Eternal Rest

Dead Man Walking.

I had been walking for two hours when I finally was able to get my bearings. I was five miles away from a main road. Once I got to the main road, I walked to my house.
I walked up the driveway and stared at it. It was such a weird feeling knowning that I wasn't going to live in this house anymore. I went inside, surprised the door wasn't locked. My house was dark and cold. I looked around and nothing had been touched; it was the way I left everything. I went upstairs and turned on my bedroom light. Once again, everything was the way I left it. I pulled out a pair of clean clothes and walked into the bathroom. I showered and quickly got changed into my clean clothes, grabbed a bottle of water, and walked out of the house.

I had the bloody t-shirt in my hands I had been wearing for the past two days. I walked to end of the block and threw it out in the dumpster. I sat down on the sidewalk and tried to remember the night of April 20th. I remembered going to the bar with my friends, eating dinner, and drinking a little. Though Zacky and I weren't on the "best friend level" at the momnet, we could still stand being around eachother. A lot of the details about the night were fuzzy. I remember Zacky saying we were going to go to his house for a while. We got in his car and drove to his house. That's as far as I could remember. That still wasn't answering my question of who the fuck killed me. I began walking to the bar, to see if I could jog my memory.

Throughout town, I saw posters everywhere. They were posters of me. I went up to read one.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN?

(a picture of me}

Matt Saunders went missing the night of April 20th. $500 dollar reward if he is found. Please call either one of these numbers if he is found or you have information regarding him.

(312) 405- 6183- Johnny Seward

(312) 405-8374- Jimmy Sulivan

I wondered if anyone had called them. I re-read the sign and walked into the bar. I was dead, but so far the people I had past in the streets hadn't noticed me. I was sort of stuck in the Limbo Land where I could witness everything, but no one could notice me. Why hadn't I just died instantly? Was it because I was not at peace with who put the fucking gun to my head and pulled the trigger? I guess so.

"I can't believe the poor kid is missing. He was here with his friends jsut two nights ago. They must be worried to death." A man around the age of 40 said to his friend sitting next to him. Curious, I wandered over to them to listen in on their conversation.

"I know man. The five of them seemed to get along just fine. I wonder what happend. We saw, they were laughing and and swearing up a fucking storm! Scary that he'es gone now." The second man replied.

"Yes it sure is. I, think he's dead. Probably his little friend with the black hair, lip rings and nose stud. I saw some tension in his eyes. Maybe he killed him."

"Yeah, you're right Dan. I hope the poor kid gets found, that is, if he is dead." I couldn't listen anymore. I had enough. Did Zacky kill me? Or was I jsut assuming he did considering we had been fighting for the past four days. The morning of April 20th, I went to his house and I made him talk out our problems with me. I took us three hours. I was so sure we had settled all our shit. Suddenly, a flashback entered my mind.

I remembered Zacky talking about being best friends again. He said he missed the connection between us. He told me I could always trust him. I could trust him with anything. He said so.
"...you know we've been through a fuckload of stuff to just stop being friends. It's just the way it is. Friends as good as us....don't betray eachother."


I pulled out of the flashback. Wow, damn that was weird. We were best friends. He said so himself, "friends as good as us don't betray eachother"....do they?
♠ ♠ ♠
SO, so, so sorry for the long awaited update!

Comment lovies.