend upon me with lots of I’ll miss you too’s love you’s and such. My friends were so amazing – I didn’t know how I was every going to leave them, but then again after every dispersed from me and all that was left was Gerard standing there, holding his hand out to take mine. I knew I had no other choice.

I took Gee’s hand and we walked out to the Charger and hopped in and drive away from the house not to step foot in it ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Told you I'd keep this up.
<3
RR