Status: SLOWLY but surely.

He Breaks Hearts Like the West Was Won

Chapter 3

Two Months Later

I woke up, my stomach queasy once again. 'Damn stomach flu must me going around again,' I thought as I rushed to the bathroom to empty my stomach for the fourth morning in a row. I rinsed my mouth out and headed to the kitchen to get some Pepto Bismol. Before I could open the container, there was a knock at the front door. I opened it to find Brittany and Bree standing there, holding a couple Wal-Mart bags.

"Uhh, hey, guys.. What are you doing here?"

They looked at one another and walked in, shutting the door behind them without answering. I rubbed my eyes and followed them into my bedroom.

"Uhm, guys, what are you doing here?!" I asked again.

Brittany flopped down on my bed and Bree smiled weakly at me.

"We're gonna play Doctor Diagnosis with you, Em."

I wrinkled my eyebrows and my nose.

"Why? I've got the--" My hand flew up to my mouth and I took off for the bathroom again. When I came back, Brittany looked at me expectantly.

"You've got what?" she asked, smirking.

"The stomach flu. That's it." I shrugged and sat down beside her.

"Uh-uh. Here."

Brit handed me a bag.

"What's this?"

"Just dump it out. You'll see," Breeana said.

I did, and out poured a box of Kleenex, three pints of ice cream, and the movie A Walk To Remember.

"What's tonight, ChickFest or something?" I asked, laughing.

No one answered, but Bri handed me another bag and motioned for me to dump it out as well. I did, and five different types of pregnancy tests fell out. My eyes widened.

"W-what... W-who are THESE for?!" I half-shouted.

"You," Bree and Brit said simultaneously. I shook my head.

"I'm not pregnant."

They nodded.

"Most likely, you are."

"No. I'm not."

"You could BE!" Brittany said.

"It's just the stomach flu. I'll be fine within days," I said, still shaking my head.

I got up and took the ice cream into the kitchen to put it in the freezer, Brittany and Bree trailing behind. "Stop it." I threw the ice cream in and shut the freezer door.

"Awwwh, c'mon, Em! Just take the tests. If you aren't, you've got the stomach flu. If you are... well... YAY!" Brittany laughed.

I slumped my shoulders in defeat.

"If I take the damned tests, will you shut up?"

They both nodded.

"AND leave me alone in my husband-less solitude?"

They nodded again, more vigorously this time.

"Fine. I'll take the damn tests."

I went into my bedroom, grabbed the five boxes, and went into my bathroom, slamming the door.

"Emily, how's it going in there?" Bree called.

"Shut up! I... can't pee."

"Just take a minute, you will."

"Well, I can't with you talking to me!"

"Oh, just shut up and piss on the stick already!"

I ignored them and stared down at the little psychic stick in my hand and mumbled something about retarded friends and wanna-be doctors. I went ahead and took all five tests, then set them face-down on my bathroom counter and walked out.

"So???" Bree and Brit pounced.

"SO, we'll know in a few minutes or so..."

"Oh. Well... how's life?" Brittany asked.

I shot her a death glare.

"It was fine and dandy until you guys decided to give me hell about puking. So let's just keep quiet until the timer goes off, hmm?"

Brittany clamped her mouth shut. I wasn't really meaning to be a big bitch, honestly. I was just feeling yucky, and like I'd said before, I'd been throwing up for four days. You really don't want to deal with pushy, hyperactive people after that.

15 Minutes Later

DIIIING!

"Okay, go look!" the girls squealed.

"And if I don't want to?" I said grouchily at my two hyped up, overly excited friends.

Bree's mouth dropped open.

"B-but... You have to!" She screeched.

"Yeah, yeah. Alright, let's get this over with."

I went into the bathroom again, Bree and Brit following, and flipped one of the tests over...
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for Juli_Tabouli, who stated that "indefinite hiatus is NOT an option". lol. I decided to rewrite the 3rd chapter that was on quizilla... I'm going to try and rewrite the remainder of the series, but bare with me... I also have to write for work.

Regarding the rewriting::: It's going to be a lot different than what you might be used to with the first Sonny series (Kiss Me, I'm Contagious) and the beginning of this series, as I was 17 when I started the 1st and 18 when I started this one. My writing style has changed greatly since then. So! I hope whoever is reading this enjoys it... Because I probably never would've started it back up had Julia not asked for it.