Eternal Rest

Hard News, Taken Harder

April 22nd, 2008. I woke up and looked around. My face felt numb. I tried to sit up but I collapsed back down. This place seemed somewhat familiar. I was in a grassy field with a forest behind me. It was dark out, pitch black, and I assumed it was midnight. I lay there for about ten minutes. I sat up very slowly. I was alone and I had no idea how I got here or why I was here.. I stood up and look at the ground next to me. A gun was by my side. Blood on the side. I picked it up and stared at it in confusion. I scratched the side of my head and felt a sticky substance. I pulled my hand away and saw the blood on my hand. My heart froze. I put two and two together and I knew what happened. The blood and the gun. I had been shot

Two nights ago I was shot

Someone put a gun to my head and shot me.

A bullet sunk straight through my skull

Questions raced through my mind. The last people I had been with were my friends. They would never every do anything like this. I was best, best friends with Zacky until four nights ago when we got in the biggest fucking fight of a lifetime. We were yelling, and cussing so much. Every other word was a swear word. Punches were thrown and shit got broken in Zacky’s house. It was brutal. He told me I would pay for the fight. But we had talked everything out and we were okay now. Some one I knew had killed me.

A friend pulled the trigger that silenced me.

I know why I hadn’t felt any pain sitting up. I was dead. I was dead. I had no more life to live. I left everyone I knew and loved. What now? I have nothing. There is nothing for me. I was dead!

No pain as I awoke, but dead

I put my hands inside my pockets and felt my phone in my left pocket. I pulled it out and turned it on. After it turned on, I looked at the time. It was 12:15 AM. Aprill 22nd. I had hung out with my friends two nights ago, on April 20th. I had been dead for two days.I was about to put my phone in my pocket when I felt a buzz, followed by a lot more buzzing. I had a lot of text messages, missed calls and voice mails coming through. I sat down in the spot where I woke up and read/listened to each message. It would keep me busy for a while. First, the texts.

-“Hey dude.” Brian

-“Hey dude, are you still with Zacky?” Brian

-“Since you aren’t replying to Brian’s texts, maybe you’ll answer me :)” Johnny

-“Dude, where are you guys?” Sulivan

-“I though you and Zacky were fighting, Why are you even with him?” Johnny

-“I swear to fucking god I hope you aren’t fighting…” Sulivan

-“Fuck Matt, did you guys die along the way going home or what?! Jesus Christ." Brian

“Haha!” I laughed out loud. Funny that Jimmy had asked me if I died. I literally did…I have a sick sense of humor, laughing at my own death. I finished reading the texts and listening to voice mails. 18 missed calls. All from my friends including Zacky. That’s weird. I sighed and looked around at the location I was in. Ten minutes had passed since I turned my phone on. I was really anxious to find out who the fuck killed me. I stood up and debated whether or not to take the gun. I looked around nervously, picked up the gun and walked away. The part that killed me to think, was that I had been betrayed by one of my friends. I didn’t know where I was going. I was going to somehow find my way…home.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is based off the song "Radiant Eclipse." Look up the lyrics if needed :D

Comments and subscribers make my world go round.